Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2001 5:33:10 PM EDT
I want another 9 but find it hard to choose. I really like the CZ75 but also am yearning a Hi-Power. I don't think I want a HS2000 or a Glock. I have also heard good things about the TZ99. Is there other pistols I should
be thinking about? As far as CZs go should I stick to the CZ Co. or Tangfoglio. I have handled several Tangfoglios and the seem very well made. Anyone have one? As far as Hi-Powers, I would want a Isreali one for
sure but they arent importing right now cause of all the fighting and such. Could I have some educated decisions?

idaho-ar15,
I'm still contemplating that Browning BDM I saw too [:)]

Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out an HK, a Sig or a Beretta.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Too bad you don't want an HS2000.  I love mine.

I had a Glock 19, Beretta P92 Custom Carry, Ruger P95DC, Kimber Pro Carry, CZ100...

I don't have any of those any more, the HS2000 beat them all, without a doubt.

Doesn't matter if the Glock and Beretta cost twice as much, the HS2000 fits better, shoots better, and so far has been a better gun.

I would put the Kimber a step up though, but not because of how it shot or handled, mostly because the 1911 is my favorite style of pistol.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Forget the 9 and go with a .40!!!!!
:)
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Already have an HK in .45 and .40. Let's just keep this to "9" ok :) Was loking for something not to pricey to.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are looking for an inexpensive item but still have quality, not other than Ruger falls in this category. Check out Ruger's line of 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Walther P99 in 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Go for the CZ75B.. I have 2, a 40 and a 9mm. CZ's fit my hand rather well and are second only to my 1911's. Both of my CZ's are accurate, reliable and CHEAP in price but not QUALITY!!!

Rick
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the CZ75 and the HI Power and I like them both. The Browing fits my hand great so that makes it my favorite. My CZ is an earlier one without the firing pin saftey and it has the best double action trigger pull I have tried on a semi auto. I have seen the CZ75s sell for less than the Browings so that might help.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Browning Hi-Power and love it!  It is one of the most natural "pointing" and shooting pistols that I've ever shot.  I'm going through a substantial .45 craze right now (Kimbers & Wilsons), but you'll never get me to part with my Hi-Power in a million years.  

Just another thought...
My wife and most other women that I've taken shooting, take to the Hi-Power naturally, so if there's a Misses/Mrs involved, this one could be right for you!
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got an EAA Witness(Tanfoglio), and it shoots great! It's all steel, and fairly heavy, but that only makes the already puny recoil almost non-existant. The thing also has the most comfortable grip profile I have ever seen on a pistol. One thing, though. Get rid of the factory sight, and put a Mec-Gar adjustable on it. Also, CDNN has factory 15rd magazines for $30. Like Bandito said, you will find they are very well made, and cheap (I paid $275 for mine).
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I want another 9 but find it hard to choose. I really like the CZ75 but also am yearning a Hi-Power. I don't think I want a HS2000 or a Glock. I have also heard good things about the TZ99. Is there other pistols I should
be thinking about? As far as CZs go should I stick to the CZ Co. or Tangfoglio. I have handled several Tangfoglios and the seem very well made. Anyone have one? As far as Hi-Powers, I would want a Isreali one for
sure but they arent importing right now cause of all the fighting and such. Could I have some educated decisions?

idaho-ar15,
I'm still contemplating that Browning BDM I saw too [:)]

View Quote

Israeli Hi-Power? Can someone fill me in??

Allen

NRA/ISRA/JPFO

Link Posted: 7/28/2001 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you are looking for an inexpensive item but still have quality, not other than Ruger falls in this category. Check out Ruger's line of 9mm.
View Quote
P89 (large), P94 (medium), or P95 (small, polymer frame).  I love my Sigs, but you can't beat a Ruger, dollar for dollar.

Quoted:
I love my Sig 226. Reliable, accurate, and smooooooth..............
As far as Rugers go, I had a P85MKII as my first 9mm and the trigger pull is horrendous. Waaaaaaayyyyyyy too much slop in it and no consistent crisp break on the shot. Was also too damn bulky (and this coming from a guy who loves the Beretta and Sig...)
View Quote

The P85 was their first auto.  They are a lot better now.  Besides, compare the cost to things that are smoother.  I have a P89, a P94, and a P95 in 9mm, all very nice.

You are right about the P226.  I have a P220 (.45 ACP) and a P228 (9mm only, now LEO only).  Fantastic guns.  There's a thought, Steve.  A Sig P228.  It would be a little pricey, but the only P228 you could find would be used so the price would not be too bad.  They come with the hi-cap mags and night sights for around $525 or so.  It is a little lighter than the P229 in 9mm.  I let a friend of mine's girlfriend fire my P228 and she had to have one.  My FFL found one for her.  She had been carrying a Sig .380 (don't remember the model number).

Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#15]
The SIG P239 in 9mm is VERY nice and a great value (about $430 NIB). Blackend Stainless steel w/ aluminum frame makes it very rust resistant, and it is quite concealable.

Just another option.

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Also note, that the HS2000 accepts hicaps from Beretta/Taurus, Sig226, and some S&W hicaps.

The HS2000 also accepts Sig 226 night sights.

It also has a cocked striker indicator and loaded chamber indicator like a Walther P99.

I got two 18 round NIB Taurus hicaps for $50.  Try getting a new Glock 17 or 19 rounder for less than $75 apiece.  At the last couple gun shows, G21 hicaps were going for over $120 apiece!

The Gen3 model of the HS2000 also accepts the M3 tactical light made for the Glocks.

It really is a well thought out pistol, very high quality, and has spent the past 6 years in the Czech army being battle-proven...

For $300 you will not find a better pistol, although the prices are already starting to go up as they get name recognition.  

I will take another HS2000 over a Glock any day.  Hell, I HAD the GLock, but got rid of it, the HS2000 was a better gun...  hehe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top