Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2001 11:28:36 AM EDT
Well, I guess everyone has heard about it by now so I'll just post the link.
If the link dies let me know and I'll post the whole story.

www.ktonline.com
http://www.ktonline.com/cgi-bin/LiveIQue.acgi$rec=287464?kt_story

What everyone doesn't know is that within the last week or so the Elkhart Truth (www.elkharttruth.com) obtained and published the names of CCW permit holders in Indiana. I don't know if they published the name of the guy who was killed or not, they may have just published the names of people who had CCWs in Elkhart. I also don't know for sure if the victim had a CCW permit. However it seems more than just a coincidence that an anti-gun rag would obtain a list of all CCW holder in the state of Indiana and about a week later a man in Indiana gets killed for his gun collection.

I'm wondering if there is a way to find out who has obtained the list of CCWs in Indiana. If the CCW list is public info then I assume the names of the people who have asked for the list would be public info also. Does anyone have any ideas about the who, what, when and where of obtaining a list of people and organizations who have obtained the list of Indiana CCWs?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Patrick Graham:
Well, I guess everyone has heard about it by now so I'll just post the link.
If the link dies let me know and I'll post the whole story.

[url]www.ktonline.com/cgi-bin/LiveIQue.acgi$rec=287464?kt_story[/url]

What everyone doesn't know is that within the last week or so the Elkhart Truth (www.elkharttruth.com) obtained and published the names of CCW permit holders in Indiana. I don't know if they published the name of the guy who was killed or not, they may have just published the names of people who had CCWs in Elkhart. I also don't know for sure if the victim had a CCW permit. However it seems more than just a coincidence that an anti-gun rag would obtain a list of all CCW holder in the state of Indiana and about a week later a man in Indiana gets killed for his gun collection.

I'm wondering if there is a way to find out who has obtained the list of CCWs in Indiana. If the CCW list is public info then I assume the names of the people who have asked for the list would be public info also. Does anyone have any ideas about the who, what, when and where of obtaining a list of people and organizations who have obtained the list of Indiana CCWs?
View Quote

There, thats better.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell me:

How hard would it be to get the names and addresses of all the employees of the Elkhart Truth?

Maybe look at their parking lot and do a Freedom of Information Act request on all the license plates in the lot?

Do a Freedom of Information Act request from the Indiana Tax department for anyone paid by the Elkhart Truth?

Then publish their names, addresses, work hours on the internet.

A lot of the reason the "liberal media" uses the First Amendment to protect itself is that they see no repercussions to what they write.  "Hey, we don't like the idea of people having guns concealed, so let's publish their names"--I personally consider it an invasion of privacy, but since you feel it to be important information, I'll do you the curtesy of letting everyone know who you are, where you live, and when you are at work so they can contact you and express their displeasure that is protected under the First Amendment's Free Speech clause.

Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good AFARR, but you would get suied.

Right now though I can see a big lawsuit coming against that paper, lets let them be the defendant over this one, they have more money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top