Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2001 9:51:22 PM EDT
WITH OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT OF FREE SPEECH,
WE WILL SUE YOU, AND IF YOU ASSAULT US, YOU WILL GO TO JAIL AND HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD.

[URL]http://www.ocregister.com/local/abort00725cci4.shtml[/URL]
COMING TO A FREEWAY NEAR YOU, SOON.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, when do you sleep?
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Once the commies get rid of those pesky amendments the world will be a better place.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
How ironic.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the message, but not the tactics.  

Vegitarians could drive down the street in trucks with pictures of meat processing plants and cow slaughtering that are probably just as disgusting to look at.

Anti Gunners could drive trucks around with pictures of dead "gun violence" victim's exploded heads and what not.

Neither would win me over to their way of thinking by shocking me with disgusting images.  If anything, I would hate their point of view even more.  Seems like a waste of effort to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]
So are we going to open up a can of abortion vs. anti worms now?
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
That is an awesome idea!!! Thanks for the link HANGFIRE. BTW, I don't sleep either[;)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I disagree. It is exactly the type thing you need to do to fight the liberals. They have been bending the rules, and hiding behind the 1st amendment for so long they are pros at it. We however have been playing "fair" for far too long. Look where it has gotten us. It has become painfully obvious to me in the last few years that we need to use the same tactics as them in order to have any chance of winning.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked the liberal that complained that
"the children" should not be subjected to
the grisly images. Its alright to do it,
its wrong to show them what your doing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Vegitarians could drive down the street in trucks with pictures of meat processing plants and cow slaughtering that are probably just as disgusting to look at.
Anti Gunners could drive trucks around with pictures of dead "gun violence" victim's exploded heads and what not.
Neither would win me over to their way of thinking by shocking me with disgusting images.  If anything, I would hate their point of view even more.  Seems like a waste of effort to me.
View Quote

You are missing the "BIG PICTURE/LONG VIEW.
Park these trucks accross from every school,
park, and educate the young about abortion.
Later when they grow and vote, they will vote
against politicians and judges that support it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#11]
It's [i]always[/i] to protect the children. Liberal hypocrites want to protect the children, but it is OK to murder them in the womb.

Children who see those pictures should have a responsible parent explain what abortion is, and I garantee that child will see it as nothing more than murder.  Only adults reason that it's not murder, so who's the dummy?

That is the spirit of what Christ said: [b]Matthew 18:2-4 [red]And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, [i]and become as little children[/i], ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.[/red][/b]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#12]
The Nazi Government of Germany was convinced of the absolute rightness of their cause, too. The Final Solution to the Jewish "problem was even codified in their laws, making it legal. Even so, they did everything they could to keep the details of their slaughter hidden from their own people. They knew if the truth was known the people's will to support the Nazi Government's war effort would fall away

Abortion is about making a choice, and one of those choices results in a dead and dismembered fetus. If they say they believe in "Choice" then they should call it like it is. They can't cause the details are too brutal. Even during the Big Campaign, Algore couldn't bring himself to use the word abortion. He kept talking about choice. Well, then tell us about the results of that choice.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:33:50 AM EDT
[#13]
If they think its horrible for their children to see images of the results, why do they continue to think that its ok for their 15 year old daughters to go out and have it done?  These guys have the right idea, maybe after enough people puke all over the insides of their Benz's and BMWs, some changes will occur.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I love this tactic! It's precisely what the folks in LaLa Land need, since they seem to be so caught up with their own liberal image of themselves, as the champions 'for the children.'

The kids in the back seat are not fooled as easily as their parents might think!

It's amazing that in this Country you face a hefty fine and jail time for disturbing or destroying the eggs of Bald Eagles, Condors
(also known as 'buzzards'), Whooping Cranes, and a vast myriad of other critters, because of the potential life in that egg!

But if it's a potential human life, it's just fine to scrape that little vertebrate out of it's mother!  No potential life there worth saving.

Kangeroo rats and sucker fish may be protected in this land, but pre-born kids are not!

Eric The('Maranatha')Hun[>]:)]      
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Too many people assume that because you're pro-gun that you're also anti-abortion.  We're a very diverse community here, and we're all here because we all enjoy shooting, hunting, collecting, or just discussing firearms and the 2nd Amendment.

I know surprisingly few people whose beliefs perfectly follow any "party line."  Bringing up other hot-button issues just serves to divide us needlessly.  Just my humble opinion....
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:33:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Nonsense, Admiral Crunch, there's no reason that adults shouldn't be able to discuss ANY subject without resort to divisiveness.  

We are first and foremost supporters of the RKBA, but that doesn't mean we're braindead on other issues that affect Our Republic.

Eric The(Well,Maybe[u]Some[/u]AreBraindead)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:40:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Admiral Crunch:
I know surprisingly few people whose beliefs perfectly follow any "party line."  Bringing up other hot-button issues just serves to divide us needlessly.  Just my humble opinion....
View Quote

Admiral, it's only divisive when people revert to personal attacks on others. Divergent views are welcome and a good debate is stimulating to the intellect. I think it's a good thing to give people an opportunity to make their case for what they believe. Far too many people believe things "just because" and cannot give a ready defense for their views. This kind of discussion is good for us all.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:50:11 AM EDT
[#18]
A)  I am opposed to making abortion illegal.

B)  I think the billboard-on-a-truck campaign is a pretty good idea.

Abortion has been practiced probably since some cavewoman discovered that eating a certain plant or combination of roots would cause miscarriage.  Abortion, even when illegal, still occurs and will occur.  I'm not happy that it is being used as a PRIMARY form of birth control.  It should be a difficult, painful choice to make.  Instead, it's the #1 most popular "elective surgery" in the country.

If we want to decrease the incidence of abortion in this country, then letting people see what it is is a good idea.  More power to them.  (Edited because "I opposed" is really poor grammar, and "I be opposed" ain't much better.)
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I love the sign idea. It gets a real message across. its easy to think of fetus' as non human, but this really brings it home. I hope they do it all over the country, and it wouldn't bother me if my kids saw it. It would be a good opening to educate them on the subject. The guy who got pissed because his kid could have have nightmares probably has all the Friday the 13th on tape for his kids. What a hypocrite. Thanks Hangfire for the link. Although I dont always agree with your tactics, they work sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Great idea, but WTF with PETA, they should have thought this up long ago with slaughter houses.  Maybe time to eat some meat protein, jump start the brain.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't have a problem with, or specifically support what they're doing.  However, when they're hiring off duty police officers for protection, I think they know that they're trying to pick a fight.  They go out to piss people off, but surround themselves with practically the only people in California who are allowed to carry guns.  This just seems like it's getting a little too close to standing in the middle of a ring of cops in south central LA and yelling "hey, you lazy n----rs".  If someone wants to do that, I think it's Darwinism in action.  However, the person yelling should be free to get the ass whooping he signed up for, not get special protection because they paid a bunch of cops to protect them from their audience.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Post from qwijibo
They go out to piss people off, but surround themselves with practically the only people in California who are allowed to carry guns.
View Quote

Sounds kinda like those 'uppity' blacks in the pre-Civil Rights South, who made a point of going to segegated lunch counters just to pi&&
those white people off.

Problem is that when THEY were surrounded by the gun carrying police, it was usually THEM the guns were pointed at!

Either we have the right to peacefully protest in this Country or we don't.

Have you ever seen the police breaking up a 'right to life' demonstration? It ain't a pretty sight I can tell you.  And if these strong arm tactics were used on PETA protesters
or Greenpeace, or Anti-Nuclear groups, in the USA, there would be a loud outcry from the international community! Heads would roll.

But 'right to lifers' are the only special interest group that 'dares not say its name.'

Eric The(Un-OscarWilde)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#24]
personally,
I think its a pretty kick ass way to protest. They did all the research and have body guards to protect thier "legal" rights.

Smart

Whether you agree with the subject matter or not. its damn cool.

PS.....IMHO...baby killing is baby killing and if its legal to kill babies, then whats the problem with killing anybody?

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Eveyone is entitled to their opinion, but when a religious viewpoint (on abortion or something else) is used to take away people's (in this case women's) freedom - then we have turned the US into the very country that the original pilgrims fled so they could be free.
View Quote

What veiwpoint is acceptable for taking away someone freedoms.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#26]
DK-prof-

Abortion in NOT a right. A human as a right to life first and foremost. The act of abortion takes away that right. Something that takes away another's right CANNOT be a right. BTW, the SC is wrong. If the SC ruled that the RKBA isn't a right, would that be correct? no.

Abortion should be illegal, because it results in the death of a human being.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I like this idea.

"Take that, you California Liberals."  You banned my "assault weapons", and now I'll ban your abortions.  How do you like that?

In your face, babykillers.

-------

California Conservative
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top