Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2005 12:25:33 PM EDT
Just got home from NAS Jax. Passed with no problems except the valsalva thing; ive never done that before so it took me a few tries to get it right for the flight surgoen. Just waiting for the blood tests to come back, but those arent going to be a problem. My eyes are still dialated as SHIT, can barely see what im typing. Im gonna go lay down for awhile, i'll update in more detail later....

Nate
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I was pretty excited to be back in Jacksonville, i lived there growing up, but havent been back in 10 years. It has cleaned up alot, but alot of the same places are still there. It was cool to see my old house again. It was the first time in probably 3 years ive been on a base, it was great. I love them, escpecially Jax since I used to live there.

I was kinda worried going into it, because i knew it was so important for me, and if i fail one thats no good for my future. I have 20/20 vision naturally, and my hearing is perfect too, and im in excellent health with no allergies of any kind. But still, I got worried that I might read off the wrong line on the eye test by accident, or screw up the listening test for some stupid reason.

But once I got there, it was a piece of cake. I just took my time, concentrated and did great. A couple of issues were when I was at the last stage(optomotrist) He was looking at my eyes, he thought I might have some scratches on my left retina, so he put some dye in my eye and looked at it again. It was nothing, a blur or something, he drew a diagram on my chart saying to disregard it at further evauluations because it was nothing, and he said that if I did have to have it looked at, they would also see that it was nothing of concern.

Second, and this happened at the VERY end of my physical was valsalva test. Ive got my solo under my belt in civi aircraft so I can adjust to pressure changes just fine, but i usually do it by swollowing once with my mouth open, never done it by blowing out my eardrums. So I didnt do it right and had to do a couple of tries, but in the end it was ok.

So, like I said in the first post, im just waiting for the blood samples to come back(and my fucking eyes to return to normal lol) but there is nothing in my blood that shouldnt be (I donate blood regularly- so it is checked frequently). Damn, those fucking eye-drops, it's like im sober, but i have beer goggles on. They last for 24 hours too, the doc told me my eyes will probably still be dialated when i wake up tommorow great!

Man, I'm so excited about this. I was really torn between Air and Ground in the Corps, but not anymore. Ive gotta take the ATSB, but that shouldnt be a problem, my dad has some material he said he can look over with me (he's a Naval Aviator too). For the first time, in a LONG time, i feel like things are actually looking up

-Nate
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:20:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My eyes are still dialated as SHIT, can barely see what im typing. Im gonna go lay down for awhile, i'll update in more detail later....

Nate

Bet it sucked driving home  

Good job!
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 5:05:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats.  Remember, the only thing that can keep you from finishing is you.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My eyes are still dialated as SHIT, can barely see what im typing. Im gonna go lay down for awhile, i'll update in more detail later....

Nate

Bet it sucked driving home  

Good job!

Heh, i couldnt even read my speedomoter, and i had to drive back to Orlando. Probably not the smartest idea, but i didnt have anywhere to go/stay in Jax.

Im in PLC (Platoon Leadership Class) So i go to my first OCS at the end of this school year. I cant fucking wait
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top