Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2001 12:35:49 AM EDT
I love this meat it is 10 times better then beef it has just about as much fat a turkey and chicken. They got burger state pot roast everything you love in beef they have in buffalo. If you have ever tried it tell me what you think of it.

Only bad think is that it costs a little more then beef. I know a place that has this meat for a lot cheaper then most places if you'd like buffalo this is a great place to buy it and at great prices.

www.bisonfarm.com  
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had buffalo burgers. They're good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I had buffalo jerky that I bought at a fun show. It was very tender and tasted like beef.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]
When I lived in Wyoming, I ate it all the time, very very tasty!!!!!![>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had a lot of buffalo and I have to say its some tender and good tasting stuff, really reminds me of beef except I like the fact it isn't a cow hyped up on steroids and put thru DNA screening and changes etc....
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Had it, liked it.  Some little brewpub in Spokane, WA about eight years ago.

[hijack]
The other great meat is ostrich.  Low fat, low cholesterol, tastes very beef-like, makes a GREAT burger.  There's a fast-food place in Auburn, WA just off the highway that makes a terrific ostrichburger, Burger Ranch.  I go there on the way back from the WAC gunshow sometimes -- 167 to 18 to Auburn Way, turn left when you get onto Auburn Way and it's within a few blocks on the right-hand side.

The place has a "Western" motif, including photos of John Wayne.  Nice people there, too.

Achmed says checkitout.
[/hijack]

Alas, this country has no camelburger places. . . . [>(]

[re-hijack]
Oh yeah, almost forgot -- kangaroo is good, too.  McDonald's used to sell it until they found out about their Aussie beef supplier's little cost-cutting measure. [:D]  No joke.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to try any of that, since I can't stand McD's, but after I heard, I bought some kangasausage at the WAC show.
[/re-hijack]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:24:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Had some tenderloins and burgers I bought from a commercial farmer.  Was about twice the price of regular beef and had twice the flavor.  

If it was cheaper I would add it as a regular to my diet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Had some buffalo burgers on holiday in Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan - Home of the Mounties) last yr. It was good. Quite lean, not much fat. Here in Aussie, have the odd water buffalo steak, like butter melts in your mouth.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I went to the restaurant and order a steak.  I have no idea if they gave me buffalo meat or cow meat or horse meat or dog meat. Can anyone tell?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:31:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had it in burgers,stew and steak as I recall. Many years ago I tried it at a Izack Walton get together,very good. A few farms around my area are raising them, more and more popular. I have heard there is another breed of animal called a beef-a-low,a across between the two.The meat is supposed to be good also.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:39:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Many years ago I tried it at a Izack Walton get together,very good.

View Quote

Sixtus, are you an Ike?  I too a member of IWLA here in VA.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#11]
We had to rope some to rid a guys place of them.
Well. They don't take to being roped around the neck like horses and cows. It's their neck structure.
Anyway I choked a few to death and we ate them.
Not bad but that wasn't our intention.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#12]
only had the burgers..like 11inches in dia very good with all the fixins
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top