Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/6/2005 9:05:42 AM EDT
I just got a new digital camera, so I thought I would post some new pics of my 6 month old Labrador pup named Buddy. Hes already 70 pounds. Anyone know how much more dogs grow after 6 months? Post pics of your dogs as well if you would like.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty Puppy!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Pretty Puppy!

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice Lab, he is probably as big as he will get, just gets heavier with age, they are great dogs. I am on my 1st. lab, a chocolate, she is short, and 75 lbs.3yrs. old now. I have had dogs for the last 30 yrs. and labs are the best!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Now that is a great looking dog!

He'll be humble forever, never knowing exactly how handsome he is.

Lab's could be, pound for pound, the greatest dog ever. If Buddy ever wants to visit Florida, I'd be happy to take him fishing down here!

Oh yeah, you can come too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#5]
beautiful dog!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now that is a great looking dog!

He'll be humble forever, never knowing exactly how handsome he is.

Lab's could be, pound for pound, the greatest dog ever. If Buddy ever wants to visit Florida, I'd be happy to take him fishing down here!

Oh yeah, you can come too.

Ha! Thanks for the offer, Im sure he would love that. He would'nt like the heat though. I swear this dog loves the cold. It is currently like 15 degrees here and all he wants to do is go outside!

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice Lab, he is probably as big as he will get, just gets heavier with age, they are great dogs. I am on my 1st. lab, a chocolate, she is short, and 75 lbs.3yrs. old now. I have had dogs for the last 30 yrs. and labs are the best!

Yeah, I don't think he will get any taller, just thicker. Do you remember how much your chocolate weighed at 6 months? Just trying to get a guage on his potential weight. One of his littermates is already 80 pounds.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#8]
LABS RULE! Beautiful pup ya got there.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
LABS RULE! Beautiful pup ya got there.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/shield13/riflekitchen.jpg

Thanks, yours is very handsome as well. They are great dogs. He is my first dog and he has been awesome. Very ornery, but that is to be expected.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#10]

I miss ya buddy.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just got a new digital camera, so I thought I would post some new pics of my 6 month old Labrador pup named Buddy. Hes already 70 pounds. Anyone know how much more dogs grow after 6 months? ...................................

"All your couch are belong to Buddy!"

My bro and I used to ride out to the farm in the back seat of the "dog wagon" with Prince, our Lab. He would start to slump, then sprawl and finally stretch out. It was such a PITA we would give up and sit on the floor. Fortunately, it wasn't that far and we never took him on vacation!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]
If he weighs 70 lbs at 6 months, in one year he will weigh 140 lbs.

Given that the average life span of the North American Labrador Retriever is 12.6 years, your dog will weigh 229.376 tons at the moment he crosses over the rainbow bridge.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#14]
They love the outdoors!

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#15]
This is Jackson...currently 8 weeks and 7 lbs.  He was the runt of the litter.  

His brother (the chocolate) is now 10lbs.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Great looking pups.  I remember when my lab was that size.  Buddy still has some growing to do, if nothing else his body needs to grow into that head.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Here we all are together. You can't keep a lab out of the water!

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Great looking pups.  I remember when my lab was that size.  Buddy still has some growing to do, if nothing else his body needs to grow into that head.  

And the body into the paws
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If he weighs 70 lbs at 6 months, in one year he will weigh 140 lbs.

Given that the average life span of the North American Labrador Retriever is 12.6 years, your dog will weigh 229.376 tons at the moment he crosses over the rainbow bridge.

Dude, youre scarin the crap outta me. His mom and dad were only about 80 pounds, so I was told he won't get much bigger than that. He is from English bloodlines, and some of those dogs do get pretty big although most average from 65-80 pounds.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#21]
man my yellow lab is 53pounds at a year old
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#22]
70 lbs at 6 months means he will probably end up at 110-130 lbs. He will grow taller and longer still. My chocolate was 75 lbs at 6 months. We switched him to adult dog food to try to keep him from getting too big. He ended up the size of a small horse. His dad was only 85lbs and mom was about 65lbs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Tagged
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#24]
looking at him at 6 month my best guess would be 80 to 100lb.
2 years is about right for the end of the growth cycle after that its packing on pounds not growing.

Labs always remind me of the scarecrow in the wizard of Oz. Great guy but always looking for a brain.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#25]
nice dogs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
looking at him at 6 month my best guess would be 80 to 100lb.
2 years is about right for the end of the growth cycle after that its packing on pounds not growing.

Labs always remind me of the scarecrow in the wizard of Oz. Great guy but always looking for a brain.

Cool, I hope he does'nt get much bigger than 80 pounds or so but oh well.

Some people say that Labs are dumb, but this guy is smarter than some humans I have met. He knew all of his basic commands by 2.5 months old. His dad and grandpa are both master hunters, so thats probably where the brains come from.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Remeber they will grow and take over!

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Heh, by the looks of his mellon, he's gonna be a big boy. I bet a buck twenty.

Good looking doggie.

I'm getting my lab this spring.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#29]
here is our baby, she turned 2 on October 9th, she's the greatest!

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Labs are the best dog breed hands down. They are ALWAYS loyal, friendly, hard working, playful and even tone themselves down around small children. They are obedient after their 1 year probationary period is over, at least ours were, had to buy 2 pairs of boots in 6 months. If you can make the first year you are set for their life or your's. Not to mention extremely intelligent.

Nothing like seeing a dog repeatedly jump into 30 degree water to get a dead bird for it's owner and love every minute of it. If you fish bring them with you, every lab I've had and been around love being in a boat and on the water, though they eventually end up in the water. Keep a life jacket on them I had to fish mine out of the water at the Sabine Jetties after he decided to take a swim. My mom has a black lab that has BRD worse than me. She will practically knock the door down to get outside with me if I'm shooting at their house.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's the kids...my fat beagle "Otis" and my 10 week old lab "Dudley"...he's going to be a brute!!!

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#32]
My lab he is about 100 lbs right now and went about 60lbs at 6 months (not even 2 yet).
His mom was a little one at 45 lbs but pop went around 80 so they can get much bigger than their parents. He has been duck hunting with me for two seasons now and got to go pheasant hunting for the first time last weekend. It took him all of one bird to figure out what he was supposed to do. So anyone who says all labs are needing some brains have another think coming.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Last one isn't my dog but belongs to a fellow member here

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#34]
That is one seriously studly lab.  I had a black lab biyatch.  She got up to ~100 lbs, barrel chested.  Had to put her down when she was 12- had a tumor.  Very hard to do.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#35]
My buddies white lab is a machine in the water( I know its the breed).
It was jumping out of the water straight onto the smaller docks at times.

It's funny to be at a camp ground or whatever and watch the other breeds of dogs try to keep up with this lab in the water.
Literally, it  would run circles around other dogs in the water, great to watch.

VERY hyper dogs though. I'd end up kicking it or something.
Most seem to take professional training if you slack off at all in their training early on.

As much as I want one, I don't know if I could keep a dog like that happy .

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#36]
My Lab-Weim (I think) mix.  Like a Lab only a little bit more clingy and hyper.  A much better running partner than a Lab too.  Lab coloring, but Weim length/thickness hair and a build that combines Lab muscularity with Weim wiriness.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Please ignore the sleeping bag caption, it was for TJ's give away that we didn't win!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Most seem to take professional training if you slack off at all in their training early on.

Ok for starters labs traditionally are very laid back dogs (until it is time to go hunting). Mine loves to lay around the house like a big vegetable until I pick up a shotgun, then he is bouncing off the walls wanting to go.

I trained mine by myself from when I got him at 5 months old.
When I got him he did not know a single command, at 8 months the former owners could not beleive their eyes watching him do all the stuff I taught him. BTW this is the first dog I ever seriusly trained.

Labs are very easy to train if you spend the time working with them and figuring out what works for them (just like most dogs).
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#39]
That is ONE BEAUTIFUL BLACK LAB!!!!

HH
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Wish this was mine.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok for starters labs traditionally are very laid back dogs (until it is time to go hunting). Mine loves to lay around the house like a big vegetable until I pick up a shotgun, then he is bouncing off the walls wanting to go.

I trained mine by myself from when I got him at 5 months old.
When I got him he did not know a single command, at 8 months the former owners could not beleive their eyes watching him do all the stuff I taught him. BTW this is the first dog I ever seriusly trained.

Labs are very easy to train if you spend the time working with them and figuring out what works for them (just like most dogs).

Buddy is very laid back too. If  I am not playing with him, he just sits and chews on his toys. There is a difference between conformation (English) bred Labs and Field (American) bred labs. The conformation bred lab tends to meet the breed standard of a short, powerful, stocky dog with an otter tail and a dual coat. These dogs are still perfectly functional field dogs, just not as fast as their field bred brothers. The field bred dogs tend to be tall, lanky and have more snipey (slim and pointy) heads as opposed to the blocky heads of the English labs. The conformation bred labs tend to be not as high strung as the field bred type. All are great dogs. Buddy is a conformation bred lab, but he comes from very field capable lines. His grandpa and his father are Master Hunters. Thanks for all of the compliments everyone, it is appreciated. Ill be sure to pass it on to Buddy.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Remeber they will grow and take over!

img206.imageshack.us/img206/2015/leelooandsqueektoy6ao.jpg
img231.imageshack.us/img231/3200/seat9xq.jpg

Oh man, I already understand. Buddy will hop up on the couch when Im not looking and lay there and look like hes been there for hours. When he looks at you with those big brown eyes, its tough to get him off the furniture.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
This is Jackson...currently 8 weeks and 7 lbs.  He was the runt of the litter.  

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/Puppies041.jpg

His brother (the chocolate) is now 10lbs.  

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/DVR9/Puppies039.jpg

Wow, those little guys are awesome. Bet you got your hands full! Man they really are tiny, but they will probably be little tanks like Buddy before long. Buddy was 16 pounds at 8 weeks, but there were a couple in his litter that were around 10-13 pounds at the same age. They are currently about 55-60 pounds as we all keep in touch.

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Here we all are together. You can't keep a lab out of the water!

www.digitallives.com/efxguy/in%20the%20surf.jpg

You definitely can't! Great looking dogs. If I remember correctly, the yellow Labs name is Buckaroo and you had a thread a little while back about some health problems he was having. I believe he was getting better the last time I had seen that thread. How is he doing now?

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#45]
My lab before I had to have him put down.

My roomie's dog...Justice

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#46]
I want to post pics of my new best buddy but I don't know how. I know I have to have the pics hosted somewhere and then post them somehow. Can someone give me a little quidance?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I want to post pics of my new best buddy but I don't know how. I know I have to have the pics hosted somewhere and then post them somehow. Can someone give me a little quidance?

www.photobucket.com
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#48]

8 weeks old.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/dalereed/DSC01981.jpg

8 weeks old.

Look at those paws, hes gonna be a little horse. How much does he weigh?

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Sig,
the dog in your second pic, is it Greywolf's by any chance, it looks familliar.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top