Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2001 9:03:09 PM EDT
Hey, I just went to Buffalo Range in IL, and from what I hear, they are opening up totally again.  YES!  I had SOO much fun there, got to shoot a ton of stuff, M1A, AR15, baby eagle, Kimber .45, Remington 870 amonst a few other things, and the guns me and my dad brought.

What I want to know is...were any of you board members there?  I brought my airsoft guns there, and EVERYONE thought they were real.

3 guys asked me "what the fuck kind of conversion did you do to that M4?"  And a few jaws dropped when I pulled out my MP5SD5, and suppressed MK23.  Also, the Infinity 5, G18C, and USP tactical.

I met a few people there and got to shoot some really interesting things, and cant wait to go back.

It was a TON of fun.

If any of you guys want to arrange a date and time to go down to buffalo range, I heard they are open full time again, which is every day except tuesday, according to the R.O., but we would have to call to confirm.

I would love for you board guys to check out some airsoft stuff, everyone there thought they were real, until I pulled the trigger.

Though one guy laughed when I pulled it out and the charging handle fell out...but he didnt laugh much when I pulled the trigger :-)
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh I will be there :-)

How do you guys ID yourselves as AR15.com shooters?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I sure hope more IL guys respond than just one...
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Check the Events board for the time of the Buffalo Range shoot, that is where it will be posted.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The Event is the 2ND annual one, last's year was a good time for all.  Labor day weekend, cause it makes it easier for all to get there, plus no work monday.  
It is always held at the "pit" in the back.
Usally we just take over the back part of the pit area.  
c-rock
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:15:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Just some info on "The Rock"....

They were never REALLY closed.  In brief, the EPA had some non-range-related cleanup issues on land that is beyond the berms.  The EPA wanted to close the range INDEFINATELY while they got around to cleaning up whatever terrible threat to mankind was on the land.  The owners of the range took them to court and won, claiming a severe impact to their livelihood.  The judge said that the EPA had to give them 4 weeks notice before closure and had until September (I believe) to get the job done.  Tehy have been open all summer really, just on about 3-4 weeks notice at a time.  It really hurt them though.  I was there last week and literally had the whole place to myself.  Good for me....sucks for them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top