Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2001 8:59:20 AM EDT
which flash hider is best on an 11.5 inch, a-2 bird cage,vortex, or phantom. I like the phantom but does it work ?????????????
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#1]
can anybody help??????????????
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#4]
The Vortex is the best there is. The down side is the tines are subject to getting bent or broken off. The Phantom is not quite as good at flash suppressing, but much less likely to get damaged. (It also does not look quite as Cool) The A2f/s is well behind in flash suppressing. It is cheaper, hard to break, and adjustable for rise.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Lets talk about cook factor.  I feel the Vortex looks better.  What do you guys think?  I hear stories on the board hear about damaged ones and others say they have 8000 rounds and its fine.  I would go with BEST flash suppression and worry about breakage when, and if, it happens.  That is what Kurt is in business for.  Ralph
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Vortex on my M4. It is over 5 years old. It has been ridden around in my trunk, front seat, and spent lots of time on the range. I have had no problem with it. I do not abuse my rifle, likewise I do not overly baby it. I think the Vortex looks much better, 'cooler' than the Phantom. As long as you take reasonable care, it should be no problem.
BTW-I use this rifle when teaching the departments tactical carbine/urban rifle course, so it gets a lot of range time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top