Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2001 5:52:53 PM EDT
Anyone know where I can get on of these wonderful tools?  I am planning some....deeds.  heh heh heh
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Here ya go Stubbs, just ran across 'em last week and couldn't remember where.
[url]http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=25934791[/url]

[url]http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=25934627[/url]
Hope these work for ya.
KenS
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was in high school we used to take one of those 3 person slingshots out in the woods down range at this local golf ball range at night. we would wait for someone to hit a nice long drive down range, and shoot a golf ball back at them.....Budweiser was usually involved also.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Goddam those are fun.  In college my kitchen window backed to a sorrority and a pizza place about a half block away.  At night you could not tell where the ballons were coming from.  We'd go out to see and all you see is the splash.  The pizza place had outdoor seating with a latice top, so we would just drop them on the latice and let it rain on the people. Or if we hit the plexiglass window the folks would jump a foot out of their chair.  Our greatest challeng was hitting people riding/walking by.

It was a three man job with two people holding the ends and one launcher.  Most nights we had a spotter outside as well.  I think it was the most fun 12 dollars could buy at the time.

OK, we were immature assholes, but damm it was fun.  [:D]

Now an egg....  I thing three blocks was our best confirmed hit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Back when I was a kid we were so poor that we had to make our own launchers out of surgical tubing and a funnel.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:29:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Try m-80`s inserted in a tennis ball........DANGEROUS but......the small grenade type baloons are the best/most lethal size for the launcher.........[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#6]
i LOVE my 3 man shingshot. man that thing shoots FAR. after some practice i caould aim it well. ballons are just the beginning, apples are great, especailly if you near a apple tree. walnuts are good too. and eggs. that is the best. i have used mine so much i need a new one cause its so streached
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Golf balls will sail out of sight........think i saw those launchers in sportsman`s guide not too long ago..............[:)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had my fun with those things too while on vacation.But they are also illegal here in the prk.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#10]
My father in law has one mounted on the back of his boat. He made a "hard mount"  and uses the ski pole as a mono pod. The mount looks like a large "Y". It's no 16 inch gun, but I've seen fish not large enough to keep transplanted to entirely different areas of the river.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#11]
memories: picture this, an old style vw bus. i would sit on the left side, facing the inside of the sliding door.  hooked the left part of the launcher on the body and the right to the door handle. one would drive, the other opened the sliding door, cocking the water ballon launcher and splash!
i look back on it and can see that it was...ah hell, i still laugh, it was fun and christ its just water.
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 4:37:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Ahhh... the memories from college!  Did anyone NOT ever play with one of these?

We used to shoot balloons across the quad at the dorms from the roof of our fraternity house, we'd also launch the baked potatoes left over from dinner.

How about giant snowballs with an M-80 inside?

Most fun was taking out the joggers!  I kid you not, we had one that I swear launched at least 250 yards!  Felt bad for this one dude, he actually doubled over and layed there a few minutes before getting up!

Fun stuff,  Dont even get me started about the BB gun fights in the house!

M.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top