Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2005 12:58:14 PM EDT
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while been off in Afghanistan having a good time.
Anyway, please forgive me (and mods let me know) if this post is in the wrong place. I'm just curious, has anyone else had bad dealings with Botach Tactical?
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh hell.  Here we go...

Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The SEARCH feature is your friend...
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

I would avoid.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Check out the Tactical Gear Forum.

Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
They won't even use Vaseline when they stick it to you on the rear  
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Post this thread in another week and just as many guys will come back with "they've done fine by me."

Botach is, at best, hit & miss.....If you feel lucky, roll the dice
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#8]
They are fine!  87 percent of the mullets that reply here are just repeating what they read somewhere else.

That said..   I'll never order from them again!
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I did a search through every topic but found nada. Appreciate being shown to the Armory section. Only reason I posted this is because I've gotten crappy service from them twice (I know, I know, but their prices ARE hard to beat, I figured maybe the first time was a fluke). I know there are a lot of soldiers on here who end up buying their own gear, and my advice is stay away from Botach.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
A couple of years ago, I ordered some random patches and whatnot from them.... Order came through perfectly.

So I ignored the rantings of those here, and ordered three 33 round Glock factory mags.

Perfect.      Great price, fast shipping, perfect product.

They're fine by me any day.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
It just so happens that I ignorantly placed a fairly large order for a variety of stuff from them without checking on their reputation on here first.  I ordered it on 10/8 and recieved a email confirmation.  I called a few days later to check on the status of my order.

Guess what!

Well, if you have read other threads about them....you can guess.  They did not pick up the phone.  I left emails for them, and all I got were obviously automated responses.

Finally, yesterday, a human being emailed me.  They claim my order is being shipped today, except one item which is backordered and will subsequently be drop shipped by the manufacturer.  I asked for an eta on the one item, no response.

We shall see how things will transpire.  At the time of this writing, no charges have been made to my credit card.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Dont deal with them they dont have most of the products on the site, they have to order them and it can take months.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#13]
They have some of the best prices around, but as a company, they suck at 'customer service'.

At this point, the only way I will do business with them is the following:

1) Only order something if you don't need it right away or in any reasonably specific timeframe.

2) DO NOT ORDER ONLINE.  Pick up the phone, and VERIFY they have whatever item it is in stock before placing the order.  After you verified that, ask the person on the phone to go get the item out of the stock room, take a picture of his/herself holding the item while holding a sign that says "I WILL SHIP THIS ITEM TO YOU TODAY, XX/XX/2005".  Have them email you the picture.  After you've received the picture on email, then place the order BY PHONE and give them your credit card information.  DO NOT GET OFF THE PHONE UNTIL YOU RECEIVE EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ORDER.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I made the mistake of being drawn in by Botach's low prices. Unfortunately, they did not have the items that I ordered in stock, but they charged my credit card right away. I received part of my order four months later and it contained incorrect items. Throughout all of this, I spent quite a bit of time trying to get an honest answer out of anyone who would answer the phone there when I called. To say that I got bad info and the run-around is a major understatement.  

Two words sum things up well for me: Never again!
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoting nobody but myslef - "if you shop at Botach prepared to get hosed"!  I did! twice!  damn!

For a good thread you can also cruise over to Glocktalk - They have a nice long list of feuckups under the equipment exchange area!

best.

Quoted:
They are fine!  87 percent of the mullets that reply here are just repeating what they read somewhere else.

Link Posted: 10/18/2005 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#16]
They charged me twice for the same thing, and it took a month to get here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Charged me twice for the same holster that they said was in stock, but wasn't.  When I cancelled the order they got pissed and only refunded my CC for one.  After a few months of bitching and threatening legal proceedings, they credited my CC for the other one.  Two months later, the charge appeared again.  My attorney and the CC company made a few calls and it was eventually taken care of.  

RUN and don't ever think about typing BOTACH into your browser again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Did you stop at the third screwed up order, or did you try more since then?
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Is it that time of hte month again. Time for our monthly "Is Botach a good company?"

Link Posted: 10/18/2005 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, isn't this interesting!  Despite being informed that my order will be shipped today, apparently they are closed for business both today AND tomorrow according to the recording on their phone.

If I am not provided with a tracking number by the end of the week, I will email them to cancel my order.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Did you stop at the third screwed up order, or did you try more since then?

I only had one truly screwed up order.  I just sold what they shipped me to another member here since I don't own a 10 millie glock!
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been hosed once or twice by Botach.
Waited months for something that was already charged to my CC.

That said, two months ago they offered $12.95 Glock mags, so I nutted up and went for it.
Three days later, I had five new G22 mags.

In the past two years, they've started to come through, but there's still somewhat of a gamble.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a question for people who have ordered from Botach and have been charged for items right away that did not ship for months.

WHY DID YOU LET THEM?  Anything I order that gets charged without actually being shipped gets a REEEL quick call to my credit card company to challenge the charge.  This tends to attract a lot of attention from the merchant.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I've placed at least 6 orders since 2001. Never had a problem. Maybe I'm lucky.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
They have some of the best prices around, but as a company, they suck at 'customer service'.

At this point, the only way I will do business with them is the following:

1) Only order something if you don't need it right away or in any reasonably specific timeframe.

2) DO NOT ORDER ONLINE.  Pick up the phone, and VERIFY they have whatever item it is in stock before placing the order.  After you verified that, ask the person on the phone to go get the item out of the stock room, take a picture of his/herself holding the item while holding a sign that says "I WILL SHIP THIS ITEM TO YOU TODAY, XX/XX/2005".  Have them email you the picture.  After you've received the picture on email, then place the order BY PHONE and give them your credit card information.  DO NOT GET OFF THE PHONE UNTIL YOU RECEIVE EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ORDER.

Sounds like you're trying to order the Hammer of Dead...
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I have placed 3 orders that were promptly shipped at a dandy price.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I ordered a set of level 4 curved plates for my cousin in the USMC for extra protection (he is a crew chief). Not only were they one of the only people to have the items in stock but they shipped promptly at an awesome price. I guess I got lucky
Link Posted: 10/19/2005 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Ahem....

SUBJECT Re: Please contact me regarding order XXXXXX c/o XXXXXX...YOOOHOOO.....ANYONE THERE??? ANSWER ME!!! I'll cancel my order soon if you dont.

(Body of text)

Okay.  We all know that my order has not been shipped on Tuesday as you described below.  

So, when indeed will it be shipped?

I hate to be obnoxious but let's face it.  I have made A LOT attempts to contact you via the phone and for some reason you guys just don't like to answer your calls.  I have also requested that YOU call ME but you haven't done that either even though your website has a "Call Me Now" email feature.  I have also done some research on the internet about you guys and I KNOW that I am far from the first person to receive less than impressive customer service.  A LOT of people have had some problems, though a few have beed satisfied.  I would like to be one of those satisfied customers.

You told me that my items would be shipped by Tuesday, October 19, 2005 but according to your website, they have not.  AND THEN, upon calling, I find out that you guys decided to close down on the 18th and 19th.  It's aggravating.

All I want is some honest communication, a tracking number to show my items have indeed been shipped, and an estimate as to when the v-line item will be drop shipped.  If the v-line item delivery is longer than 3 weeks from Wednesday, October 19, 2005, then we will eliminate that part of my order.

I have been more than patient given your lack of communication and misinformation on shipping dates.  I would still like very much to do business with you, but if you cannot provide me with a valid UPS tracking number by 11:59:59 EST on Monday, October 24 2005 consider my order cancelled in its entirety.  If any tracking number is provided after that time, delivery will be refused without exception as will any charges to my credit card.

Please feel free to contact me to provide me with information, but my above terms stand absolutely.  I can be reached most easily at XXX-XXX-XXXX, or you may try XXX-XXX-XXXX.  Leave a detailed message if necessary.

I hate to seem obnoxious, but if you are at all reasonable you will understand my perspective given my treatment and less than favorable reputation amongst, in my experience, the majority of individuals on the internet.

Yours Truly,

[Zippy]

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Your taking a big chance ordering from this company.  Very poor customer service.  This is what happend to me the one and only time that I order from them.  This is the letter that I sent to them and the responses back and forth:

Marc,

I ordered 10 15round Glock magazines from you.  I received 9 15round and 1 10round.  The day I received my order I called your coustmer service and explained the situation.  The first woman that I spoke with advised me that she needed my order number.  At the time I did not have it and asked if she could look me up by name which she did with a hint of attitude.  She told me that I would have to talk to a member of managment and that they were not there just yet.  I asked her if she could send me a means of returning this 1 10 round magazine and having the correct 15 round sent to me.  Her reply was again I would have to speak to a member of management.  I asked for her name, she then hung up on me.  

I called back about 1 hour later and spoke with Sonja, who was a lot nicer to me in helping getting this taken care of.  I told Sonja what happed and she spoke with a member of management.  She was first told that your company would send me a label so that I could return it.  Well, I don’t know what happed but she sent me an email short after our conversation telling me that per management, the label would not be sent to me and that I need to do that myself and pay for shipping and that I would be reimbursed for the charges.  

So I am doing just that.  Enclosed you will find my email receit for the order, Sonjas email and the order label that was sent in the 1st order.  I am shipping this next day air due to I was not told how to ship this per Sonja’s email.  I will be reimbursed!!!  I have put a signatured requirment on this package and will contact the person that signed for it if I don not receive back the 15 round magazine withing a reasonable amount of time, 2 weeks .  

Just for future suggestions: your customer service is horrible, it needs lots of improvement.  If I made a mistake I would go above and beyond for the customer and send a label with a box/envelope, I should not have to go through all this to send your mistake back to you.  

I am in government law enforcement work and noticed that you have a GSA contract.  I will not be ordering anything from you in the future.  Everyone that I know that orders law enforcement supplies will be told of how I was treated and recommend that they not order from your company.  

This was his response to my letter:

Dear Valued Customer,
>
>   I would like to personally apologize for the delay
> on your order. I would like to offer you  50% off on shipping on
> your order.  However, we ask you kindly to re-rate us and I will credit
> back half of the shipping you incurred as a form of compensation.
> Please e-mail me @ [email protected] - this way I will get an alert
> that you already retracted the rating you gave to us the first time.
> Once again, please accept our apologies with regards to your order.
>
>   Thank you.
>
>   Marc
>
>   To place your vote, follow this link:
>
http://store.yahoo.com/OS/rate?botach-299367+3265578f0fc440fa6279
>
>   Your vote will become part of the overall rating
> for
>   BotachTactical.com .
>
>   By voting you'll be helping to make the Web a
> better place
>   to shop.
>
>   Thanks!
>
>   The Yahoo! Shopping Team
> This was my response to that

Marc,
> First of all, are you talking about the shipping
> charges for the original order or the shipping
> charges that I had to pay for the return of the 10
> round magazine?  When you answer that question I'll
> respond to your request about re-rating you.
>  

His response:
I'll refund you the full amount of the shipping of the
magazine you sent back and half off the shipping of
your original order.

Thanks.

Marc

My final response to him and Botach

Marc,
I think you are going to refund the shipping of the magazine that I sent back regardless, that is what was agreed upon and approved by your management department and Sonja.  So were you waiting on my response to your request before you were going to give me that refund;  I should have received that already.  This is just another example of why I wrote what I did in the evalution of your company.  You better start making smarter choices or your company is not going to last.  I guess I might as well write off that refund and learn from my experiance with you and your company because I will not give you another evaluation.  In fact I think I will, and include this email of you bribing me with money so your company doesn't receive a bad mark.  You can't buy me Marc.  Instead of trying to buy your way out of something maybe you should listen to what your customers are saying and take for action.  Thanks for nothing Marc!!!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Yep, lured in with great prices over 5 years ago, had several bitch sessions with people that barely spoke passable english.........written off ever since, and will NEVER go back.

VJ
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Your taking a big chance ordering from this company.  Very poor customer service.  This is what happend to me the one and only time that I order from them.  This is the letter that I sent to them and the responses back and forth:

Marc,

I ordered 10 15round Glock magazines from you.  I received 9 15round and 1 10round.  The day I received my order I called your coustmer service and explained the situation.  The first woman that I spoke with advised me that she needed my order number.  At the time I did not have it and asked if she could look me up by name which she did with a hint of attitude.  She told me that I would have to talk to a member of managment and that they were not there just yet.  I asked her if she could send me a means of returning this 1 10 round magazine and having the correct 15 round sent to me.  Her reply was again I would have to speak to a member of management.  I asked for her name, she then hung up on me.  

I called back about 1 hour later and spoke with Sonja, who was a lot nicer to me in helping getting this taken care of.  I told Sonja what happed and she spoke with a member of management.  She was first told that your company would send me a label so that I could return it.  Well, I don’t know what happed but she sent me an email short after our conversation telling me that per management, the label would not be sent to me and that I need to do that myself and pay for shipping and that I would be reimbursed for the charges.  

So I am doing just that.  Enclosed you will find my email receit for the order, Sonjas email and the order label that was sent in the 1st order.  I am shipping this next day air due to I was not told how to ship this per Sonja’s email.  I will be reimbursed!!!  I have put a signatured requirment on this package and will contact the person that signed for it if I don not receive back the 15 round magazine withing a reasonable amount of time, 2 weeks .  

Just for future suggestions: your customer service is horrible, it needs lots of improvement.  If I made a mistake I would go above and beyond for the customer and send a label with a box/envelope, I should not have to go through all this to send your mistake back to you.  

I am in government law enforcement work and noticed that you have a GSA contract.  I will not be ordering anything from you in the future.  Everyone that I know that orders law enforcement supplies will be told of how I was treated and recommend that they not order from your company.  

This was his response to my letter:

Dear Valued Customer,
>
>   I would like to personally apologize for the delay
> on your order. I would like to offer you  50% off on shipping on
> your order.  However, we ask you kindly to re-rate us and I will credit
> back half of the shipping you incurred as a form of compensation.
> Please e-mail me @ [email protected] - this way I will get an alert
> that you already retracted the rating you gave to us the first time.
> Once again, please accept our apologies with regards to your order.
>
>   Thank you.
>
>   Marc
>
>   To place your vote, follow this link:
>
http://store.yahoo.com/OS/rate?botach-299367+3265578f0fc440fa6279
>
>   Your vote will become part of the overall rating
> for
>   BotachTactical.com .
>
>   By voting you'll be helping to make the Web a
> better place
>   to shop.
>
>   Thanks!
>
>   The Yahoo! Shopping Team
> This was my response to that

Marc,
> First of all, are you talking about the shipping
> charges for the original order or the shipping
> charges that I had to pay for the return of the 10
> round magazine?  When you answer that question I'll
> respond to your request about re-rating you.
>  

His response:
I'll refund you the full amount of the shipping of the
magazine you sent back and half off the shipping of
your original order.

Thanks.

Marc

My final response to him and Botach

Marc,
I think you are going to refund the shipping of the magazine that I sent back regardless, that is what was agreed upon and approved by your management department and Sonja.  So were you waiting on my response to your request before you were going to give me that refund;  I should have received that already.  This is just another example of why I wrote what I did in the evalution of your company.  You better start making smarter choices or your company is not going to last.  I guess I might as well write off that refund and learn from my experiance with you and your company because I will not give you another evaluation.  In fact I think I will, and include this email of you bribing me with money so your company doesn't receive a bad mark.  You can't buy me Marc.  Instead of trying to buy your way out of something maybe you should listen to what your customers are saying and take for action.  Thanks for nothing Marc!!!!

Hell of a first post.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:16:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Botach bashing is SO last year, Mama!

Good prices and fast ship! w00t!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Your village is looking for you.
(again)
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:40:53 AM EDT
[#34]
I know Juicybooty personally and can vouch for him,  he is telling the truth. By the way, welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your story.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#35]
I've had great luck, but here's the caveat.
1. Place your order by phone (only)
2. Verify the items you want are in stock.
3. If you want it within a week then order 2nd day delivery.

I've never been burned by them, but I NEVER order online from anyone. I shop web sites and the I
call to place my order and I always get the name of the person on the other end of the phone.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your village is looking for you.

OH SNAP!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#37]
i ordered osme blackhawk items form them, they said one was backordered and shipped the one in stock. couple weeks later blackhawk sends me the backordered item and the item that was already sent to me.  i guess they are making up for you guys torubles :)
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#38]
I found some goods that were being sold a good price. I emailed them regarding availability and it had been out of stock for a few weeks. They said its now in stock. I've been emailing them back/forth, it takes on average about 20 min for the email responses to come back.

Hopefully they'll ship it out and I'll get the items in a timely fashion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top