Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2001 5:15:57 PM EDT
I went to North Idaho (Hayden) for my uncles funeral I just got back late last night. Anyways stopped by the Black Sheep in Hayden I found 9mm rounds that fire like shotgunn shot. Each round has a couple hundred(I think) little pellets in it. They were $5.95 for 10, I bought 50 rounds can't wait to see what they do. Anybody ever shot these??
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like CCI shotshell ammo (not sure the exact name) Never shot any myself but they sell it in most calibers
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
They work great on snakes and rabbits,I use them in my .45 all the time around the house.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I went to North Idaho (Hayden) for my uncles funeral I just got back late last night. Anyways stopped by the Black Sheep in Hayden I found 9mm rounds that fire like shotgunn shot. Each round has a couple hundred(I think) little pellets in it. They were $5.95 for 10, I bought 50 rounds can't wait to see what they do. Anybody ever shot these??
View Quote

I've seen them refered to as snake shot. I guess they're good for serpents.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They work great on snakes and rabbits,I use them in my .45 all the time around the house.
View Quote

Just don't try using them on critters, or I'll have to get on your case with my shoulder fired anti tank weapon. [rocket]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
their is acually a gun dedicated to taht very round i think its a marlin. i belive the marlin garden gun. a smooth bore bolt action 9mm. interesting peice. i have played with 22 shot. it didnt impress me, but was good for clearing sparrows out of the rafters w/o doing damage to the wood.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
oh, THIS IS IMPORTANT. some pistol shotshells are just krimped and full or shot. these jam any auto and are hard on your gun. some the shot is in a plastic shot cup, these are good, and wont hurt your gun.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#8]
If you like 'em - we stock 'em in Washington too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]
A .38 revolver with shotshells does a number on cottonmouths around the pond.  More handy to holster that and carry it around than to lug the double barrel.  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
These type of shells will wear out your barrels rifling quite quickly. mmk
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#11]

MadManKirk, you seem to know your s$%t.  Why do the shotshells produce quick barrel wear?  I would have thought that the plastic capsule would have been relatively easy on the bore.  

As a kid, one of my friends snuck up on a rabbit with his Winchester .22 lever action and dosed it at arms length with one of those shotshells.  Not a clean kill.  

Black sheep usually has some cool stuff.  Bought my .338 in the Boise store for about wholesale when I was living out of my car.  I also enjoy the White Elephant Guns and Toys in Spokane, but have not been able to check out the Gunatorium north of town.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top