Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2001 1:11:42 PM EDT
Some extremists will define us as gun nuts as we all are heavily interested in either/both collecting a number of guns or protecting the rights of the 2nd amendment.
But why is being heavily interested in firearms nuts?
Let's look at a few examples of other activities practiced by others.

1.Kids who jump off ramps, railings, buildings, etc. with their bicycles, rollerblades and skateboards.

[red]Though this can be considered fun for many. How can anyone say that this is a safer sport for kids than shooting a gun safely at a range?[/red]

2.Climbing some high mountain in the Himalayas in below zero degree weather, risking frostbite and even death just for the reason that it is there and to say that you climbed it and maybe get your name in the papers.

[red]This activity is considered politically correct and those who brave and make it to the top of the mountain alive are considered heros. But defending yourself and neighbors with a gun isn't PC?[/red]

3.Collecting stamps, coins, baseball cards etc.

[red]There can be a great deal of money invested and profit made here. But unlike having a small collection of firearms, when the SHTF, your stamp collection won't able to protect your family against a burglar or defend your country against an enemy force.[/red]

4. Those anti-gun artists, actors, musicians who blab about having 1st amendment rights and having the rights to express themselves.

[red]I support these people's 1st amendment rights. They just are too ignorant that it was those rifles handed down to boys by their fathers to fight for the freedoms, like the 1st amendment, that we have today. I think every freaking artist should have crossed rifles on his piece of work symbolizing his thankfulness of being able to show his/her work.[/red]

I could go on and on with more examples.

To all the anti-gunners out there. Call me a gun nut if you wish. But before you tell junior that he can't have that pellet gun for Christmas, remember, he'd be more likely to get his shin-bone broken playing soccer than getting injured with an airgun. [b]Unless you are just too stupid to show him how to safely handle a gun.[/b] I don't think the babysitter is going to do that job for you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]Gun Nut[/b] - a fool that tries to apply logic and can't understand why society condems him.

(p.s. - I am a fellow gun nut who makes the mistake of looking at issues logically.  Logic fails the public - emotions and feelings rule)
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[b]Gun Nut[/b] - a fool that tries to apply logic and can't understand why society condems him.
View Quote

The only fools are those in society that condem the Gun Nut and not recognizing his logic.
But then again, it were fools who were brave enough to fight the British and give us the rights we have today.
Or it is just foolish to think that everyone has a sense of logic.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
It's foolish to think hardly anyone has a sense of logic anymore.

We've become a feminized, touchy-feely, emotion driven society.

Everything is about how you feel, not about reality.

Example - a gov official uses the word niggardly.  He gets fired.  When it's pointed out that the word isn't racist, "they" don't care, because of how it could make someone feel.

example - a college expelled a student accused of rape.  The student proved he was innocent, but was not reinstated.  The administration declared [i]"the crime of rape is horrible, that innocence is not an adequate defense"[/i].  Wow.  Feelings in action.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
So I guess I'm the fool for believing in gun rights because a touchy-feely society today calls hospitals, [b]Health & Wellness Centers[/b]as it sounds like a more comforting place to be.
Okay, I'm the fool.
The fool who can look in a mirror everyday and respect himself for not falling under the catagory of people who are feminized.

Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't make the HUGE mistake of letting your opponent (in this case the Antis) define the terms of the discussion.
Case in point:  Gun Nut.
Gun NUT.  Guns=Nuts, No Guns=Not Nuts. Guns=Nuts=Bad.  No Guns=Sane=Good.
See how it goes?
View Quote

Or NUTS= the pair between your legs that define you as man enough to know the logic of gun ownership and being the type who takes care of himself rather than being the Mr. Rogers who lives in a neighborhood where man wants "authority" to care for him.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank you for your comments, InTheBlack.
What is your personal success ratio in persuading people that you're in the right?
Is your comment after my last post a "shot" at me personally, or just a general comment?
View Quote

raf...my reply was NOT at all a shot at you, but like you said a general comment.

My comments were just the result of my opinionated self letting loose of my feelings towards an illogical society.

I have to be kidding myself if I thought I could single-handedly change society's logic with my views.

I was more or less letting off some steam.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
[:D]

What ever tactics I use, it doesn't matter. It isn't like some anti-gun person is browsing these forums looking to be "converted" into a, well, gun nut.
I can say all I want, but society is like those 3-monkeys; See no Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil. Or they just cover theír ears to anything logical and yell, "lalalalalala" I don't hear you!!

I didn't really expect any replies to my post, I just thought writing down and sharing my feelings with friends would make me feel better.
And doggone it...it does!![:)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not just a gun nut but also f--king crazy gun nut so f/off KALIFORNIA!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top