BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2001 2:57:42 PM EDT
I am purchasing a 14.5 and need a perm attached FS.  My choices are

1) Vortex
2) Phantom
3) Bilock
4) Kurts A3

I understand Vortex eliminates flash 100% and phantom almost as good.  I heard Vortex breaks easy.  I do not need phantom as bayonet as 14.5 allows easy mounting of bayonet.  I may need night shooting but do not know for sure.  I have seen vortex and phantom.  I do not know what 3 and 4 above look like.  Please advise.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Phantom works great, but go with the Bi-Lock.
That's just plain cool.
You'll never regret cool.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
What would be a good one for a post ban HBAR match competiton model.  Can't make it more evil by putting those demonic threads on the barrel and I don't want a permanent one. A crock is a crock is a crock.  Leprosy to all liberals.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What would be a good one for a post ban HBAR match competiton model.  Can't make it more evil by putting those demonic threads on the barrel and I don't want a permanent one. A crock is a crock is a crock.  Leprosy to all liberals.
View Quote
It is either threaded or pinned and welded.  It has to be one of the other just for functional reasons.

As raf said, are you asking for advice on how to make an illegal postban?  I don't agree with the law either.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have a pic or a link to see a bi-lock ??
would it bring a 14.5 to 16" ??
[:\]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I only own prebans!!!!!  It is very stupid for someone to advocate breaking the law.  I did my shopping before 9/13/94.  I would like to see an example of a bilock and kurts A3
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Major Murphy

What does a Bi-Lock look like?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I would go with a vortex they work great and look cool!
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:26:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone seen a bilock flash suppressor?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:58:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't find a picture of the Bi-Lock, but it looks like an extended A2 FH with locking lugs.
It DOES bring a 14.5" to 16"+.
Here's something about the Bi-Lock:
[url]http://www.gem-tech.com/m4-96d.html[/url]

They say:
"Bi-Lock Flash-Hider/Mounts are available for a variety of weapons including the Colt M16/AR15 (and their clones) as well as the Ruger AC-556, HK 93/33/53/G36 and Steyr AUG. On special request, the Bi-Lock can be supplied with a non-standard thread. A version of the Bi-Lock without flash hider slots is also available for those who prefer to not have the appearance of a flash hider. At Gemtech, we can install the Bi-Lock to meet BATF specifications for a permanent installation."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top