Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2001 10:49:26 AM EDT
I am new to a lot of this. I have owned guns for several years and gone hunting forever with my father. However he has never mentioned anything about chrome barrels or the like. I could use some input on this. I own a Bushy AR and I believe it has a chrome barrel, is that good? Are non-chrome barrels all right? Does this affect accuracy? Cleaning? Any suggestions or input would be appreciated
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes a Bushmaster is very good, perhaps not the best but right up there as far as non custom rifles go. Chrome lining is pretty much considered essential these days for a military rifle because of the harsh use they are subjected to. Chrome lining extends barrel life and resists corrosion better than a non chrome lined and clean up easier. I belive chrome lining does have a marginally negative effect on accuracy. Perhaps some of the match shooters here can shed some light on this point. Non chrome lined barrels are fine and will out last the casual shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top