Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2005 8:10:50 PM EDT
A reliable source out of south Florida has it on good authority that the 101st Airborne will soon be returning home and attending special training in advance of an outbreak of avian flu stateside.

In recent days Avian (bird) Flu has been discovered in European fowl and this outbreak migrated from Asia where hundreds were made ill from contact with infected birds.  As many as 60 Asians died from the outbreak.

The U.S. Government's concern is that the flu, which presently is only transmitted from direct contact between infected birds and humans, may mutate and thus have the ability to be transferred from human to human.  This doomsday scenerio would be reminicent of the flu outbreak of 1918 where millions world-wide died and approx. one-half million U.S. citizens died from the pandemic.

Word has it that President Bush has implemented a plan (code name:  Blue Bird) to be executed in the event the flu virus mutates.  If the event it happens, Bush will, by executive order, require the elite 101st Airborne to be dispatched to different locals along the migration pathways of the outbreak to insure that nation-wide spreading of the disease does not take place.  Quarantines will be mandatory and enforcement will be "shoot to kill" anyone breaking the quarantine lines.

Bush was quoted as saying: "It doesn't matter if they're from the blue states or the red states.  You get the flu... well... too bad for you.  Shoot the poor bastards and put them out of their misery."
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Good one but you're too predictable LD.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard it is actually called operation blue bird because of the plan’s inclusion of Blue Bird school buses.  The epidemic will be initiated as an effort to bail out burdened pension plans and social security.  While public health traditionally exists at the state level, CDC guidelines provide information for initiating the epidemic.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard it is actually called operation blue bird because of the plan’s inclusion of Blue Bird school buses. The epidemic will be initiated as an effort to bail out burdened pension plans and social security. While public health traditionally exists at the state level, CDC guidelines provide information for initiating the epidemic.

[cousin Eddie]  You kiddin' Clark?  [cousin Eddie]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I now get the joke

The World Weekly News is based here in S Florida.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
dbl tap
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]
OMG! OMG! OMG!

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Anything for attention.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
If they were to do such a thing I would think it would be the 82nd, They are our Oh Shit/go to always ready unit. Not sure about the 101st though
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#10]
The only thing the 101st will be doing for about the next year is killing bad guys in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
If that flu really breaks out, there are not enough troops to do  jack shit.   A Division might be able to enforce a quarantine on a city but an entire State, no damn way.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#12]
A reliable source in Dashmont, Idaho has it on good authority that I have a 24" penis, and I am going to use it to impregnate the entire New Orleans Saints cheerleading squad.

I wonder if your source knows my source?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The only thing the 101st will be doing for about the next year is killing bad guys in Iraq.

What he said. The 101st  is in the middle of redelpoying to Iraq right now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#14]
60 people dead and it's a pandemic.

Get real. Where are these loonatics getting their information?

What was it last year Not enough Flu vaccines and many people will die. and then less died last year than normally die after getting the flu shot.

Lets worry about real issues such as kicking terrorists asses.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 3:18:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Media is hyping this bird flu scare to the max. I wouldnt worry about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top