Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2001 11:02:21 AM EDT
What have you heard about this gun? I have heard nothing about it and no one ever sayes anything about this gun .
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
No one has anything good or bad to say about these gun's.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't buy one, but I think they are interesting from a technical point of view.  All that I have heard is negative.  Lots of breakages!

I think this was made with more of a "look what we can do" attitude than raw need.  Kind of the same reason why an AR pistol exists.  (A technology sideshow) An AR isn't so heavy as to have the need to cut the weight even further.

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Carbon 15 Type 97 pistol and I like it a lot.  Where else can you find a pistol that will hold 30 or even 40 rounds that shoots .223 as fast as you can pull the trigger.  There are other similar designs, but this is the lightest one out there.

I have heard that some people have had trouble with the lack of a forward assist on the gun.  I haven't shot mine over about 500 rounds so far, but I haven't had any trouble with mine.  It is surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot.

If you want one as a toy to play with I would say go for it, but I am not convinced that I would trust it with my life.  But it is fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the pistol for a while too.  Great novelty item, never had any ftf's or jams in about 500 rounds w/S&B ammo.  Sold it simply because the novelty wore off (and I couldn't hit crap with it).
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The type 97 is a [size=4]BLAST![/size=4] to shoot.

I have about 1000 rounds through mine. I have had two troubles:

1. Shot the rear sight off. Still havn't gotten it fixed.
2. It only likes Thermold mags. This is ok because I have enough of them. Well... Actually you can never have enough mags. But that is a different story.

Keep in mind that the type 97 is just a toy. I would never want to have to depend on it for my life. Lots of fun though.

I would definitely recommend one! As a toy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top