Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2001 12:43:50 AM EDT
My birthday last week and the girlfriend told me that I had a small gift coming.  Today the Brown Truck of Happiness brought a 1750 pelican hardcase.  I always saw them and thought they looked kinda cool but these things rock.  sturdy as all hell.  Problem is Now I got to figure out which rifle to make the cutouts for.  That won't be easy.  Just had to gloat a bit.

Cheers Jim
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#1]
been thinking about a 1700 for my CAR-15.
did it come with "pick & pluck" foam or will you have to cut it out. My shopping/pricing
showed the 1700 to be cheapest at www.cases4less
They have foam replacements. also.
Do you expect any gun oil - foam reaction?
And will you be concerned about condensation in an airtight case? Seems a little ironic to have to leave an airtight case propped open to avoid a problem like that. NICE gift
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Peliccan's are nice.  I have one for my first aid kit on my truck.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
been thinking about a 1700 for my CAR-15.
did it come with "pick & pluck" foam or will you have to cut it out. My shopping/pricing
showed the 1700 to be cheapest at www.cases4less
They have foam replacements. also.
Do you expect any gun oil - foam reaction?
And will you be concerned about condensation in an airtight case? Seems a little ironic to have to leave an airtight case propped open to avoid a problem like that. NICE gift
View Quote

You have to cut out the foam.  I messed mine up by trying to cut it for two AR15's.  

Botach has a good price on foam replacements for those who dare...
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I know that alot of folks don't like ordering from Botah, BUT....

...the 1700 for $131.00! (They have them in stock, too)

That's $100 LESS than JT.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Pluck foam falls apart eventually.  I'd recommend avoiding it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top