Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2001 11:12:33 AM EDT
OK, what is up with this state...

First we have companies that won't send shipments to our state...(ammo, etc.)
Second I heard that their are no gun shows booked anywhere and they don't know when they will get going again...
Then there is this whole "confiscation issue"...

What next...what else has anyone else heard and what are you doing about it???  Is there anything we can do???
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What is up, is that the 1.5 million FOID holders dont stand up to Chicago.  People don't vote, or wirte their reps. Or don't even join the ISRA, or NRA.  
I do what I can, get people to get FOIDs, and go shooting.   It doesn't matter what the group is doing, its what you can do.
c-rock
www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I've done what I can. Even my congressman, Phil Crane, is pro-2nd Amendment (unlike most around here).

No gun shows? I heard that they're still fighting with Lake County but other shows were still being held. Dupage County in Wheaton ran as scheduled this Winter/Spring. Have you heard that all the others were cancelled for this Fall?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I am from IL. Everything sucks except DuPage (Maybe Lake) county and Chambana, and whereever Bill Black is from.

Link Posted: 7/31/2001 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
THEMAO IS FROM ILLINOIS!!!!!!!!!!! [chainsawkill]

themao lives in Madison County, and it's full of dipshit liberal trash that love and worship the state. That is why IL is doomed to become a California. We have too many brainwashed Democrats and state worshiping neocons in this state. It's not just because of Chicago. People in this state, the majority at least, do not care about their individual freedoms nor do they have the genetics to recognize that gun control is a sham.

I don't know about no gun shows, cause in St. Clair County, in Belleville, they still have them. Also, since when was there a semi-auto ban bill in IL? I just found out about the ammo thing, and I'm pissed. I can't buy Black Hills ammo from out of state where it is a hell of a lot cheaper, etc. Hopefully, I'll become a resident of whatever state I reside in when I go to med school, maybe Tenn (Vanderbilt) or Texas (Baylor).

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard the lake county show is back on for sept.
They are sueing the city, for lots of cash.
c-rock
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm originally from Illinois.  I don't have the heart to tell my family that I probably won't ever move back because of the way the legal system is being dictated by Chicago communists.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]
"Down-state" needs to secede from "Chicago-Land" [%|]

but, it will never happen,not here... I am frantically looking for a job somewhere else....
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#8]
What's going on with ammo orders? Last time I ordered stuff, there wasn't a problem.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Chicago
[puke]

ISRA
[sleep]

[url]http://www.gunssavelife.com/[/url]
[bounce]

[url]http://www.concealcarry.org/[/url]
[flag]

By the way, I can get all the ammo I want because I don't live in the commie part of Illinois. They will ship to the free zone.

Move down south of Kankakee
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Wadman:

I found out from Ammo Depot in Godfrey, IL (part of Madison County) that it is a felony for dealers to ship ammo via mail to their customers and vice versa.

Oslow:

How can I order ammo in Madison County without getting shot?

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in Lake County Illinois.

Yeah, this State Sucks Big Time. It's a Globalist New World Order State right in the same League as New York and Kalifornia and things as far as the 2nd Amendment goes, ain't gonna get any better until the US Supreme Court hands down a Pro 2nd Amendment Decision, such as if it gets to hear any Appeals on the Emerson Case....CCRKBA says the upcoming decision on Emerson looks like it'll be in our favor & if so it'll be heading for the US Supreme Court for sure.

Mayor Daley and those Irish Gangsters who run Chicago ain't gonna lay offa the 2nd until the Supremes tell them to take their Anti-Firearms Extremism and go jump in Lake Michigan.

The Right To Keep and Bear Arms will have to be S-p-e-l-l-e-d O-u-t to the Chicago Gangsters before they understand they can't Legally Mess with the 2nd anymore...That & a few Law Suits against them.

Now what's all this about a ban on semi-auto Ammo?

Who are you guys buying your ammo from?

Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks to all for the feedback...not really getting anywhere though...there has got to be something better than talk'in...

Oslow...i live just north of kankakee...still cool here as well for right now...where do you end up plinking at???

Bowser...not sure I said anything about a ban on ammo but I have heard that blackhills and sportsman will not ship to IL...is this true anyone...
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Illinois blows ass....

On another note: any good outdoor ranges in Norther Illinois/Southern WI? I live in McHenry County just off the Wisconson border and usually goto Bristol (all of about 20min away).

Any other ranges out there? I'm sick of the "one round at a time" rule and no silhouette targets.

Phil

Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Oslow:
How can I order ammo in Madison County without getting shot?
View Quote

Did you ever actually order ammo?
[url]http://www.ammoman.com/[/url]

I don't know how to keep you from getting shot. Have it delivered to someone that lives in a safe place?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Oslow...i live just north of kankakee...still cool here as well for right now...where do you end up plinking at???
View Quote

I live in the country. I shoot outside.

Everyone ships ammo to Illinois as far as I know.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Rant Mode On:

The Northeast part of Illinois sucks as far as being a gun owner is concerned.
 If you want to get to any outdoor rifle range or any gunshop that doesn't rip you off in prices then you have to travel 2 hours south in IL, 2 hours west or 2 hours north into Wisconsin.

Chicago is a major liberal democratic city. I know a lot of people from Chicago and even though they aren't exactly anti-gun, they do support handgun registration for Chicago residents. The reason: the large amount of illegal guns used by gangs. Sh*t, these Chicagoans accept the fact that they have to pay for a parking permit to park in front of their own house!
That is what you get for being a liberal. The fear of having a bunch of gangbangers rule your life by accepting the democratic government's way of taking away EVERYONE'S freedom because that is that party's view of dealing with a problem. They want to be fed, cared for, housed, and have their assed wiped like a baby.
Probably why half the freaking city of Chicago is on welfare that you and I pay for.

Rant Mode Off

Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not, but my wife is from the burbs of Chi Town. And she knows that I will not move up to the PRI, because of the gun laws, and the lack of a CCW law.  
My mother- and father- in law live in Oak Lawn, and have a friend the lived in the same building as an elderly woman who was raped and murdered. Their friend even saw the guy in the building. It brought it close to home. I was looking for a shotgun for him, but he still hasen't gotten his FOID card.
But how can a state that has so many good gun manufacturer's be so anti-gun??  
Also, does anyone have a link to the article tht says that the Daly administration has the records of all gun owners from the federal government?? If so, please post it. If he does, I might have to file a lawsuit against him. That would be cool.. All non-residents of Ill filling a lawsuit for illegal use of private information. I wonder if it would work??
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Avalon01,

Racine County Line Rifle Club, managed by Jim Owens, is about 30 mins. north of you. It's membership only but does have ranges up to 600 yards. Jim's website is:

[url]www.jarheadtop.com[/url]

So how many people live within easy driving distance of Buffalo Rock?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Avalon01,

Racine County Line Rifle Club, managed by Jim Owens, is about 30 mins. north of you. It's membership only but does have ranges up to 600 yards. Jim's website is:

[url]www.jarheadtop.com[/url]

So how many people live within easy driving distance of Buffalo Rock?
View Quote

About 2 hours from Buffalo Rock. 1.5 hours the way I avoid the speed limit. [:D]
BTW is anyone going to be up at Buffalo Rock on Sunday, Aug 5? I think they will be open.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Illinois blows ass....

On another note: any good outdoor ranges in Norther Illinois/Southern WI? I live in McHenry County just off the Wisconson border and usually goto Bristol (all of about 20min away).

Any other ranges out there? I'm sick of the "one round at a time" rule and no silhouette targets.

Phil

View Quote

Are you saying that Bristol has the "one round at a time" rule and no silhouette targets? Or some other range you go to? Because I was thinking of trying that range out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Illinois blows ass....

Phil

View Quote

Bristol does not allow silhoutte? I did not know that.  Still, having a 200 yrd range close to you is not bad.  
There is Devlan, also Bass Pro in Gurnee.  
The ISRA is really the only game in town that does any type of lobbying in Springfield.  Conceal Carry does go to the city to be in front of the Anti's faces.  
Also the ISRA is working on building more ranges near Chicago, and also has the ISRAgrassroots going on too.  
If you belong to some organization, great, and it keeps you informed.  If you are not, quit being a cheap bastard, or be quiet for when the Anti's take over your home state, and make you into a crimial.

I heard from someone that the "pit" is back open for good. The work is done behind it.  
Also, there is Sugar Grove in Aurora, and also they are opening a indoor range over there too.

Guys, its almost labor day,  Time for the Illinois/Chicagoland AR15.com  labor day weekend shoot down at the pit.

C-rock
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Since August is the Start of the End of Summer, and about 1 month away from Labor Day, its time to prepare for the 2nd annual labor day shoot. Since Sunday works best for most, and no work Monday, it will be held on Sept 2nd, 2001. The place as always, the "Pit". I will start a post on AR15.com, for us to start the planning of the event. Figure a BBQ at Noon.
Just a heads up to all, please let others know.
We had around 40 of us last year, figure this year we can break 100.
See you all at the Pit,
C-rock
www.illinois-shooter.org

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=41232

Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Are you saying that Bristol has the "one round at a time" rule and no silhouette targets? Or some other range you go to? Because I was thinking of trying that range out.
View Quote

Yep. Bristol only allows one round at a time in all centerfire rifles. 5 rounds for handgun, and 5 rounds for rimfire rifles. No silhouette targets.

It's a nice range, the RO's are friendly, but one round at a time? I don't shoot very fast, and I would be happy with slowfire. Kinda lame to have 20 round mags when you have to drop each round into the AR by hand.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#26]

I live in the country. I shoot outside.

Everyone ships ammo to Illinois as far as I know. [/quote]

Not Sportsmen guide. I live in McLean county in Bloomington IL,It's nice down here and I like it a lot more then upper state IL. You can go to a store like just say Wal-mart buy 100 rd of ammo and you don't get a weird look's from people.

They also don't give you weird looks when your going to the gun range and you have that 4 to 5 foot case with you.

This town is cool I like it here and you see a lot of people with gun hats shirts and other hunting stuff. But I hate IL and I want to go down south.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 3:50:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not Sportsmen guide.
View Quote

Really? You mean you can't buy those battle packs of SA 5.56mm? You actually ordered some and they wouldn't ship it? Dang, that sucks!

[;)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not Sportsmen guide.
View Quote

Really? You mean you can't buy those battle packs of SA 5.56mm? You actually ordered some and they wouldn't ship it? Dang, that sucks!

[;)]
View Quote

They gave me some B.S about how they would not ship to IL because they are trying to protect there investors(It was mostly about because IL is an anti-gun state.) and they will not even take you F.O.I.D card or anything. So I told them that they where not going to get my business any more just because they did not like that Il is an anti-gun state.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#29]

They gave me some B.S about how they would not ship to IL because they are trying to protect there investors(It was mostly about because IL is an anti-gun state.
View Quote

? [:O] That line is news to me!

Can they do that?
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm originally from IL, near the Quad Cities.  Unfortunately, I'm currently living in the PRK, so even IL looks good from here.  I'm hoping to move back in the next few years to be near family again.

The best thing to do is contact your elected represtatives, and let them know how you feel, and that you are not alone.  I've been doing that here in the PRK with some success at the state level.

Keep up the fight!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Speaking from Occupied Territory--I live in Chicago.  Need to to be close to School for now.  However, I will be looking for a residency outside the state (definitely in a pro-firearm area, and also yes-MG state).  I have to store all my guns outside the city limits (actually outside Cook Co.).  In Chicago you cannot register new handguns, and any rifle that can hold over 10rds. of ammo is Verboten also.  So, rather than registering the few guns I have that I could register, I store them all outside the area.  

As to ammo--what REALLY sucks is that I tried to order 2700 rounds of SA battlepack ammo to be sent to my Brother in Alabama (he has my full auto FNC, and wanted a little ammo to shoot in it).  Sportsmen's Guide wouldn't ship the ammo to Alabama because my CC billing address is IL.  I refused to do business with them again.

I also need a place Northwest of the city (my guns are near the Wisconsin border) to shoot, preferably somewhere I can shoot for fun (rapid fire) and also long range (500yds) to try out my .50's at a distance.

I intend to TRY to make it to the shoot Labor day, but won't know my work schedule until later this week.  Ottawa is about an hour and a half drive from where I live, another 45 minutes from where the guns are stored.

AFARR
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes living in Illinois sucks the big one. Though not quite as bad as CA or NY, it's headed in the same direction. The UN-Sportsmans guide is the only place that I know of that won't ship ammo to Ill. So I don't buy anything from them anymore either.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#33]
The new Shooter's catalog from SG says they won't ship ammo to ILL; BUT I have had no trouble getting it(battlepacks). Could it be a misprint or something.
Randy
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#34]
As of late last year the people at Cabela's became a little less friendly to IL residents with regard to ammo purchases.  A copy of your FOID is now required first.  Never needed it before.  Wonder who squealed on us? [:(!]  
Plenty of other ammo options from out of state stores and catalogs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:15:32 AM EDT
[#35]
First off Cabela's is just trying to cover the own ass. I don't mind sending my F.O.I.D to any company that asks for it.

There just making sure that they have illegal proof that you by IL state law can own ammo. You don't get pissed of when your askedd for ID when you buy beer or tobacco so why should you be when a company is trying to protect them self's from being law suite.

Anyway Oslow told me that he got his battle pack from SG just the other day. But I to have had the problem with SG and them sending me a letter telling me why they will not send to IL.

It's no miss print in there catalog just write them and aske them why they will not send ammo to IL then they will give you the same B.S that they gave me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#36]
The FOID card is a worthless dinosaur that has outlived its usefulness (as if it ever had any).  It is still needed to purchase guns and ammo at an IL dealer.  Why buy ammo anywhere that requires you show this ID, when you can have it delivered cheaper at your doorstep by a business that doesn't require you to produce it?

Again, yes you still have to show it to purchase a firearm from a dealer, BUT, since all dealer sold firearms go throught the background check anyway, what is its purpose?

The only good thing about the FOID card is that if you and I do a private sale, I at least know your background was checked WHEN YOU APPLIED FOR THE CARD and can have some confidence that you aren't a convicted felon.

The shooting at the Navistar plant showed the worthlessness of this ID, although it is my understanding that in the last legislative session some changes were made.

Anybody have any reason that this FOID card should still be in existence?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Speaking from Occupied Territory--I live in Chicago.  Need to to be close to School for now.  However, I will be looking for a residency outside the state (definitely in a pro-firearm area, and also yes-MG state).  AFARR
View Quote

TEXAS [:D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#38]
This is the B.S that the Sportsmen guide sent me on why they will not send ammo to IL.

Hello,

We have placed certain restrictions, on certain items listed in our catalog and our web site.  Due to the various state, county and municipal laws that exist, we are not always able to comply with each individual guideline.  

Not all of the restrictions are based on laws on the books, but could be a company decision based on certain concerns.  Things such as whether the state law suits pending involving gun owners, recent court decisions that may effect businesses like ours.  Finally it may be that the states laws are so vague that they could be interpreted unfavorably in the event a court action was ever involved, and finally as a public held company, we are obligation to safeguard our stockholder's investments.  We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is the B.S that the Sportsmen guide sent me on why they will not send ammo to IL.

Hello,

We have placed certain restrictions, on certain items listed in our catalog and our web site.  Due to the various state, county and municipal laws that exist, we are not always able to comply with each individual guideline.  

Not all of the restrictions are based on laws on the books, but could be a company decision based on certain concerns.  Things such as whether the state law suits pending involving gun owners, recent court decisions that may effect businesses like ours.  Finally it may be that the states laws are so vague that they could be interpreted unfavorably in the event a court action was ever involved, and finally as a public held company, we are obligation to safeguard our stockholder's investments.  We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

View Quote

Screw 'em.  If you want S.A. battlepacks buy them from Aim Surplus  [url]www.aimsurplus.com[/url]  Good prices and shipping charges.
A couple of us at work have gone in on some orders.  (I work with a few fellow gun nuts)  [:D]
Tennessee guns carries them too [url]www.tennesseeguns.com[/url] though I haven't bought from them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#40]
I've spent my entire life around Northwestern Illinois and Southwestern Wisconsin and have many friends who are hunters and gun owners in that part of Illinois.  All I ever heard from them was how bad Chicago is compared to the rest of the state and how all the gun laws have been rammed down their throats.  Unfortunately, only one of the many has ever joined a pro-gun group (NRA, etc.) and very few vote in the elections.  No amount of pleading on my part has ever spurred anyone into action.  Isn't it sad that the majority of gun owners in this country won't lift a finger to fight for their rights?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I remember when the Sportsmans Guide was a puny lil catalog with cheap nameless crap from cover-to-cover(not many pages though). Now they send their crappy catalogs every two weeks and they are"publicly traded" company. Yeah, go elsewhere to get the battlepacks, and leave them to slither back into the swamp, whence they came, along with all their 31 excuses or 'restrictions' for not shipping this crap to that place and that crap to this place.

Rant--OFF

Randy
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#42]
The Sportsmans Guide sucks bigtime. Way overpriced. There areway too many ammo dealers in the Shotgun News that will ship to Illinois. Just remember no AP or Penetrator rounds. Felony.

Go to the Shotgun news  website or get ahold of a recent copy and shop around for the best price. Remember with all surplus ammo adds, if it doesn't say noncorrosive it probably is.

Also if you reload, if it doesnt say Boxer primed it is very probably Berdan and cannot be reloaded easily.

There may be some problems with shipping ammo to Cook County. Not sure about that one. I wouldn't live there if they paid me.

BTW, assualt rifles=felony in Cook County.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, CRAP! Is there no end to the STUPIDITY?

Is there no end to the people, the so called businesses that will bend over and say "STICK IT TO ME?"

I guess the answer to that question is: NO!

I don't understand it but at least I've still got a tight a**hole.
[:(!]
*%#$ &@*^ *&#^$#(*@&#$

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#44]
All you Illinois guys better get registered to vote in the next election for Governor. Or forever keep your mouth shut.
[moon]
And get ready to move or sell your guns cheap.
[pissed]
The Commies in Cook county are most likely going to  run a real idiot named 'Rod Blagoyavich, or something like that and he really hates guns.
[puke]
Probably the least of all evils may be Glen Poshard if he runs again. It seems like everyone else, and I do mean everyone else, are anti firearms.
[chainsaw]
Read bash the gun owners to get elected governor in Illinois. Politics as usual.[dracula]

Poshard almost won the last election and his campaign fund is broke. Rod B. has three million dollars or so. Looks like a uphill battle but then again Bush is in Washington, not Dallas so never say never. [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top