Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2005 4:06:03 PM EDT
Ok situation is 2 friends, not really close but enough that I value their friendship I have a house so
I needed roommates so i invited them...
Heres the deal 1 roommate had GF living there for about 4 months he just told her to leave recently so she is now
gone.  Now all of a sudden yesterday he leaves a message on my machine saying that my GF shouldn't
have a key and shouldn't be here when i am gone.  Then the other roommate got on his side and said the same

Now i understand there concern but my GF helps around the house keeps to herself and 99% of the time is in my room

Another thing that pisses me off is I carried one roommate on the rent for 4 months and let his girl
live there for a month.

Part of me just wants to say mind your own fucking business, but I started thinking maybe i am wrong.

Now there was never a lease agrreement or anything.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you own or rent the house?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok situation is 2 friends, not really close but enough that I value their friendship I have a house so
I needed roommates so i invited them...
Heres the deal 1 roommate had GF living there for about 4 months he just told her to leave recently so she is now
gone.  Now all of a sudden yesterday he leaves a message on my machine saying that my GF shouldn't
have a key and shouldn't be here when i am gone.  Then the other roommate got on his side and said the same

Now i understand there concern but my GF helps around the house keeps to herself and 99% of the time is in my room

Another thing that pisses me off is I carried one roommate on the rent for 4 months and let his girl
live there for a month.

Part of me just wants to say mind your own fucking business, but I started thinking maybe i am wrong.

Now there was never a lease agrreement or anything.

Is this house owned or rented?  Either way, it's YOUR house, and he can go pound sand.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
who's name is on the lease? Just yours or everyone?

ETA: just saw the bit about not having a lease agreement...  Fuck'm, if they don't like it they can move out!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Pistols at 20 paces.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Your house?  Find new roomates and put everything in writing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#7]
i think in this case, i'd have to side with your roomates.  if it was your house and only your house, then it would be fine for her to have a key.  but since you share that house with two other people, it changes the whole situation.

try to put yourself in their place and try to get an idea of why they might be bothered by your girl having a key.  do they know your girlfriend?  do they trust her?  has there been any animosity between them and your girlfriend?

if they don't know her well, or don't really trust her, i can understand them being upset.  or they just might be worried about an outsider having a key.  i know that i would be worried about that key getting lost, or the house being left unsecured.  

furthermore, what business does she have at the house when you're not around?  i think that may be their biggest concern.  it would probably make me nervous too...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
dam greg your a walking soap opera.

Id tell your so called RM to pack sand, you pay your part of rent. Maybe said GF did something to make your RM distrust her.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]
tell him to fuck off is he wants to try and be some hypocrite that is jealous because you are still getting laid and he aint.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Thunderdome...

You know the rules.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#11]
More drama from 1911Greg.

Dude:   They're probably just sick of the drama and the bipolar behavior you've described on this board.  They're likely also tired of listening to the alternating periods of fighting and fucking with you two.   God knows I'm sick of reading about it (and yet like a moth to a flame I click these threads.... sigh...).

You have roommates paying rent and she's not.   People reasonably expect to be secure in their stuff.   It was wrong for the other dude to have his g/f there all the time exposed to your shit, etc., and its wrong for you to put them in the place of having to worry that this woman has access to their shit when they're not home.   Obviously they don't trust her.   Maybe she's trying to get them to bang her while you're gone.   Maybe one already has.   Maybe they are more perceptive about her M.O. than you seem to be.   Whatever.   Girlfriends with keys to places where there are roommates will always be a problem.

If you want to play house with this woman, lose the roommates and get some rent from her.

Got damn you've got a lot of drama.

Every other day it seems.

Are you sure you're not CLEANCUT?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#12]
It's your house. You carried one for 4 months. You didn't charge the roomate when his bitch was over. Fuck them. If they don't like it, they can find better accommodations.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Handcuff yourself to one another.

Have a friend throw a hammer into a pitch black room.

You and the other guy go into the room and the door is closed.

The man that comes out alive wins.

Or just talk it out like reasonable adults.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Your girlfriend can't get enough action right? So why not share her amongst your roommates. I'm sure they wouldn't complain then. Problem solved.

For Christ's sake, are you going to post every problem in your life in this forum for the rest of eternity? Grow a spine and take care of shit yourself before consulting here.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
If you own/are buying the house, tell em to go fuck themselves.

If you are renting the house and they are also on the lease, they have a legit gripe.

If you are renting the house and they aren't on the lease, tell em to go fuck themselves.

You invited em in, you can invite em to leave just as easy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Check your lease or rental agreement.  They often have a clause or two regarding long-term guests.  Usually landlords don't care unless they are paying the utility bills, but you should review your contract to see whether or not having a GF around a lot of the time could be seen as a violation.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
but I started thinking maybe i am wrong.

With which 'head'?

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#19]
First, try and see why they are upset and if you can settle them down... if you can't, then beat them with a shovel until they agree to allow your grandma to share their room.

Quoted:
Pistols at 20 paces.

At dawn!
You beat me too it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Tomorrow in homeroom, tell them you think they are wrong and that it's just not fair.  Don't sit next to either of them at lunch, in fact, you and your girlfriend should eat by yourselves in the gym.  And then in study hall, send each of them a note asking what they are wearing to the game on Friday night and all will be well.  

How about kicking them both out and asking your girlfriend for some rent $?  What about getting another friend of yours with a girlfriend and all four of you can split the rent?  What about getting in to something you can afford without roomates?

I'm with gonzo on this one.

Blake
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
who's name is on the lease? Just yours or everyone?

ETA: just saw the bit about not having a lease agreement...  Fuck'm, if they don't like it they can move out!

The house is owned by my family I am the lease holder there is no roommate lease.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#22]
definitely tell them to fuck off and find somewhere else to live if they are going to be bitches like that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Dude:   They're probably just sick of the drama and the bipolar behavior you've described on this board.  They're likely also tired of listening to the alternating periods of fighting and fucking with you two.   God knows I'm sick of reading about it (and yet like a moth to a flame I click these threads.... sigh...).

Actually they both like her and she was friends and still is friends with them before i even knew her.  They know nothing about the stuff that has gone on.

One roommate I know for sure is jealous because he told me once, the other is either pissed off at me or
is just annoyed by having wommins around???
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Fact #1:  One roomate had his GF there for 4 months.

Fact #2:  You carried one roomate for 4 months and his GF lived there for 1 month.

Fact #3:  Neither roomate want your GF to have a key much less want her there without you.

Conclusion:  One or both fuced your GF, but she turned them down so they are pissed off at her because she doesn't want screw them any more.

Action:  Kick both our and dump the GF.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

One roommate I know for sure is jealous because he told me once, the other is either pissed off at me or
is just annoyed by having wommins around???

Hmm...let's review:

2 roomates
1 dumps his girlfriend
1 apparently doesn't have a girlfriend and is annoyed by having wommins around
Both want your GF gone , hence leaving them there ....with each other, alone in the house....and You not around.

You make the call....

P.S.  I'd stock up on a few cans of Lysol while you're out, dude.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Why does your GF need to be coming around when you're not there?

Doesn't she know of boundaries?

Your man card is on suspension.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Break up with yourself.  You can date when you are grown up.  

That was a good burn right there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

On MWF she cooks dinner for me when I come home.  On tuesday TH i get home really late so rather than have her drive over at 11:30PM She comes over at about 8:00 and then goes to sleep until i come home.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Break up with yourself.  You can date when you are grown up.  

PWN3D!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#31]
oh and just for the record my other roomie girl lived at our house all summer, my girl has a house.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Roommate wins. I have consulted the Oracle.

www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=1911Greg&word2=roommate

DAMN I lost!

I am just going to have to sit down and talk it over like men, although they choose the pussy route of whinning to each other and not saying anything to me.

I just wanted to see what the general feeling is on the board.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#34]
If it's your house, tell them that when they start looking as good in
a thong as your girlfreind, you'll talk.

GM
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Handcuff yourself to one another.

Have a friend throw a hammer into a pitch black room.

You and the other guy go into the room and the door is closed.

The man that comes out alive wins.

Or just talk it out like reasonable adults.

dont even look for the hammer, just choke him out while he looks for it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On MWF she cooks dinner for me when I come home.  On tuesday TH i get home really late so rather than have her drive over at 11:30PM She comes over at about 8:00 and then goes to sleep until i come home.

Do you spend every waking moment with this girl?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Emotional/maturity Cripple fight.

TRG

There, fixed it....
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#38]
1---Kick the 2 roommates out

2---Get Computer Guy and Clean Cut for new roommates

3---You now have the ultimate sitcom...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Use this:

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
1---Kick the 2 roommates out

2---Get Computer Guy and Clean Cut for new roommates

3---You now have the ultimate sitcom...

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 2:53:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Sit them down and have a rational conversation about it. Ask why they feel the way they do.......
............or sneak into their rooms in the middle of the night with a sack full of doorknobs and regulate on them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:21:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On MWF she cooks dinner for me when I come home.  On tuesday TH i get home really late so rather than have her drive over at 11:30PM She comes over at about 8:00 and then treats herself to a little cock from the roommates until i come home.W here she then refuses to bang me.....(as noted in a previous thread).

It's all so clear.

I can't believe you haven't dumped the bitch yet.  I would feel dirty breathing the same air as your girlfriend and your roommates apparently concur.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:24:19 AM EDT
[#43]
You're the only name on the lease and the landlord is a family member (who most likely wont be too strict on enforcing anything against you?)?

Tell them either she stays or they pony up more rent per month.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:58:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
More drama from 1911Greg.

You have roommates paying rent and she's not.   People reasonably expect to be secure in their stuff.   It was wrong for the other dude to have his g/f there all the time exposed to your shit, etc., and its wrong for you to put them in the place of having to worry that this woman has access to their shit when they're not home.   Obviously they don't trust her.   Maybe she's trying to get them to bang her while you're gone.   Maybe one already has.   Maybe they are more perceptive about her M.O. than you seem to be.   Whatever.   Girlfriends with keys to places where there are roommates will always be a problem.

If you want to play house with this woman, lose the roommates and get some rent from her.

Got damn you've got a lot of drama.

Every other day it seems.

Are you sure you're not CLEANCUT?  

I have gotten a little entertainment from this posts but this one I had to just add something. Gonzo articulated my thoughts precisely, and I am sure many others.

If one of my friends carried on like this I would bitch slap him, throw away his manpurse and tell him to MAN UP! This chick is a train wreck. She is bangin one or both of your roommates and is probably now scheming something that is why they want her out. Wake up and ditch this freak and do a self searching.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:13:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Never ceases to amaze me that people will expose thier dysfunctions in a public forum.

Yes 1911greg I'm talking about you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:30:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Are you being serious? Your family owns the home and your "roomates" who have failed to pay rent in the house are trying to make rules? If so its rather simply give them the boot.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Didn't Eddie Murphy say one time, "This is my house!! If you don't like it, you can get the FUCK out!!!!"
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Are you being serious? Your family owns the home and your "roomates" who have failed to pay rent in the house are trying to make rules? If so its rather simply give them the boot.

House belongs to your family, and you are leaseholder, as far as they are concerned it's your house.
YOU make the rules.  But, I would want to know why!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:40:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

LOL.

Let me tell you guys the story about the case I took a couple years out of law school for some college aged hotties.   See, they moved into a house with some guys from their dorm.   One of the guys' family owned the house and he made arbitrary and abrupt decisions thinking this "ownership" right somehow insulated him from complying with landlord tenant law.  He kicked these girls out without good cause and in violation of the landlord tenant statutes, in part (as the situation Greg describes) on the basis of "past wrongs" that the judge found had been both cured and waived under applicable law.   (The testimony at trial didn't get into this, but I was personally convinced that this guy and his buddies thought their new hottie "roommates" would be convenient fuck toys and then were frustrated when these women, you know, dated real men).  

I took this punk kid and his "family" for a wrongful eviction judgment of $5,000.00 per each of the women I represented, plus the defendants had to pay all my fees.  I then recorded the judgements against his house and the mortgage lender called the note and deed of trust under the "due on transfer" clause.   They had to sell the house to pay the judgments.  It happened that I bumped into the young punk working at 7-11 a couple months afterward.

So, you know, Greg... if you want to listen to these guys who tell you that you and your family's ownership of the house somehow gives you "super power" status with respect to your roommates, think again.   They have superior rights to your "girlfriend" and its not as open and shut as you might think.  

Be sure to post the story after you wrongfully evict these guys and they take you for a few grand, though.   Especially if one of them runs if with your headache of a girlfriend.

I'm enjoying these "drama" threads from you.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.

Let me tell you guys the story about the case I took a couple years out of law school for some college aged hotties.   See, they moved into a house with some guys from their dorm.   One of the guys' family owned the house and he made arbitrary and abrupt decisions thinking this "ownership" right somehow insulated him from complying with landlord tenant law.  He kicked these girls out without good cause and in violation of the landlord tenant statutes, in part (as the situation Greg describes) on the basis of "past wrongs" that the judge found had been both cured and waived under applicable law.   (The testimony at trial didn't get into this, but I was personally convinced that this guy and his buddies through their new hottie "roommates" would be fuck toys and then were frustrated when these women, you know, dated real men).  

I took this punk kid and his "family" for a wrongful eviction judgment of $5,000.00 per each of the women I represented, plus the defendants had to pay all my fees.  I then recorded the judgements against his house and the mortgage lender called the note and deed of trust under the "due on transfer" clause.   They had to sell the house to pay the judgments.  It happened that I bumped into the young punk working at 7-11 a couple months afterward.

So, you know, Greg... if you want to listen to these guys who tell you that you and your family's ownership of the house somehow gives you "super power" status with respect to your roommates, think again.   They have superior rights to your "girlfriend" and its not as open and shut as you might think.  

Be sure to post the story after you wrongfully evict these guys and they take you for a few grand, though.   Especially if one of them runs if with your headache of a girlfriend.

I'm enjoying these "drama" threads from you.  

So your telling me if they arent paying rent and if he goes to the courts and gets the paper work he cant kick them out?

Im sure your the type of guy who will defend a jack ass who broke his leg while robbing some one. Get him a few grand as well while your at it right hey its just a job.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top