Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2001 4:37:17 AM EDT
Gun-control group expels 3 over stunt
By M.E. Sprengelmeyer, News Washington Bureau
WASHINGTON -- A gun-control group expelled three young activists and sent them home to Colorado on Thursday over a failed stunt trying to get Rep. Scott McInnis (news - bio - voting record) to talk on camera.

The tempest has disrupted SAFE Colorado's weeklong lobbying blitz on Capitol Hill, and involves the son of Denver Councilwoman Susan Barnes-Gelt as well as Brooks Brown, a former Columbine High School student.

It began earlier this week, when McInnis refused to meet with a delegation of 100 young lobbyists, remembering a terse reception they gave him in 1999.

Brown, 21, and Ben Gelt, a 20-year-old American University student, launched a "renegade" mission with a hand-held video camera.
-----------------------------------

Makes me laugh.....

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Huh?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the full article:
[url]http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/politics/article/0,1299,DRMN_35_769706,00.html[/url]
[bounce]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
"We didn't really lie or deceive at all," Brown said Thursday. "We made up a name, that's all . . . We simply made up a name because we knew (McInnis) would not give us access."
View Quote

Ummm...in the English language we have a word to describe that- its called [i]lying[/i][;D]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I respect Rep. Scott McInnis,

About a year or so ago a bunch of Columbine students went to Washington D.C. to lobby for more gun control measures and stopped in to see McInnis. They were unhappy that he was opposed to gun control and he told them this as they left: "Please stay on the main streets and out in public, because here in Washington D.C. we have the strictest gun control in the country and if you venture off of the main streets just a few blocks from here you could be placing your lives in danger!"  
I think that says a lot about Scott McInnis that he has his head screwed on straight!
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 3:27:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Barnes-Gelt said her son's actions this week were mild compared with her protests outside the Pentagon during the Vietnam War.
View Quote

Does that mean she is a bigger liar than her son?  No wonder she is in politics.

Eddie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top