Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2001 9:46:22 PM EDT
Hi everyone need some help, I am looking for a good scope for my new stg58 any help would be great
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an AZEX that I’ve mounted an ATN 5X33LU on with the DSA mount and ARMS medium #22 rings.   I’m please with the scope for the money.  Donnie at Sable has them for less than $200 (I hear, I bought mine used).    The rings and mount are first rate.   Last I saw, DSA had the mount on sale.    I wanted to have quick release and return to zero, to allow use of the iron sights, and the ARMS rings gave me that.   A friend has a Leupold 4X with their QD rings that he likes on the DSA mount.   I don’t think he has ever tried to see if it would return to zero after remounting, though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
No amount of scope is gonna help you hit the broad side of the barn![:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Hay gunmokey did ya ever get a real gun or ya still using that tec 9 with the jb welded sight on it?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanx for your help maddock that sounds about like what I need for my set up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The ELCAN with a 7.62 base is a super scope. MilSpec, tough as nails (the latest models) and a good, fast reticle setup. On a DSA scope cover.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#6]
DSA scope mount is indeed on sale now while they last. Just ordered one this morning and think I saved about thirty bucks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
My imaginary friend (I personally don't own any firearms. Guns are bad bad bad) has an Elcan mounted on his STG, and he thinks it is just plain nifty.  His other one has a Beeman SS2 airgun scope, which is a nice compact scope for around $250.  He thinks that an ACOG TA01B would be the ideal scope for that particular rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top