Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2001 11:33:31 AM EDT
What's up with this tax refund? I feel like a tard I have not heard a thing about it like how are you able to get it or anything. I was told that I may not be able to get it because I rent? I don't know if that is true or not. I need help finding out if I get money back the bastards took out a lot and I'd like to get some back. Anyway thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It's an INCOME TAX REBATE.

Has nothing to do with owning/renting.

Did you file income taxes last year?  If so, you might be getting something back.  The IRS should have sent you a letter stating the amount and date.

It requires no action on your part
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep better write my father(His company does my taxes.) and aske him about this because I could use that money for a new rifle.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Gentlemen,

Please consider making a generous donation to the United Nations.

We are accepting donations at this time for a variety of causes, the foremost of which is the eradication of H.I.V./A.I.D.S. on a global basis.

H.I.V./A.I.D.S. has the potential to be the second biggest killer of our time, second only to small arms and light weapons in killing potential.

As your government has not seen fit to abide by the rules of civilized nations, and has voted to not support the global ban on illicit sales of weapons of mass destruction, I am not going to attempt to request your support of this particular issue at this time.

Or, perhaps you could send a donation to your United Nations representative along with a note urging your government to pay your nation's delinquent United Nations membership dues.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well if the UN would have given me a job, I would have had a taxable income and then I would have a refund to donate. But NOOOOOO!
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, according to this article [url]http://detnews.com/2001/politics/0107/25/-254330.htm[/url] this isn't really a rebate--it's an advance on your 2001 refund, which would be bigger because of the tax deal they reached. It's a way for them to pump a bunch of spending money into the economy, and send a little note (the one you probably got recently, which cost something like $38 million) that says, "Hi, your friendly government here, just sending along a quick note to let you know you're getting $300/600 dollars soon. Aren't we great?" Did you notice GWB's name on the letter? It's like the first piece of campaign literature for the 2004 elections!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top