Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2001 6:13:12 PM EDT
Hey guys,
  Hoping the group thing pulls through with an M4. Anyone have a pic of one with an A2 stock on it? I don't know if I like the idea of the "fixed" collapasble stock. Thanks.

-Jared
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Imagine a post ban flat top AR15 with an M4 profile barrel and an A2 stock.
[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, in browsing this board as well as the "old" one, I've seen quite a few pics of active duty military types who have chosen to fit fixed A1 or A2 stocks on their M4's.  Most of the photos have been claimed to have been taken of Rangers, SEALS, and other SpecOps who are allowed a degree of latitude in personalizing their weapons.  Besides the fixed stocks, they also had a nice complement of lights and optics hanging off of them.  Didn't look at all bad.

In fact, I can imagine missions or operator specs that would make this a reasonable decision.  For instance, my 6'2" friends think my Colt M4 collapsable [stock] is really short, even at its longest.

I see where you're coming from -- I'd hate to have a "collapsable look" stock that doesn't collapse.  Throw an A1 stock on it.  Better yet, find one of those elusive Canadian military stocks that are A1 length buy made of A2 material (has *anyone* confirmed their existence in the US aftermarket?).

If it makes you feel better about the rifle (just like some like a fixed collapsable), go ahead and do it.  If I had an extra $600 laying around, I'd get in on this deal too and probably throw an A1 stock on the rifle.

No, it won't look funny.  In fact, some may mistake you for a someone who knows enough about his preferences that he isn't afraid to buck the trend.  [:)]

Enjoy your rifle!

EDITTED to add the word "stock".
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
From http://www.marksmans.com/

Jim Crews with his preferred carbine:

[img]http://www.marksmans.com/images/titlebar1.jpg [/img]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello! Here is a pic of my M4gery with an A2 stock. It's my first project.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1547539&a=11734326&p=41751587 [/img]

Felipe
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 6:41:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Felipe,
  Nice piece, that doesn't look to bad at all. How does it balance?  Front or back heavy? Guess I'll have to save for a pre-ban after I get the first post ban, So I can have the real M4 look.  Thanks!

-Jared
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I think it looks a little goofy on the carbine, but operationally the A1 stock has much more advantages.  Better recoil absorption, cheek weld, and durability.  With the collapsing all you save is 5 or 6 inches in length.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top