Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2001 12:30:36 PM EDT
Trolls want attention. Trolls want to drag down the forums and their moderators. So I recommend anytime there is a topic that should be locked, DON'T POST ON IT! Leave it and it might die a natural death. If it doesn't die, then the moderators will get it. If everyone (except the moderators) ignores the trolls and their trash, the trolls will go insane and maybe they will even go away. Ignore the trolls. They hate that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Gentlemen,

I believe that "trolls" can also be a tool utilized to inform and advise.

And the odds of a troll being ignored are pretty slim on this site.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I apologize. I should have been more specific. I don't mean that we should ignore valuable threads just because someone who may have a reputation for trolling is offering their comments. Those people may often have valuable insight. I only meant that we should ignore threads that should be locked. Trolls posting on them know they should be locked but they would rather make trouble. To be more precise, discriminate based on the content of the thread, not on who is posting on it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm curious with 2 posts just how much experience you have with who is and who isn't a troll here. This is not a flame, but I am curious if you are in fact one of the regulars who created a new screen nick for this occasion.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
According to legend the only way to kill a troll is to burn them, otherwise they can regenerate.

BURN THEM, BURN THEM, BURN THEM!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
DFTFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Every once in a while something happens to me and I can't resist posting something that I know I shouldn't on a thread that i know that I should leave alone.  I don't know what it is?
[img]http://www.salug.org/~davidm/troll.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I apologize. I should have been more specific.
View Quote

Do you have any idea whom you just apologized to?  Please turn your guns over to the nearest American.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top