Goto "Bookmarks"
select "Manage bookmarks"
Select file / export...you will figure out the rest
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
this was on here a few months ago im so glad some one said something then because i had no idea.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a related question. I backed up my entire laptop including firefox.

I managed to screw up my bookmarks in Firefox on my laptop. I tried copying all of the files in Documents and Settings -> Local Users ->etc. etc. back over to my laptop, but that didn't seem to update the bookmarks.

Any idea where bookmarks are stored when using Firefox since I didn't export them first?

Thanks

Ed
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I managed to screw up my bookmarks in Firefox on my laptop. I tried copying all of the files in Documents and Settings -> Local Users ->etc. etc. back over to my laptop, but that didn't seem to update the bookmarks.

Any idea where bookmarks are stored when using Firefox since I didn't export them first?

Thanks

Ed

Usually in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<Profile Name>

The file is called bookmarks.html… a HTML file that you can copy anywhere, use to update Firefox instillation on any computer by draging and dropping the file in the profile you want to update, and is editable.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

Ed

Usually in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<Profile Name>

The file is called bookmarks.html… a HTML file that you can copy anywhere, use to update Firefox instillation on any computer by draging and dropping the file in the profile you want to update, and is editable.

AH...thanks. I found it. I dove down into Documents and Settings\Local User\Application Data...
instead.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
It's amazing what you can learn by pressing 'F1'...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top