Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2001 11:19:52 AM EDT
I had heard of these years ago and never bothered with them.

A buddy recently reccomended them as not a bad read.

Incidentally, he read then as a work assignment.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#1]
WHat, all this curiosity, but NOBODY read it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I've read The Turner Diaries.  First off, from a strictly literary viewpoint, the book is poorly written.  Something with this quality of writing could never get published by a mass-market press.
Second, it's extremely unrealistic...even more wish-fulfillment than the ending of Unintended Consequences.  
Finally, he takes a book that is slightly racist (in its depiction of all blacks as criminals near the beginning of the book) and takes it to utterly vile lengths at the end, where all mixed-race couples are murdered and their bodies hung from lamp-posts.
Never read Hunter, but I understand it's even more of the same.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I've read Turner Diaries.  I'd agree with RikWriter overall.

There are some interesting points in the book, but it's not a "must read"
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
THanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I've read both.

The reason I've read them is beacause society/govt. says their evil and not to read them.  So of course, that makes me want to read them even more. And so I finally bought them (cash at gun show, no records)and read them. Their about the same, though Hunter is more of a one man war, than a group as in Turner.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't read Turner but why do so many feel the need to apologize for reading this? Or anything else for that matter?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I've only read [i]The Turner Diaries[/i], so I can only comment on that particular work.

Pure, unrelieved [i]Dreck[/i], IMHO.

The clincher for my utter contempt for the book was found near the end of the story - the year is clearly 1999, and it's said that '110 years after the birth of 'the Great One',...'yada, yada, yada.

Let's see 110 years before 1999, was 1889. Now who was born in 1889 that is being referred to as the 'Great One'?  None other than Adolf Hitler himself! On April 20, 1889!

I threw the book away, washed my hands, and swore never to recommend that book to anyone!

Now, [i]Unintended Consequences[/i] is the real deal!

Eric The(OhYeah,He'sThe'GreatOne'Alright,TheGreatAnti-Christ)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Citadel. I've policed with some of your fellow Alum, good guys all. "A great place to be from but a hell of a place to be" eh?

Anyhoo, I read it for shits and gigggles (got more shit) but it is interesting in a car crash sort of way.

Go here and read it for free.

[url]http://www.front14.org/teuton/turner.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]
i just read the first chapter from that link. i must say, it has held my intrest so far. i will continue
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I would recommend people read it, just to get an idea how WAR and other groups think. It is the most rascist book I have ever read. The plot moved pretty well and was a fair how-to manual to get someone started.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah i read. becouse i wanted to and people told me i better not. would i reccomend it. only if u have a open mind as its full of RACIST BULLSHIT. everything else has already been said in prevuis replys
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dr jarhead:
Haven't read Turner but why do so many feel the need to apologize for reading this? Or anything else for that matter?
View Quote

i think people feel this need cause they are many tiems considered to be recruting tools for the aryan nations. they were written for this purpose FWIW. hunter was even described by teh author as a educational novel
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I own and have read the communist manifesto so that must make me a communist [:)] heh heh.

i have never read the turner diaries and i dont plan on doing so. i've met racist turds before and it does'nt interest me.

fellow comrade lib
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]
It's more than racist, it's Christian White Supremist. Evidently the U.S. fought on the wrong side during WWII! They have bad things to say about right-wingers and Libertarians, they don't rise to the occasion. But there is SEX!, ok one instance so far in 10 chapters, where he walks in on a female compatriot in the shower, she steps into his arms and "nature takes its course." What an erotic and tantalizing phrase!
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Citadel, get that link?
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw an interview with the author on HBO. Hunter is nothing but a "how to" or a guide book written to goad white supremacists into killing interracial couples. His intentions of writing the book was in hope of inspiring "lone wolf" types to come out of the woodwork and do all the dirty work. Sort of a mass murderers handbook with a racist flavor.

I think it was based on a real murderer. This guy used to pick up white female hitch hikers and kill them if they said that they would date black men.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry Five-0, got it but haven't had time to click on it yet.

Thanks for saving me the $.

If it holds my attention, I'll read it, if not, you saved me a couple hundred rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#18]
i saw that too. it was chilling the way he described his mureder of 2 girls. it went somting like this (please dont get all pissed at me for the word usage, remember, this is a quote)

very calm "i picked up these 2 girls on the hi-way, so they didnt get picked up and raped by some n*****. i talked to them for a while, and then asked the one sitting next to me if she f*cked n*****s, and she said she had. i asked the one in the back seat the same question and she hadnt, but said she would if she ever got the chance" i cant emphisie how calmly this is spoken " so then, i decided to kill them both. i took my revolver out from under my seat. i didnt want to make a mess in my car, so i treid to make them get out. i told them i was goingto rape them, but they still wouldnt get out, so i was forced to shoot them right there in the car"

the sickest part of it is he described the whole thing like i might describe making breakfast or somthing, he thought nothing of it. he is a sick bastard
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I've read both and I've found the Turner Diaries to be very prophetic. Look around today and see how the liberal media holds the black man up on a pedestal. Black on White crime is fairly well ignored and will continue to be. The guilty White liberals that run the mainstream press want so much for the black and White cultures to live in peace(which they never will) that they are becoming apologists for black crime. I see the Turner Diaries as an example of the future of this country. Just my opinion, to which I'm entitled.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Haven't read Hunter, but have read The Turner Diaries. Not the best book in the world, but definetely worth a go through, if not for some of the reasons pointed out by Reloader.

And by the way, what negros do to each other on a daily basis in real life is as bad if not worse than anything in this book. This IS JUST fiction.

I disagree with alot of what William Pierce says, but I wouldn't use it as a reason not to read it. Once again, it is just fiction.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Someone had left a copy of The Turner Diaries in the rec area when I rotated down to Bosnia. Since I had heard of it as being WAR propaganda, and me being a fairly open minded person, I figured I'd give it a stab to see just how twisted it was.

Oh boy was it twisted. I just tried to imagine what kind of person would fall for that kind of vile crap. As RikWriter already stated it's badly written and it's very unrealistic.

You REALLY have to be weakminded if you see The Turner Diaries as some sort of gospel!

However, I did actually recommend a few people to read it, just so that they could gain a greater insight into the sick and perverted minds of white supremacists.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've read both and I've found the Turner Diaries to be very prophetic.
I see the Turner Diaries as an example of the future of this country.
View Quote

Naw, it left something out...the fact that quite a few of the people involved in those interracial relationships would be armed...better armed than the sorry, fat-bellied hicks that were trying to lynch them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:16:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've read both and I've found the Turner Diaries to be very prophetic.
I see the Turner Diaries as an example of the future of this country.
View Quote

Naw, it left something out...the fact that quite a few of the people involved in those interracial relationships would be armed...better armed than the sorry, fat-bellied hicks that were trying to lynch them.
View Quote

Not to mention that they would be a hell of a lot more motivated... trying to save their own lives rather than murder some stranger...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top