Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2005 6:04:25 PM EDT
As you know from this thread, I just took another job with a company that completely lied to me about the amount of travel that would be required with this position.

Well, my position on this issue is that I cannot just ignore this. Working for a company where all of the partners in the firm lied to me, when they know beyond doubt my feelings on extensive out of state travel, is just asking for trouble. It's like inviting them to screw me again. I'm going back on the job hunt. I've never changed jobs after working someplace less than a week before. I was talking to a couple more recruiters who had clients that they said were very interested n hiring me as well (they just weren't moving as fast). Maybe I can get back into the process with one of their customers or find something else.

I don't like being lied to!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Why dont ya make a thread about it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Can't a brother vent?

Sometimes Arfcomm is like a virtually free thearpist for me!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
You go girl!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't a brother vent?

Sometimes Arfcomm is like a virtually free thearpist for me!

Ooooooo your a brother.. Ok nevermind then, carry on.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you're doing the right thing.  If they are deceptive enough to pull this stunt who knows what else they're capable of doing.

Patty
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
No point in being miserable, I damn dure sure wouldn't live in DC under any circumstances unless the money was very good and it was extremely short term.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think you're doing the right thing.  If they are deceptive enough to pull this stunt who knows what else they're capable of doing.

Patty

Yeah, exactly, liars really suck, my mom had a company lie to her over the summer.  She was told she was supposed to do "consulting for Medicare patients" when in reality, it was the .gov using private contractors as de-facto inspectors for Medicare fraud.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top