Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2001 5:51:33 PM EDT
I am ready to buy a L1A1, on an Imbel receiver, but can't seem to find one.

J&G Sales (Prescott, AZ) has them, but will not ship to MA, No one knows why???

FAC aka Federal Arms Corp, has L1A1 on a [b]US made receiver[/b], but they don't know if it is an Imbel???

Wholesale Guns & Ammo has them, but I read on one of these forums to watch out for these guys.

Who has these rifles for about $450?  My local shop is ready to send out his FFL to any place that has one of these for me.  

Thanx

OSA
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The FAC L1A1's are made on a Hesse receiver. One word on Hesse, ROUGH.
Go to www.fnfal.com for information.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
i have had good dealings with wholesale guns and ammo.

there are plenty of century l1a1 sporters (t-hole stock, all imported components other than the fugly stock) out there for sale...and ripe for a pistol grip and usa parts. mostly, these early imports had crisp bores...and some had worn gas pistons/tubes (but that's an easy fix).

sadly, in the sub 5 bones range, the stg-58 is everywhere. some have good bores, most that i've seen show significant wear.

if the fed arms is on a hesse receiver, steer clear. some fal-smiths won't touch a hesse rec. unless a flame wrench is in their hands.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Wholesale G-N-A are ok to deal with, they just have cocky attitudes. I think those are going for $430 from them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanx all

I will order form Wholesale G N A tomorrow.

OSA
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
If you get that one cool but if not just go to WWW.SHOTGUNNEWS.COM
Try the wish list it worked for me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The Wholesale G N A add in Shotgun news is a miss-print.  The rifles they have are on the Century Arms (CIA) receiver.  I also found out that Federal Arms Corp (FAC) rifles are also on the CIA receiver.  

I took a trip into the city and found a rifle with the Imbel receiver like I wanted.  I paid a couple hundred dollars more than Wholesale G N A or FAC had advertised, but I got to inspect the rifle first hand.  I figured that wholesale on the rifle was $430/450, I would have to pay the FFL holder 10% of the $430 for the transfer fee, and then $10 shipping.  Then if there was a problem, I would have to pay to ship it back.  I may of paid a little more, but I got to see what I was buying, and if it doesn't work, the dealer will have to pay to make it right.  

The dealer I bought it from is a nice down to earth guy.  I visit his shop about 10 times a year, and he always seems to remember me.  This is the second gun I bought from him.  

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top