Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2001 8:54:44 AM EDT
Happy friday!!!! I'm getting ready for a 2 o'clock meeting, but that's about it. Anyone else screwing around like me?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, my nose is currently to the grindstone!
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Let's see...I blew-off my 3o'clock meeting yesterday and today is my day off! I'm relaxing in preparation to zero in my newly restocked and scoped 300 WinMag today at 12(PacTime).
Curious to see how well the Nikon Monarch 5.5x16.5x44 AOHT scope works on my AR's bolt action, big-bore brother.
CS
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a job so basically my job is to screw off all day.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Last 3 days off with a nice case of bronchitis! Hack-wheeze!
Lotsa computer time. That is, when the Chinese Virus wasn't boggin' down the 'net.

Coversix, maybe in a couple of months we'll get to see that .300/NIKON setup at GF.  Woo-hoo!
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Lordtrader,

How come you are not considering NY for employment? Lot's of your type of job and the gun laws so far are better than California.

Just don't live in the City. I live about 72 miles from NYC and I do not need license to buy a long gun. I can own any assault rifle (no full auto) and I heard that it's pretty easy to get a conceal carry pistol license.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#7]
TGIF!....I am hardly working...Wake me up at 4:00PM...Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Hardly working at looking for work!

I think I'll "work" on my tan.

[8P]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Not doin anything at work to day TGIF [beer]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Computers are running smoothly so far today and no virus's in the email either.  Haven't done much so I'm feeling a little guilty, but it is Friday and I'll get over it.  Now, if I could just get people to not open up any email from people they don't know, my job would be even easier and I wouldn't have to play hardnose and take their email privileges away from them
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#12]
It's good to know I'm not the only one goofing off. I'll probably have to work sometime today, though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey Lordtrader,

How come you are not considering NY for employment? Lot's of your type of job and the gun laws so far are better than California.

Just don't live in the City. I live about 72 miles from NYC and I do not need license to buy a long gun. I can own any assault rifle (no full auto) and I heard that it's pretty easy to get a conceal carry pistol license.
View Quote

Not really too hot on moving to NY but I have sent a few resume to some firm there. No response though. I have visited there a few times and not really floating my boat. NJ has a ton of firms doing Fixed Income trading but I'm not going there either. I am really targeting AZ and FL right now. Seems to be a growth spurt of asset mngmt firms in Phoenix. Just really trying to stay out of states that snows.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Lordtrader,

View Quote

Not really too hot on moving to NY but I have sent a few resume to some firm there. No response though. I have visited there a few times and not really floating my boat. NJ has a ton of firms doing Fixed Income trading but I'm not going there either. I am really targeting AZ and FL right now. Seems to be a growth spurt of asset mngmt firms in Phoenix. Just really trying to stay out of states that snows.
View Quote

If you don't have to come here don't. Gun laws are bad but still not as bad as some. We have had it bad from the get go that some states are actually passing us as bad gun states. I would check out jacksonville Florida if you want Fl. Good business there and nice place to live. Go on the outside parts of the city. Like orange park,manderin. Great places to be. I was looking there and I will make the move out of NY one day. Check out Atlanta if Az or Fl is not the way to go. I would stay out of NY. CCW in NY is only better when you are very far from the city. You can't bring a handgun into this state if it doesn't come through a licenced dealer. So if you own handguns now they have to go through a dealer and you have to be a resident on NY for 1 year before applying. And it takes 6 months for a pistol license. You can't own the gun without the license.So your handguns that you own you will not see for about 1 1/2 years.They incorporate the CCW with possesion. If you move to NYC just forget the whole thing it is more then double the trouble I just wrote about. NYC is a place of its own in NY. Thank god I am not involved with them in any way.Mind you every county is different and they make there own laws. So there might be more or less stuff to deal with depending on the county. Take my advice stay away.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Summer is always slow at my job. We have a saying for days like today:

"Never have so many been paid so much to do so little."
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Gus, what is it you pretend to do?  I'm freshly laid off from building satellites & looking for a change of pace.  Far eastern PA (Newtown) or west central NJ.

Norm

Too bad I can't spell sat...  etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I usually "work hard" to "hardly work."

Today is my normal every other Friday off so SNIPERm88 and I went to the range.  Shot his 7mm mag and my normal range guns AR, Sar2, Polytech M14 and my M16 in semi only.

Beautiful day too.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I can neither confirm nor deny that I am working hard or hardly working........
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I curently work 30 min. a day but get paid for 8 hrs. Seriously. I go into work, put on my uniform, work 30 min., change back to my civies and go home. All fo $50,000 a yr. What little work I do i love. I beleive I have the greatest job in the world.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#21]
ARChoo,
What kind of work do you do? More importantly,are you hiring?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#22]
After spending  most of yesterday test-riding new '02  Yamaha  4x4 ATVs at the Hatfield-McCoy Recreation Area in WV, I spent today sitting on airplanes or in airports. Did some writing throughout the day on my laptop and will do more tomorrow. Hope to go out with the girlfriend on Sunday and go kayaking or something after an easy seven-mile run. [:)]

Wow, after seeing ARchoo's post, I'm jealous. Makes my job look like slave labor.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#24]
nothing. I am doing nothing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By The Beer Slayer:
BACK TO WORK YOU SLACKERS!!

mike
View Quote

HA!!!

My coworkers named me the "Sultan of Slack" about 2 months ago.

So why was it that Friday the newbie and I put in 2hrs. of 'own time'? Hmmm. I'll have to do something aabout that, what with my reputation and all. [:D]

Well, we did get comp. time at 1 1/2 rate. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#26]
scaffold building at an oil refinery. easy money.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ARChoo,
What kind of work do you do? More importantly,are you hiring?
View Quote

I am an aircraft mechanic for a major cargo company. There are only two mechanics at this station which means my boss is 2000 miles away.
It wasn't always like this. The aircrafts schedule was changed to make this station a through flight about three months ago. It could go back to its normal schedule at any time.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#28]
My normal day at  work is , Get up, take a cust. to lunch, go home, $75k a year plus expenses.
Nothing to it. (NTI)
Bill
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My normal day at  work is , Get up, take a cust. to lunch, go home, $75k a year plus expenses.
Nothing to it. (NTI)
Bill
View Quote

What do you sell? (NTI)?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Oil field equipment.
I do take cust. on quail, duck and deer hunts, its not all lunches, sometimes I even have to work.  You know carring a gun is work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Norm G:
Gus, what is it you pretend to do?  I'm freshly laid off from building satellites & looking for a change of pace.  Far eastern PA (Newtown) or west central NJ.

Norm

Too bad I can't spell sat...  etc.
View Quote

I'm a telecommunications engineer for "A" major phone company. I mostly oversee crews of contractors installing fiber optic multiplexing equipment, and t-shoot/repair when it breaks. Also sometimes get involved with the actual fiber cable in terms of protecting it (miss utility) and restoration of cuts. Pay is about 3/4 of the way to six figures, and much of the time I play "Maytag Repairman" and have little to do. Other times I might be awakened at 3:00 AM for an emergency and have to drive up to 100 or so miles to the affected location (company vehicle sitting in driveway). It's non-union "salary non-exempt" meaning if I miss time I get paid, but if I work over 8 hours in a day I get time and a half.
Is your satellite background electronics related? If so, there are probably similar jobs in Jersey and NY. Baltimore is full for now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#32]
How about hybrid microelectronic up to 66gHz?  Up 'til yesterday , I was one of the survivors of the RCA/GE/Martin Marieta?Lockheed Matrin planyt in East Windsor that's built about 250 communications & weather satelllites.  We'll se where we go from there.

Baltimore's full?  And I thought NJ was crowded!!

Norm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top