Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2001 12:49:16 PM EDT
k i have a chance to get one of two rifles

LEGP NIB with Carry handle for $700 shipped + ffl fees ( $735 total ) or

Stoner SR-15 M4, one mag thru it, ATN holosight, 2 thermolds, 1 colt mag for $1000 private sale.

what do you guys think, im leaning towards the Stoner it is so cool and with the 2 stage trigger, ras handguards, chrome lined bolt, barrel and holosight it seems like the better deal

?????????
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Stoner! and I'll take 2 please.

Does Stoner have a web site?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember, opinions are like...

That said, go with the SR-15 M4. As you pointed out, it has many outstanding features: and if you want to add them to the LEGP later, it will cost you lots more (even buying used equipment).

Those here that will disagree will probably say that the RAS is overpriced, useless, heavy, etc. These people either can't afford one, or don't have a necessity for one. I assure you it is not worthless.

I like the 2-stage trigger. It is adjustable, and is one of the simplest in construction out there.

The chromed bolt and carrier has its share of nay-sayers also... If you like to send a rapid volume of rounds downrange as I do, you will appreciate being able to drop the bolt out and wipe it clean with a lightly oiled rag, mid-field.

It has the 300-meter flip-up sight: simply a necessity on any flat-top.

Overall, a better value, especially at the price you've given. (I have an SR-15 M4, got it NIB for a sweet deal, but still not that good).

Happy (outstanding AR choice) hunting,
havoc
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
ditto havoc. Stoner.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have both the LEGP rifle and a Stoner (M5). Both are nice rifles but the deal on the Stoner sounds too good to pass up. It is a VERY nice rifle. I'd buy it if I didn't already have one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quality out lives the sweatiness of a cheap price!
And remember "you can't miss fast enough!"
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Heck, I should probably go buy it any way. Thanks for reminding me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]
too bad its already mine
:P,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top