Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2001 12:15:58 AM EDT
Hello Folks,

Thought I share this with you guys.  I was bored on a Sunday afternoon so I decided to pick up a copy of shotgun news and a couple of gun magazines to read.  Well, I bought more than that.  I also bought a Mossberg 590, Glock 21, Glock 30, Glock 22 and an M3 flashlight for them Glocks.  Wifey's gonna be pissed when she finds out I just spent my whole paycheck on firearms...again.  Definitely a SHTF scenario waiting to happen.  Should I tell her now, or should I wait?  Help me out fellow gun lovers.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/jk/Om/Yu/xi15545.jpg[/img].

Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd tell her now!Just make sure all your gun's are locked up and you are the pnly one who has the keys because the SHTF might be in your own home and the enamy will be your wife trying to kill your ass. Anyway good luck and just tell her woman get pissed if you don't tell them sooner.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#2]
shhhhhhhhh. fight till the end.you know nothing what guns .
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]
OMFG! -

And I thought I get out of control when I go grocery shopping when I'm hungry.

BTW, nice firearms!
and if you actually did this, then "good luck".
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:50:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Please let me know where your estate sale will be.  I'd like to get the 590.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude, you're screwed
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Tell her the truth, if she gets angry remind her of her shopping habits for shoes or whatever, if she doesn't have any (yeah sure) tell her don't worry you have plenty of cash in the bank and everything is cool. whatever you do, don't act like your scared to tell her and don't back down, or she will eat you up. And if all that doesn't work, remind her of some bull shit mistakes she has made in the past (this is what they do normally when they fuck up).
anyway hope I helped
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:43:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Yah, I think your screwed!  Question is will she even notice?  Hide them and slowly integrate them into your colection. [>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Pick one of the glocks as a sacrafical offering to your wife.  Give her the glock and the flashlight ("I was thinking of you when I went to the gunstore, and I thought you'd like this one"), and pray she doesnt want a pound of flesh too.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:44:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Tell her you won them in an AR15.com raffle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree with KAHRN. You are going to have to sacrafise(sic) something. Tell her now, she will be even more pissed later (as if that is possible) if you don't tell her. Hope your not struggleing for cash to pay the bills. I have to ask my wife if I can go shoot "her" Ruger 10/22, 357 mag, or "Barbie" (my 6MM Rem Ack. Improved HART barrel Leupold 6.5-20 Jewell trigger and rings)

Dan
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:13:19 AM EDT
[#11]
whata you worried about,she'll never notice..........
no dear that's the one i got two years ago i just bought that crappy looking black plastic stock to put on it 29.95 pretty good deal huh
no those that's what i traded dan at work that one rifle you hated,but i bought it back from him six months ago, rela cheap cause he needed the money,heck i made 150 on that deal and bought this cheap plastic frame pistol from another guy at work.
and you know that old shotgun i have that has the barrels made in damascus,that we can't shoot cause it'll blow up if we do.
you ought to see what i'm gettin for it.
oh yea and if you really want to throw her off just put a black sock over the barrel so it will blend in with all the other black rifle's
boxer
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#13]
The trick to getting new guns without the old lady noticing is to just have so many she doesn't know any better.  What the hell are four guns if you already have 120?  With a hundred plus firearms you could add almost anything to the collection and never have to worry about a thing.

And as all guys do we need that secret stash of "fun" money stuffed into some place the wife will never look.  Nothing like 2 grand (or more, depending on your taste) always at the ready to blow on guns.

As to explaining where the hell your check went, well good luck dude...
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:41:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#15]
You guys are funny!  This is probably the friendliest forum I ever joined.  Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll piece them together.  Also, when she notice the checkbook, I'll just tell her "Hey ya know, stock market's been sucky lately and I lost a lot of money already, so I sold some stocks before It get worse and the check is on the way".  Hope that works, or else she'd be going for her bedside Mossberg 500 shotty and chase me with it.

BTW, gun show next week here in Monroe, WA.  Maybe I can pick up a DSArms STG-58 I've been drooling about...... [:D] Yeah that's it!
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:48:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm green with envy.  I wish I could buy that much and not have to worry about petty things like soap and groceries.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Start packing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

BTW, which one is your SHTF weapon?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#19]
You DO of course realize that with four gun purchases at the same time your name has been registered with the BATF as a possible "unlicensed dealer"?  Expect a midnite call from the JBTs!

And WTF do you do that pays enough to buy that much hardware on one paycheck?

(I think you're just proud of your collection and want to show it off.  Good on ya!)
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Grin&Barret or antiUSSA

Does the "Brothers-in-Arms" fund cover flowers for a funeral? Just wondering since [u]majorwoody[/u] will be a deadman very soon!
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't worry. You can say someone GAVE them to you. After all NO ONE would intentionally buy Mossbergs or Glocks. Good strategy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You DO of course realize that with four gun purchases at the same time your name has been registered with the BATF as a possible "unlicensed dealer"?  Expect a midnite call from the JBTs!

And WTF do you do that pays enough to buy that much hardware on one paycheck?

(I think you're just proud of your collection and want to show it off.  Good on ya!)
View Quote

Just a lowly Process Technician in the electronics field [:D]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Tell her you got them at a moving sale all for $100. The people were moving to California and it was illegal for them to take them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I was talking guns with my friend and to make a long story short his wife interupted and told me that he can have as many new guns as she has dress.  Should have seen the look on both their faces when they realized what she said.  You are going to have to make the next paycheck hers.  By the way, my friend still doesn't have as many guns as she does dresses.
Goodluck,
Ice
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#25]
prepare for a nuclear meltdown![owned]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Too late to apologize...Grab what you have and vacate the premise.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Tell her you received them for umpiring a charity softball game for retards two towns over.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top