Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2005 3:33:07 PM EDT
LINK

You've gotta read the comments to the artical at the bottom. There's some funny stuff there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Are any of the posts from members here?  I submitted but hasn't posted yet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
LINK

You've gotta read the comments to the artical at the bottom. There's some funny stuff there.

You mean like this moron:

'Incredibly stupid idiot' is the first and only thing that comes to my mind when I think about this incredulous incident. If Patrick Smith is responsible for firing the gun in the dorms last week the University needs to throw his ass onto the street and get him out of here ASAP. A college campus is no place to exercise your 5th Amendment rights.

PS The news story on this incident could have dug a little deeper and given some background info. Who is Patrick Smith anyway?
Art Ballard
[email protected]

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I posted, but the moderators over there didn’t like what I wrote:

You Are An Idiot....
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
They posted my comment...
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#6]
here's a winner:

The Assault Weapons Ban was found to have no statistical effect on crimes committed with assault weapons according to the DOJ and the CDC. Check your facts before "negligently discharging" your mouth next time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I submitted:

"To be a liberal you'd have to beleive that only a nut case would carry a gun, and that any person who carries a gun to defend themselves from that nutcase is being paranoid."

We'll see if it gets accepted.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I posted, but the moderators over there didn’t like what I wrote:

You Are An Idiot....

LOL
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Is 'Gwen Patton' one of you guys?  Check this out...

A responsible, well-trained gun owner is no one to fear. They do not cause crime. They do not commit it, they deter it, and they stop it. Ban guns, and crime skyrockets. The numbers are there, and if you can't see them, you've crazy glued your eyes shut.

And the malarkey about "assault weapons" is just that. The ban was determined to have had practically zero effect on crime, because criminals did not use assault weapons in more than a handful of crimes. Case in point -- when talking about "assault weapon" crime, they have to continuously go back nearly a decade to the moldy old Bank of America heist to find one. If there were so damned many, they should be able to find another one to trot out, shouldn't they? But they can't, because there weren't. It's a lie.

Sounds about right.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Then I psoted...

Journalism is obviously dead.

When a "journalist" uses as a basis for his article on public policy an incident that he is not sure whether it actually happened, or whether he envisioned it, and it gets published by a major university, then we know serious journalism is dead.

Sure the criminal who fired a gun should be jailed.

But the whole journalism dept of your university should be closed as well.

Illegitimate use of the first Amendment is as dangerous as illegitimate use of the Second.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont think mine made it past the Mod.

Edited to add: Oops Nevermind its there now
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1, unless the mod is busy laying pipe in the young writer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine got accepted.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

How long ago did you post  yours? How long did it take to show up?

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long ago did you post  yours? How long did it take to show up?

Last night, sometime before midnight IIRC
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Heh heh.  Post submitted!  

You should check your facts before voicing opinion. You say you aren't against guns but it sure sounds like it. Only a paranoid person would own a gun?

Why wasn't the commonly referred Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) renewed? Not only because the Republicans held majority in the house, but Dept of Justice couldn't conclude that the AWB had any quantifiable effect on crime. They ban cosmetic features, not features that have anything to do with lethality. And when the anti's want to ban guns, they keep forgetting to mention that most criminals break the gun laws acquiring them. Another point so often missed is that these evil looking rifles are used in a minority of crime, only 1-2%. But highlighting the occurrences with the "bad" looking assault weapons is sensationalism at its finest.

If owning a gun, for self protection is paranoid, what are most of us doing with insurance? Because it's better to have it and not need it vs. not having it when you need it. And since the police can't be there in a minute or less, odds are when you need them they won't get there in time.

Now Patrick Smith is an idiot. If we could shift focus off the gun and place it on gun safety, this may have never happened.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Got mine.  Ban person-tossing now!
ETA:  Had I known it was moderated, I would have tried to sound smarter.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#21]
tag
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I made a half-hearted comment. I could have done a lot better, and have in the past, but I'm getting kind of sick of trying to use logic, reasoning and clarity in arguments with antigun liberals. It's all lost on them- they've already "made up our minds, please don't confuse us with facts".....You might as well try and discuss foreign policy with a poodle.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I made a half-hearted comment. I could have done a lot better, and have in the past, but I'm getting kind of sick of trying to use logic, reasoning and clarity in arguments with antigun liberals. It's all lost on them- they've already "made up our minds, please don't confuse us with facts".....You might as well try and discuss foreign policy with a poodle.

yeah my post was lame cause i was too sleepy to think straight
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#25]
DzlBenz wote a superb response.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

He used "piebald".  
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
here's a winner:

The Assault Weapons Ban was found to have no statistical effect on crimes committed with assault weapons according to the DOJ and the CDC. Check your facts before "negligently discharging" your mouth next time.

This one tops it:

A crucial part of manhood is to do what is right based on the facts, despite what your emotions tell you. This is obviously a lesson that you have not yet learned.

Stephen Pershing

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#28]
looks like we made that one our bitch....we should insert the words "fire mission" into the title
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Is 'Gwen Patton' one of you guys?  Check this out...

A responsible, well-trained gun owner is no one to fear. They do not cause crime. They do not commit it, they deter it, and they stop it. Ban guns, and crime skyrockets. The numbers are there, and if you can't see them, you've crazy glued your eyes shut.

And the malarkey about "assault weapons" is just that. The ban was determined to have had practically zero effect on crime, because criminals did not use assault weapons in more than a handful of crimes. Case in point -- when talking about "assault weapon" crime, they have to continuously go back nearly a decade to the moldy old Bank of America heist to find one. If there were so damned many, they should be able to find another one to trot out, shouldn't they? But they can't, because there weren't. It's a lie.

Sounds about right.

That's "our" Gwen Patton .........the Pink Pistols International Media Spokesperson
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm surprised that some of them got a pass.  That school can't get any farther left.  An even-handed mod at the school rag is unusual.  Closet ARFComer?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 3:58:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Major slammage.

Good work, Arfcom!

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#32]
garanditis added "IBTL".  
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#33]

yep, posted there yesterday. got an e-mail this morning that my post was "acceptable".

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:35:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Iknow that papers hire the nimble-minded, but that clown is off the chart.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:41:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Posted 10/13/2005

....Check your facts before "negligently discharging" your mouth next time....

BWWAAHAHAHAHA!

Shok
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He used "piebald".  

Learned it on ARFcom just this week!
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:48:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
garanditis added "IBTL".  

I nearly pissed myself when I saw that!
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:50:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Mine is in there...

I love you guys posting IBTL on that site
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 5:11:30 AM EDT
[#39]
I did love the  IBTL

Also, well written responses by all you folks.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He used "piebald".  

I always thought he liked bald pie.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 5:21:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#42]
We are all forgetting something here.  The AWB didn't ban any weapon!!!  Only cosmetic features.  I explained this in my feedback.  We will see if it gets posted.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Name: Miter Binisdurty
Email [email protected]

Wow Patrick this article really hits home for me you are probably one of the best writers I have read and hope you right some more papers on how guns arent good for society. I believe there should be a total ban on guns that way we can just rely on the police and not have to worry about getting shot when someone breaks into your home. Please keep writing as these touch me in ways you wouldnt understand.

Miter
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Email [email protected]

Wow Patrick this article really hits home for me you are probably one of the best writers I have read and hope you right some more papers on how guns arent good for society. I believe there should be a total ban on guns that way we can just rely on the police and not have to worry about getting shot when someone breaks into your home. Please keep writing as these touch me in ways you wouldnt understand.

Miter

Someone ACTUALLY wrote that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He used "piebald".  

I always thought he liked bald pie.

TXL

I like to "Get Both"!
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Email [email protected]

Miter

Someone ACTUALLY wrote that.

I detect sarcasm in Miter's post. "....we can just rely on the police and not have to worry about getting shot when someone breaks into your home."

Yeah, I think so.

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#47]
I think the sarcasim was quite, PLAIN to see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top