Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2005 3:13:50 PM EDT
Machine gun, huh ? Anybody know anything about this one ?

Thu Oct 13,11:41 AM ET

A Seminole County sheriff's deputy shot and killed a man attempting to load a machine gun after he allegedly attempted to kill his wife at a Wal-Mart store, according to Local 6 News.

Investigators said Jose Fernandez, 37, tried to shoot his wife inside a Wal-Mart in Casselberry, Fla., Wednesday night but the gun misfired. He then fired shots into her car at the store and fled the scene.

Deputies later tracked Fernandez down to a family member's home in Altamonte Springs, Fla., at about 7:30 p.m.

When deputies arrived at a home on Notre Dame Drive they noticed Fernandez was hiding behind a couch inside the home. When he refused to come out, deputies moved closer and shocked him with a Taser gun.

Police said Fernandez then got up on his knees and attempted to load a machine gun. He was shot and killed seconds later.

"Every day, potentially, deputies in Central Florida are faced with potentially dangerous situations and this is just one more situation where, unfortunately, they had to use lethal force," Seminole County Sheriff Don Eslinger said.

No deputies were injured during the incident.

The case is still under investigation.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Edit: news.yahoo.com/s/wkmg/20051013/lo_wkmg/2993804

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for more on this in the next installment of SteyrAUG's "Tales of the FFL"!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd put money on it not being a real machinegun.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
$20 bucks says its an evil black SEMI-AUTOMATIC

ETA...Hellraiser you took the words right out of my mouth
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Semi-auto Tec-9 should have looked harder a few minutes ago.

www.local6.com/news/5092539/detail.html

Deputies Shoot, Kill Man Loading Gun

POSTED: 11:16 pm EDT October 12, 2005
UPDATED: 12:57 pm EDT October 13, 2005

A Seminole County sheriff's deputy shot and killed a man attempting to load a semi-automatic gun after he allegedly attempted to kill his wife at a Wal-Mart store, according to Local 6 News.

Investigators said Jose Fernandez, 37, tried to shoot his wife inside a Wal-Mart in Casselberry, Fla., Wednesday night but the gun misfired. He then fired shots into her car at the store and fled the scene.

Deputies later tracked Fernandez down to a family member's home in Altamonte Springs, Fla., at about 7:30 p.m.

When deputies arrived at a home on Notre Dame Drive they noticed Fernandez was hiding behind a couch inside the home. When he refused to come out, deputies moved closer and shocked him with a Taser gun.

Police said Fernandez then got up on his knees and attempted to load a Tec 9 gun. He was shot and killed seconds later.

"Every day, potentially, deputies in Central Florida are faced with potentially dangerous situations and this is just one more situation where, unfortunately, they had to use lethal force," Seminole County Sheriff Don Eslinger said.

No deputies were injured during the incident.

The case is still under investigation.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Look for more on this in the next installment of SteyrAUG's "Tales of the FFL"!

Don't have to wait- the following was in his Wanna have some fun thread. About going to WalMart and buying crates of ammo. Maybe the MP5 line should be reconsidered!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking at me as if I'm wearing a Kleibold and Harris Fan Club T - Shirt

BTDT, only when I bought all the .45ACP WWB they had

Where's that pic about "9mm is for women and pansies" when I need it

Not coming out of a MP5 it isn't.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks evil enough

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looks evil enough

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=42262

I’ve seen two people shoot their Tec 9.

The first time it jammed almost every other round.
The second time it misfired EVERY round; not a single round was fired.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks evil enough

I’ve seen two people shoot their Tec 9.

The first time it jammed almost every other round.
The second time it misfired EVERY round; not a single round was fired.

LOL!!! and those tec 22s are total crap as well. those are even less reliable. they make great paper weights though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Sucks to be Jose Fernandez.  He chose his end.      

Good job to the deputies.  Hope they're OK.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Good shootin' on the part of the Deputies.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah OK.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I work for Seminole County, so I will ask about it tomorrow.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Moral of the story: Keep your machine gun loaded.

Or maybe DON'T TRY TO KILL YOUR WIFE.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Moral of the story: Keep your machine gun loaded.

Or maybe DON'T TRY TO KILL YOUR WIFE.

Or don't use a Tec-9 in a gunfight.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#15]
The gun misfired?  It was probably a Ruger Mini-30!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]
TEC-9 = POS
I knew some "g's" that owned them
a couple of years back.
They were bullet hoses, nothing more.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Some homey around my town tried to make one of those full auto. It worked but he could not stop it and he emptied the whole clip... Into himself, the lady who lived upstairs and her baby in the crib also upstairs.    All were ok but he went to the slammer..
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks evil enough

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=42262[/quote

]

What a worthless piece of shit... The gun AND the guy trying to load it...
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Man, I'm disappointed.  I had this vision of a guy with an M-60 on a tripod with the feed cover open, fumbling with a belt of ammo when the cops knock the door down.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Looks evil enough

I had one of those! But mine was the Kimmel AP9. Not a single failure to fire, not a single failure to eject. Swapped it for a Stoeger Coach Gun...
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I had one of those, total pos.  When I had one it was called a KG99.  Saved my pennies and sold it for my first 1911 back in the day......
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I had one of those Tec-9's many years ago. It was pretty cheesy. A few FTF's, too. I had extra mags, the screw-on barrel extension, etc.

I traded it all in on the Colt 9mm blue label Sporter carbine that sits in my gun safe today. I lost big time on the Tec trade-in at the time but in the long-term I did ok!

Scott

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I have had zero FTF's in my Tec 9 so far - I bought it used, and put about 200 rounds through it, CCI and hydrashocks.  no problems encountered whatsoever.  only used the two factory mags I have for it though, I've heard aftermarket ones are crap and threw mine out the seocnd I got them (with gun).  Haven't had any issue with accuracy either, given the sights I was impressed.

I consider it a fine weapon for semi auto spray and pray retreating from gang attack situations.  I like having 50 rounds of controllable 9 at the ready in a tiny bag in my trunk.  And like I said, zero FTF or FTE, I keep her clean, lubed and ready at all times near me.

ETA: she's a Intratec DC9, nothing but factory, e.g. no attachments, aftermarket pieces or mags, well cared for only good ammo.

ETA2:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top