Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2001 5:37:53 AM EDT
I love this quote (don't know if it's been posted before, good chance it has):

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Mahatma Gandhi
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:58:27 AM EDT
[#1]
A lot of people know that Ghandi was a religous figure or seer, but many don't know other important things about him.  For instance, his feet were quite tough from walking around so much barefooted and in sandals.  His body was quite frail from the hunger strikes, and even his breath was quite smelly because of the starvation too.

Therefore, he became known as "The Super Calloused Fragile Mystic Plagued With Halitosis."
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice quote you found there, skullworks.

Nice poke there, Tailgate! LMAO [:D]

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Haha...How long you been waiting to unleash that one, Tailgate? Not to belittle Skullworks nice find.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:16:10 AM EDT
[#4]
It's one of those little nuggets you save in your wallet (or Palm Pilot if you're a geek like me) just waiting for an anti to open their mouth.
I mean, once you quote Gandhi, you pretty much won the race, don't you think? How more peaceful can you get? [;)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love this quote (don't know if it's been posted before, good chance it has):

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Mahatma Gandhi
View Quote

Ghandi was a nominal pacifist, but he understood the realities of his world. As an educated man and a student of world affairs, he might have read from this man's writings as well:

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -- Patrick Henry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top