Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2005 7:55:49 AM EDT
I'm looking forward to this trip and would like to get some trigger time in.   Please post your recommendations.  I'm especially interested in a place that keeps their gear in top shape -- my son went to a place a few years back where the guns were not only poorly kept, but also the MP5 he rented was jamming a LOT.  

He suspected they hadn't been cleaned lately, but I'd expect an HK should be able to go through at least several hundred rounds, if not more, before that's a problem.  Mags, or crap ammo, maybe?

Link Posted: 11/8/2005 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that the Nevada HTF has some info.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I would goto HTF.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to The Gun Store and rented an AK in 5.56, and an Uzi.  Both looked great and functioned great.  

They were pretty nice, had a pretty good selection of rentals, but the shop itself was rather small.  Prices seemed fair also....

The Gun Store
2900 East Tropicana
Las Vegas, NV 89121
(702)454-1110

Link Posted: 11/8/2005 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#4]
hit 93 north for 30 minutes or so, dry lake bed on the left past the indian reservation, nice and empty.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
When are you coming?  I have an M16, and I can usually round up an Uzi, Sterling, couple of Macs, an FNC, an american 180 (badass!) and maybe even an AUG.  They all belong to local guys who look for any excuse to go shooting...  you can shoot everything free, just bring lots of ammo.

IM me if you want to set something up.
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Larry at area 51 guns is your best bet, rented a buch of his stuff about 2 years ago and it was awesome, he is a good guy too.

his info

AREA51 GUNS/THE ARMS ROOM
PAHRUMP, NV 89048

775-751-2254 PST FFL/SOT2
Link Posted: 11/8/2005 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#7]
The parking lot of the Thunderbird usually has many targets of opportunity, especially after dark! It's not that big, but it's not far away either!
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Larry at area 51 guns is your best bet, rented a buch of his stuff about 2 years ago and it was awesome, he is a good guy too.

his info

AREA51 GUNS/THE ARMS ROOM
PAHRUMP, NV 89048

775-751-2254 PST FFL/SOT2

Might want to pull this; Larry was pinched by BATF last year and is now a felon.  Sad, but true.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#9]
You can also try Discount Firearms. They are near the Strip close the Forums Mall. They have F/A M16's, Thompson, Uzi, M2 carbine, Sten and several others.

Hope this helps some.....

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When are you coming?  I have an M16, and I can usually round up an Uzi, Sterling, couple of Macs, an FNC, an american 180 (badass!) and maybe even an AUG.  They all belong to local guys who look for any excuse to go shooting...  you can shoot everything free, just bring lots of ammo.

I'm coming for SHOT 2006, and I have a somewhat famous friend from Germany who would like to shoot.  Can we arrange something for him?
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a phone book page that I ripped out of a hotel phone book when I was there. IIRC there's at least 5 or more places on the first page under "guns" that say "RENT A MACHINE GUN HERE!" and the like. There's tons of places, and a couple that are real close to the strip.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm coming for SHOT 2006, and I have a somewhat famous friend from Germany who would like to shoot.  Can we arrange something for him?

I don't see why not.  What are the dates for SHOT again?  And how long are you guys staying?
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might want to pull this; Larry was pinched by BATF last year and is now a felon.  Sad, but true.

He was doing transfers of Colt LE AR's right after the ban expired. You sure he was convicted or pled out?

Yeah, he was convicted; the trial and everything dragged on for a while (that's my understanding, anyway) and once he was convicted he was given some amount of time to dispose of all the stuff he owned.  He may still be allowed to sell what he has remaining, though I doubt it.  And I'm very sure he doesn't have any NFA stuff anymore.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I went to the Gunstore for my sort of bachelor party in July while i was out there getting married. We rented  the M249, Uzi (same one in the pic here), M1 Thompson, M4 and a bunch of other stuff and had a great time. The place is tiny and the range doesnt give you a ton of room. I didnt like how they didnt give you any breathing room while you fired and they were sort of rude with how they treatd everyone...Very indifferent. I have rented subguns and the like from quite a few places over the years and i always hated the places that rode right up behind you while you fired them. This place is worth it for the 249 alone. Those are rare enough for a civvie to fire. The prices are fairly low too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, guys.   I wound up going to The Gun Store.  

Gunbert, thanks for the offer.  Unfortunately, there wasn't a chance to meet up or make any firm plans due to having to try to visit a friend I hadn't seen in years.  And no way to bring a bunch of ammo, only had a car one day.    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Anyway, it was great fun putting down Osama and Sadaam.   It didn't take long to get my money's worth , much like another trip to Nevada that I recall .

The place was very busy, fortunately they were staffed up for it.   Every shooter had someone over their shoulder, which (given a bunch of unknown customers & no time for them to evaluate the shooters' safety & familiarity) was a good idea.   There were some folks who had obviously not shot before, but the range seemed pretty safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top