Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:56:26 PM EDT
I was a big fan of the DOTD2004 movie, how did Land of the Dead measure up? Is it worth buying?
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I liked it but I usually rent before buying.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  I picked up my copy today.  Saw it the day it opened in the theaters also.  
Of course I'm a huge George Romero fan so my opinion might be slightly biased
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Terrible.  GAR should be ashamed of himself.  But if you liked that crap-fest remake of Dawn Of The Dead you'll probably like Land Of The Dead.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Sucked Big-Time! I liked DOTD better. But if you can get it at a bargain, pick one up just to complete your Zombie collection. I did.

BTW ..... IBTL (Dupe post)
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen better movies, but it wasn't too bad.
Definitely rent it first.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
It was unbearably horrible. It just felt like a 1970s movie shot with modern technology.

The script/premise was pretty crappy. The dialogue made me laugh out loud more then once. The acting was so friggin bad, that the best acting was probably the emotional grunts and moans of the butcher zombie.

I'm sad I wasted $15 to buy Land of the Dead today, i'll probably sell it on e-bay.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I see the usuall bitchers are complaining about Land of the Dead

I found it funny and entertaining to watch, a good way to kill a few hours, which is all I am ever looking for with Zombie movies, Humour and violence.

If you can find it I would buy it, so far I have yet to find it, so until then I am stuck with my burned copy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I loved it.................... cant wait for "Day of the Dead" to be released.......
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I loved it.................... cant wait for "Day of the Dead" to be released.......

Is it comming?
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it comming?

I have both. DotD'04 is much better. I'll never get tired of watching it. LotD on the other hand... I'll watch maybe one more time and it'll collect dust afterwards.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
It was a good zombie movie I guess, but despite the guns and stuff it didn't capture my imagination like some of the other "of the Dead" movies.  I definitely want to pick up the DVD and would watch it occasionally, but it's missing something...  I too really liked DOTD '04, in spite of the fairly crappy weaponry that movie is my favorite zombie movie...  I wish the guy(s) that did it would remake Day of the Dead too, that one was a disappointment to me...

Honestly I don't care one bit for Romero's jabs at society he tries to take, they screw up otherwise good stuff...  I want to see armed people trying to survive the zombie holocaust, leave the other crap out.  I thought DOTD '04 was way better than the original, of course the fact that it wasn't made in the 70s and didn't have a lameass biker gang had a little bit to do w/ it...   {Insert further blasphemy here}

EDIT-  I did like the hero of the story and his semi-retarded loyal sidekick guy though.  It was that jackass Leguizomo or however you spell it and the whole fight the evil rich man thing that was pissing me off.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Sold out at two local Targets and the Best Buy. Somebody likes it. Not the best ever, but Zombie flicks are so damn fun.

Link Posted: 10/18/2005 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I liked it.  Not as much as DOTD2004, but it was pretty good.  Despite the thinking zombies (dead brains don't think) and the not wasting every zombie (NO MERCY FOR ZOMBIES!!), it was still entertaining.

And the retarded guy.  He was kind of annoying, but hey, he had an M1 carbine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 2:24:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I was very disappointed in the training video LOTD.If I'd wanted a social commentary I would have watched some Michael Moore shit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 2:46:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I tried to rent it at blockbuster but they are not going to carry it for some reason, so I bought it. I'll watch it tonight or this Friday....
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 3:44:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I got it yesterday. Now I can't wait till I get to watch it. All I need now is the Night of the Living Dead and I will have the complete collection of George Romero zombie movies.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 3:50:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the newer version of "Night of the Living Dead" on VHS. It sucks ass compared to the original. One of these days I'll buy the original.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 3:53:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
 I too really liked DOTD '04, in spite of the fairly crappy weaponry that movie is my favorite zombie movie...  I wish the guy(s) that did it would remake Day of the Dead too, that one was a disappointment to me...

I have good news for you.  Day of the Dead 2006
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It was unbearably horrible.

+1 nothing near the quality of DOTD, its almost like LOTD was... fake!
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 I too really liked DOTD '04, in spite of the fairly crappy weaponry that movie is my favorite zombie movie...  I wish the guy(s) that did it would remake Day of the Dead too, that one was a disappointment to me...

They are remakeing Day of the dead??? THE FIRST ONE BLEW!!! I watch it once in a while but really it was just a bunch of people running around a bunker yelling at eachother!! Well maybe the new guy Zack Snyder can breathe some life into it. I know the night of the living dead reamke is only 16 years old but maybe they should do that one instead. The 89 remake was'nt that good.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 6:04:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I rented it and it was not bad I thought.  I thought they should have been able to take the zombies with all the firepower they had. Still it was pretty good
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Shaun, from "Shaun of the Dead" is one or the chained up zombies that people are getting their pictures taken in front of.

Link Posted: 10/19/2005 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I was a big fan of the DOTD2004 movie, how did Land of the Dead measure up? Is it worth buying?

Land of the Dead doesn't measure up to Dawn of the Dead in any way shape or form.
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are remakeing Day of the dead??? THE FIRST ONE BLEW!!! I watch it once in a while but really it was just a bunch of people running around a bunker yelling at eachother!! Well maybe the new guy Zack Snyder can breathe some life into it. I know the night of the living dead reamke is only 16 years old but maybe they should do that one instead. The 89 remake was'nt that good.

Is that the same team that did DOTD 04?
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#25]
I love horror movies. Zombie movies seem to strike out a lot. This movie was really dumb.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Watching the DVD right now... I'm noticing a lot more gore in this than in the theatrical version. More like the nasty shit show in Day of the Dead.

Doesn't make the movie much better but I can see myself watching it a few more times when I need a no brainer to have on while I'm surfing the net on the couch at night.

The one thing I still can't quite accept in this movie is the business/aristocrat guy controlling the city. Seems to me after TSHTF people like him would be fodder and the people with the guns and the smarts to use them would be the ones making the rules.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Holy thread resurrection Batman!!

I still dont like this movie, I gave it another chance on DVD but is not even close to as good as DOTD2004.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Shaun, from "Shaun of the Dead" is one or the chained up zombies that people are getting their pictures taken in front of.

Now I'm gonna have to watch it again!  Shaun kicked ass!  hehehe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top