Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2001 9:49:42 AM EDT
Lets get down to naming names without being slanderous.
In the Chicago media market, on tv:
Walter Jacobson- anchor - FOX
Paul Meineke - reporter - ABC
Dick Kay - commentator - NBC

Hope I got names spelled right.  Chicago area boys help me out to add to this list in our area. [:\]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The editorial staff of the Dallas Morning News is very much against any pro-gun legislation and solidly behind any "common sense gun safety proposals." It's for the children, don't you know?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I live in NY, any questions?

Well to be fair, I'd have to say the Fox broadcasts have been good, however usually on the local channels in the Albany area , ABC, NBC and CBS - its the 'witty' comments by reporters after a story that really burn my ass.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm with raf, it's easier to list the pro-RKBA media.  Here in Boston there is two that I know of:

Jay Severin 96.9FM
David Brudnoy 1030AM
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
hahah, i live in berkeley california.  there isn't pro and anti, its simply, "why would an honest person need a gun?"

alphabeta121 <---- wishs there were more people with common sense, or had a one way ticket to texas.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
never watch local news. The "Buffalo News" newspaper is pretty left, so I don't read that. They have posted letters to the editor on both sides of the gun debate.
Channel 7 (ABC affiliate) did show the NRA's half hour paid commercial that was on last year. I realize the NRA had to pay for it, but at least they allowed them to buy the time slot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Even here in conservative gun friendly Oklahoma, the media is almost all antigun liberals. Its not just some of the reporters, but the editors, anchors, management.

KFOR - NBC Affiliate
KOCO - ABC Affiliate
KWTV - CBS Affiliate

[size=6]B[/size=6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
About everyone in the news media.  The local newspaper had a special front page section on the 23 women in my town who went to the MMM, but completely ignored the 178 NRA members and the 50 or so SAS members who went to protest.  An editorial answered the nearly 1,000 pieces of mail that the newspaper received regarding their overlooking and much larger crowd by saying that they had no previous knowledge of the pro-gun rights people going to the march because they were not contacting by the NRA or the SAS.  That's crap, I sent them a letter and so did my local NRA representative.

A story on the Richmond evening news (I forget which station) a while back talked about the "hand cannons" that were being confiscated in ever larger numbers.  They said something like, "Criminals are becoming progressively better armed blah, blah, blah...."  It was about the Desert Eagle .50.  They showed a clip of a cop shooting a cinder block with the .50 (which was like 10 feet away from him) and it split in two (whoopty shit, my .45 with +P 180gr will do the same thing).  Come to find out 2 of these dangerous, armor-piercing, death weapons had been confiscated in the past 3 years.  I'm sure that makes them the most popular weapon on the streets of Richmond.  One of the other anchors said, "What is the sporting use of a weapon like that?"  I screamed at the TV, "It makes it more sporting when that .50 slug blows apart the melon of some scum-sucking pinko news anchor!!!!"

Rant mode off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
here in sunny Tucson AZ....
of the three majors-
NBC-kvoa, and CBS-kold, are really just ignorant, and follow whatever they here from the anti's
BUT..... our ABC affiliate is KGUN !!!! Thats right !!!K-GUN and they are pretty darn fair on the coverage(as far as abc goes)
How cool is it to have GUN in your call sign
[x]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
That would be every media outlet in Seattle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#11]
All of them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the other anchors said, "What is the sporting use of a weapon like that?"  I screamed at the TV, "It makes it more sporting when that .50 slug blows apart the melon of some scum-sucking pinko news anchor!!!!"

Rant mode off.
View Quote

I would like to tell those antis, " you know, some of us might like to hunt deers or other large game animals with a pistol, since it is harder to aim with pistols which makes it more challanging, and not to mention that those peashooters like .22's would only piss off a deer..." not to mention some of us just have fun shooting .50AE's on AR-15's and save a little more than those .50BMG's... (hey I saw an article on rolling stone on the .50BMG's they are DEFINATLY anti because they say how it goes thru a block of alumnium and stuff... I had an arguments with one of my anti-gun friends about this and I say to him "you know in order to snipe someone from a distance with a 40-60 pound gun is VERY hard, takes a very skilled person and not many people are that skilled... not to mention that .50's arent designed for people... they're for vehicles." and I bet a 7.62x54mm can probably do pretty much the same (as in going through a bullet "proof" armor) and they're much more effective in sniping...) but oh well they (governments) probably is going to start wanting to ban .308's then work the way down to .223 then all we have is .22LR's and even that would probably get banned too. Then muzzleloaders gets  banned because its "for the children" then bows/arrows then maybe we should ban people so no one would be there to die!
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Jarhead_Double-Deuce,  Yeah the Dallas Morning Snooze is assuredly anti-gun.  Wasn't always that way tho'.  About two years ago, in an "affirmative" move to add "diversity" DMN added twelve, count 'em 12, new vice-presidents.  Not one of them happened to be male anglo-saxon.  You can guess what happened.  Now there is a pro-homosexual cover story on the Metropolitan section at least once a week, shooting sports have disappeared (except for the occasional Ray Sasser column) and every pertinent editorial including the cartoon is pointedly anti-RKBA.  The DMN even stoops so low as to buy the Austin paper's EXTREMELY LIBERALeditorial cartoon when Ray DeOre can't come up with an adequately left-wing screed.

The lovely bride and a group of local women shooters are working to change some of this.  About 50 women shooters here call themselves the DIVAS.  Housewives, doctors, attorneys, sales and just about every occupation you can imagine.  They shoot, party, travel to competitions and charity shoots as a group and are starting to get a measure of publicity.  The bride is coordinating a DIVA trip to the YO Ranch in September for a shooting weekend.  The bus can take 30 ladies and they are already sold-out.  We learned yesterday there will be a TV crew going along.  (Yeah they are media savvy and photogenic.)  The DIVAS add some feminine-friendly style, and I do mean STYLE, and local media is beginning to notice.

Anyway we're trying to influence the local Belo outlets from a woman's perspective.  Good shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top