Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2001 4:41:56 AM EDT
Hope this isn't a duplicate that's already been posted....

Boil Frog Boil

http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/jul/21/edefn072101.htm

Don't know how to post URL...sorry

Rocketman
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/jul/21/edefn072101.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Visited NJ once- hate it.  Lived in Maryland for a while- hated it, too.  The crap that goes on there is beyond belief.  This article is scary- talk about being deprived of your rights and property without due process!!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It is scary, but a little far fetched.  I am from NJ and worked (NOT THE SUBJECT OF) on a case involving confiscation of "Illegal by statute" firearms.  Can't give specifics on the case but as I understand it, this portion of the criminal code is not really enforced.  I would suggest that this is in no small part due to the constitutional issue raised by THEBEEKEEPER1.  How many judges you know like having their verdicts overturned in federal court based on constitutional issues?
Ed out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
So, according to the way NJ does it, if you own a so-called 'assault rifle', you are a drug offender?  These people will stop at nothing to have their way.  And towards the bottom of the article, it says someone was mistakenly busted for having an 'assault rifle' for having an M1 Garand.  How ridiculous.  The rifles defined as 'assault rifles' are not, since they are not select fire (select fires are classified as MG's), but to confuse an M1 Garand with an AR15 just shows that the people making and enforcing these laws have no clue.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it game over yet?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in NJ. I had a conversation about this with a friend because I had heard Nappan speaking about it a few months back. Friends comment to me, "What are you talking about. They can't do that."
Of course this is the standard response to these types of things. Everbody has their head in the sand and no one will believe until it is too late.
I'm definitely getting out of NJ. Anyone know of a halfway desent job for a soon to be displaced Constitutionalist?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm with you Nick1950, two more years and then I'm gone to Ga.!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#9]
And yet there are people [whacko] who post here who actually support the War on Drugs, and who refuse to vote Libertarian because the Libertarians want to end the War. . . .
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I think its time to kick ass
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top