Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2005 6:33:03 AM EDT
One night I was surfing arfcom and had a little too much to drink.  Somehow I ended up at the vpc.org website.  For whatever reason I thought it'd be humerous to send a not so nice email to them, yes I know its childish.  As far as I can remember I didnt expect them to respond to the garbage I wrote in the least bit, but today sure enough there are not one but TWO return emails from different memebers of their organization.  One answered my challenge to their stupidity by sending me a news article about a mass murder carried out in switzerland with an assault rifle, and the other one basically called me a moron.  I guess what I'm getting at is that these people really believe their own bullshit enough to respond to peoples rants(you can be sure they probably recieve quite a lot), in other words they are dedicated to their cause.  Blah, sad that all the gun haters stand together but gun owners will sell each other out in a heartbeat.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I regularly send them pictures of me and the 11 year-old nephew on the firing range.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]
post the letters.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Hehehehe, a picture of an 11 year old with an m4, betaC and go fast gear with the title "mass murderer in training"

Bonus points if the pic includes mid air brass

I am not posting letters as I am ashamed that I wrote them in the first place, hell they were not worthy of a VPC response but those silly libs went so far as to send me 2.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Mass murder in Switzerland?

VPC really sells bullshit or their notion of mass murder should be massively different from mine...
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

VPC really sells bullshit or their notion of mass murder should be massively different from mine...

There was an incident over there a few years ago where some guy took his militia (everyone is in the militia over there) issue assault rifle to work and off'd a bunch of people. Some politician was using this incident to try and abolish the militia system and impose standard European gun control.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Isn't everyone in Switzerland issued an "evil-black-killing-machine" as part of their compulsory military service/ready reserve status?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I think EVERY citizen is and those that leave/retire from the military can keep their "assault rifle" Wish I was Swiss
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was an incident over there a few years ago where some guy took his militia (everyone is in the militia over there) issue assault rifle to work and off'd a bunch of people. Some politician was using this incident to try and abolish the militia system and impose standard European gun control.

You know what's at the heart of the matter to the gun control issue?

Gun grabbers believe that people are inherantly good.

It's not the person that was bad, but the object that made them do a bad thing. If they legislate away enough "bad" inanimate objects, the violence will cease to exist.

What they fail to realize is that people are not inherantly good, but that we all actually have a sinful nature and that some people are just pure evil.

That case in Switzerland is a perfect example. ONE case of someone using their AW to off a bunch of people out of a whole country that owns AW's and they want to ban it. Using that logic you'd wind up with everyone locked into a nice protective bubble so that it would be impossible for anyone to interact with one another.

I know I am totally preaching to the choir here, but it just amazes me that these people don't see what's so obvious.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is what they sent me

Mass shootings Switzerland style….

September 28, 2001, Friday, BC cycle

The Associated Press
SECTION: International News

HEADLINE: Swiss reluctantly step up security after mass shooting

DATELINE: ZUG, Switzerland

BODY:
National and regional governments across Switzerland reluctantly beefed up security Friday, a day after a gunman killed 14 lawmakers and elected officials and then shot himself during a local parliamentary session.

Guards checked visitors to the Swiss national parliament in Bern on Friday. Starting Monday visitors will have to pass through metal detectors. Regional assemblies at Zurich and Thurgau in northern Switzerland also had new checks in place.

Gunman Friedrich Leibacher, wearing a blue uniform he had fashioned to make him appear to be a police officer, entered a joint meeting of the government and parliament of the canton (state) of Zug on Thursday morning and opened fire before setting off an explosion.

Three members of the seven-person Zug government were killed, along with 11 of the 80 lawmakers. Fourteen people were still hospitalized Friday morning, one in critical condition.

Leibacher, 57, who had had a long-running feud with local authorities, then apparently turned the gun on himself. A note found in his car announced a "day of rage against the Zug mafia."

Investigator Kurt Bloechlinger told reporters that Leibacher had fired "several dozen" rounds from an assault rifle. He also fired a pump-action shotgun and was carrying a handgun.

The assault rifle, a Sturmgewehr 90, was a civilian model similar to the standard weapon issued to Switzerland's militia army. Switzerland traditionally has the most-relaxed gun laws in Europe.

To me it sounds like your run of the mill psycho, I'm not sure what you could do other than make it harder for him to get a weapon.  Obviously harder to get is not UNABLE to get.  Thus no amount of gun control short of the magic wand making them all dissapear would be able to prevent the attack as it happened.    Typical BAN IT ALL mentality here.  Hell we are long overdue to ban cars, ladders, alcohol, and power tools

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh THAT ONE!!!

I am corresponding on another gun forum with Swiss guys and they told me what happened.

FACTS:

The guy entered inside the cantonal parliament with an assault rifle (a SIG) and killed several people.

1) The gunner was recognized as MENTALLY ILL.
2) The gunner was dismissed from the Swiss Army and his equipment returned to military administration
3) The gunner weapon was an ILLEGAL PURCHASED gun, NOT a legal gun.
4) EU is trying anyway to impose their shitty gun standards to Switzerland. A friend of mine told me that things in Switzerland are worsening each year.

http://www.protell.ch/

unfortunately no english page...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top