Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2001 1:44:35 PM EDT
Has anyone ever had or fired an Olympic Arms OA-93 pistol? What do you think about it? Did you have any trouble with it? Did it fire in semi or did it have to be cocked after every shot? Any info on this would be great. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
They are a fun pistol. Either they grow on you or they don't. It is a semi. There is no need for a buffer tube, as the carrier has been cut down, and the return springs are all housed above the reciever, in the tube you see extending to the top of the front sight.

They are a blast to shoot. The recoil is very managable, and the muzzle flash is channeled forward by a vortex flash hider.

It's my opinion that they are the finest pistol upper made today, as all the others require the use of a buffer tube, thus increasing the length of the pistol.

Any other questions please ask. There is a small, but dedicated OA-93 community out there.

-FS
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Full-Spectrum -

Is there a traditional AR/M16 gas tube in there or is it an AK style piston set-up?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info Full_Spectrum. I have a pre ban pistol from Model one and was thinking about buying the oly upper for it. I've never seen one in person and I was glad to hear they are a good quality pistol. Are there any accessories for it such as a forward pistol grip? I think a forward pistol grip, beta-C mag, and a speed dot scope or a laser would look cool on it. Know where I can find a forward pistol grip??
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Full_Spectrum, you there?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
according to ATF regulations though, if you add a forward pistol grip to a pistol, it becomes an any other weapon (aow) and must be registered as such, like a sbr for example.

Gun laws suck  
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks USMC4066 I didn't know that. They like to make it as complicated as posible just to make it easier to break the laws. The Government sucks...LOL
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#7]
The RMA Patriot can be had for hundreds less.

Both are cool and banned.

Why is the OA93 so much $$$$?  Just because it was used in "Clear And Present Danger"?

At one point, I think that gun was > $3k!

I like the fact that the RMA Patriot uses a standard AR15 bolt.  It just has a special buffer and buffer spring.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone got a pic of the RMA Patriot?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone got a pic of the RMA Patriot?
View Quote

[img]http://a1060.g.akamai.net/f/1060/5672/30m/www.imagestation.com/picture/p85b4fb6074515711ee77b574e5b492ef/fe52472a.jpg[/img]

An image randomly pulled of the net.

The latter models have a "fluted" rail and birdcage suppressor.  The barrel is also free floating.

As you can see, there is no brass deflector.

Thanks Tweety!
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:29:37 AM EDT
[#10]
the reason behind the huge price tag on those is because there were only 500 of them made before the ATF took notice. At least thats what the blue book states.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the reason behind the huge price tag on those is because there were only 500 of them made before the ATF took notice. At least thats what the blue book states.
View Quote

That very well may be the case.  I have seen a few here and there.

Since this thread is drawing .223 pistol enthusiasts-

[b]"Has anyone ever seen or heard anything about the Rocky Mountain Arms "Comrade" pistol?[/b]

Supposedly chambered in 7.62x39 Russian and finished in Dupont Teflon-S red.  It must have been quickly banned because of it's ability to chamber a cartridge capable of penetrating vests.

The blue book listed it a few years ago but I have never seen any other reference to it.

I know a few samples had to have hit the market.  

Does anyone know?

SteyrAug?

Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#12]
A handful of "Comrade" 7.62X39 pistols were built...
They displayed them at the shot show, all ready to go into production...
It is in essence like a cut down AK...
Once they had a working prototype, the ATF had reason to ban 7.62X39 Steel Core ammo, since steel core "pistol" ammo is outlawed, and the 7.62X39 was now a viable "pistol" cartridge, or so said the ATF...
The ban on 7.62X39AP was entirely over the Comrade pistol, which never went into full production.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A handful of "Comrade" 7.62X39 pistols were built...
They displayed them at the shot show, all ready to go into production...
It is in essence like a cut down AK...
Once they had a working prototype, the ATF had reason to ban 7.62X39 Steel Core ammo, since steel core "pistol" ammo is outlawed, and the 7.62X39 was now a viable "pistol" cartridge, or so said the ATF...
The ban on 7.62X39AP was entirely over the Comrade pistol, which never went into full production.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  Guess I'll stop looking for it now.

Damm ammo banning Comrade gun!  

Guess I'll have to find something else to pursue now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1130110&a=10062068&p=33629384[/img]

-Troy
View Quote

Nice blaster Troy!

Now if someone would be so kind as to post a pic of the "Comrade"...
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Please bear with the new guy here....

So do I understand correctly that there are only 3 makers of ready-made pistols?

- Professional Ordnance
- Olympic Arms
- Rocky Mountain Arms

Is RMA still a viable business?   I can't seem to find anything on them.

Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Please bear with the new guy here....

So do I understand correctly that there are only 3 makers of ready-made pistols?

- Professional Ordnance
- Olympic Arms
- Rocky Mountain Arms

Is RMA still a viable business?   I can't seem to find anything on them.

Thanks guys.

View Quote

I have never seen a post ban AR15 pistol from RMA.  

They can be found in Gun List regularly.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top