Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2005 11:37:21 AM EDT
Let's not start a big pissing match, just list a company you think gun owners should NOT support, and why.

Please keep it civil

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Leatherman - Tim Leatherman directly supported John Kerry in the '04 elections, both financially and publicly

Levi Strauss - well known for support of anti-gun groups
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Conoco/Phillips

Won't let guns on their property by employees
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Pepsi

" George Bush doesnt like black people" Mr. West
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Gannett and Knight-Ridder Papers

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Wal-mart   Kicked my MP buddy out of the store in full gear, with badge and state issued CCW. Said wal-mart policy  is no guns on property owned by wal-mart. Unless you are "LOCAL"  LEO.

No signs posted anywhere that i could see. So i still carry. But what they don't see wont hurt them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#7]
OLYMPIC ARMS - Well know for producing total CRAP!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

HESSE - Well know for producing total CRAP!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Some Costco stores have an anti-CCW policy.

(Though the one by me has no sign posted)
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wal-mart   Kicked my MP buddy out of the store in full gear, with badge and state issued CCW. Said wal-mart policy  is no guns on property owned by wal-mart. Unless you are "LOCAL"  LEO.

No signs posted anywhere that i could see. So i still carry. But what they don't see wont hurt them.

By " MP" you mean Military Police , right?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Wolf

Glock - If you like being able to open ketchup bottles on your own, and appreciate having all of your fingers, might want to stay away from them

Ares Defense

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Kellogs.

Those three Rice Crispies characters look like tree hugging fudge packers to me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#13]
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Kellogs.

Those three Rice Crispies characters look like tree hugging fudge packers to me.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Kellogs.

Then Burger King.

What's up with that big headed Mo Fo?

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#16]
PayPal/eBay for their rabid anti-gun stance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Anti-Gun Corporations/Corporate Heads

The following listing includes the most prominent national corporations that have lent their corporate support to gun control initiatives or taken position supporting gun control.

www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Disney/Time Warner/AOL

all anti's
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Conoco/Phillips

Same with Casey's General Store and Radio Shack.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Conoco/Phillips

Same with the United States Army Research Lab

Won't let guns on their property by civ employees

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Costco- anti-gun and their execs are huge democratic supporters
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Conoco/Phillips

Same with the United States Army Research Lab

Won't let guns on their property by civ employees

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Smith & Wesson
Ruger
Glock
JOEKING
Smith & Wesson

A question for all of you yahoos who say Wal-Mart has asked them to leave because of CCW:  Why in the hell did they even know you had a gun on you?  I ALWAYS pack a concealed gun into Ghetto-Mart, and so does my wife.  And nobody has ever said a thing.  It's too damn dangerous to shop at Ghetto-Mart without a strap. Do you guys run up to the manager and tell them you have a gun?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
A question for all of you yahoos who say Wal-Mart has asked them to leave because of CCW:  Why in the hell did they even know you had a gun on you?  I ALWAYS pack a concealed gun into Ghetto-Mart, and so does my wife.  And nobody has ever said a thing.  It's too damn dangerous to shop at Ghetto-Mart without a strap. Do you guys run up to the manager and tell them you have a gun?

I never go anywhere without my tools with me.

I have never seen a "No gun" sign of any type at Wally World.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Anti-Gun Corporations/Corporate Heads

The following listing includes the most prominent national corporations that have lent their corporate support to gun control initiatives or taken position supporting gun control.

www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

It is funny that Ted Danson's name isn't on that list.
He went on some sort of ignorant anti spree on an episode of Becker.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, and anti-Glock statement. How original. I hate quality and reliability too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That had to be the individual store manager.  I got an assistant manager of a Walmart in Savannah shitcanned for pulling that shit.  Rather than argue with him, I went home and called Walmart HQ in Arkansas.  They said it was NOT company policy and told me the store manager's name.  He was pissed and had me point the asshole out.  He was gone.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Smith & Wesson
Ruger
Glock
JOEKING
Smith & Wesson

Why Ruger?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Wow, and anti-Glock statement. How original. I hate quality and reliability too.

Today computers can do just that. A computer can't make the ultimate call, but they can narrow the work down to a point where manual examination is feasible. ATF is now making this computer technology available to police authorities around the country through the National Integrated Ballistics Identification Network (NIBIN). This network is a joint effort between ATF and the FBI to provide the latest technology to our state and local partners. Under this arrangement ATF will be responsible for the ballistics technology and the FBI will provide the computer network that will join the state and local systems together. Currently this provides a valuable tool for law enforcement authorities that will allow us to associate a suspect or a firearm with seemingly unrelated crimes. The future of this technology offers even greater potential. ATF is currently conducting a pilot project with Glock, wherein they will capture digital image a test fire shell casing for handguns they manufacture. That image will be associated with the serial number of the firearm in a computer database. Later if a shell casing is recovered at a crime scene it could be compared against the Glock database. This comparison could lead to the identification of the exact weapon that fired the round. Without ever recovering a firearm ATF could then trace the weapon used in the crime.

www.atf.gov/press/speech/fy00/040700ggdsymposium.htm

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Probably because of the 10 round mag thing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Be awful damn glad his chain of command didn't find out.  Wearing of MP gear off duty and off post would result in UCMJ action. Carrying a pistol at the same time (CCW or not) would have landed him in the stockade.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Just about anything that comes out of Hollywood...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Which Ruger had ZERO to do with.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That is not Wal-Marts company policy, that is an asshat managers policy. A Wal-Mart here posted no handguns signs last year around Christmas, I sent an email to their HQ about it and got a reply back within a day. It basically said that if it's legal to carry in your area it's fine with them, I went back that evening and the store had removed the signs. This same thing happened with Home Depot a year or two ago, some store (in TN I believe) put up signs prohibiting firearms. The rumor mill cranked up and got a lot of people thinking that it was a company policy when in reality it was a local manager that made the policy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Costco- anti-gun and their execs are huge democratic supporters

I actually emailed them on this issue and the response was I don't need to have a gun to be safe in Costco.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#36]
SIX flags - anti CCW rules posted out side every one of the parks i've seen

HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't fegit to check out buyblue.org.  Commie bastards.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Target.  (?)

Anything I know about this is hear-say but I've heard they're kinda anti.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Wouldn't it be easier to just list the FEW corporations and celebs who DO support the 2nd Ammendment? If people want to read endless lists of anti's and choose not to ever patronize them, that's fine with me. I don't have the time for it. Yeah, when one (like Leatherman) comes to my attention, I'll do what I feel is right (usually depends on the "level" of the offending action by said company). But you gotta admit that in reality WE gun-nuts are about the only people in the the world who really care about our gun rights... right?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Be awful damn glad his chain of command didn't find out.  Wearing of MP gear off duty and off post would result in UCMJ action. Carrying a pistol at the same time (CCW or not) would have landed him in the stockade.

John, not entirely true. While MP and active duty regs used to stipulate that BDU's should not be worn off post unless going to or from home with no stops in between, this may have been changed at some point.

MP's do have a five mile jurisdiction zone outside the post fence and can arrest in that zone while on duty. They can also travel farther in unifrom and armed on business to collect active duty personel, such as AWOL sevice members. I have also seen roving patrols travel outside the post 10 miles or more in an Army MP vehicle to take care of personal business (maybe, maybe not - not sure) while in uniform and armed. But this was 20 years ago. Things may have changed.

Heck, I got picked up from the Clarksville PD drunk tank by armed MP's after being picked up in a bar for PI. No charges and I got released to a very pissed 1SG. But, he loved me and we made up later. The latrines and brass never looked better after a month of cleaning by me...... I did a lot of extra duty......

I know an Air Force SP that wished he had his sidearm while off post and off duty when he got shot by a guy he arrested a few days before. He was only shot in the leg, but that really sucks....
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Home Depot - conspires with La Raza and other racist groups to protect illegal aliens.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Wolf

Glock - If you like being able to open ketchup bottles on your own, and appreciate having all of your fingers, might want to stay away from them

Ares Defense

I think the purpose of the thread is to point out anti-gun companies...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I understand, Ruger went to 10 rndrs before the crime bill.  
Can I currently buy a new P95 with 15rnd mag?  <--Honest question here, as I haven't loked/asked before.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I currently buy a new P95 with 15rnd mag?  <--Honest question here, as I haven't loked/asked before.

IIRC, yes, Ruger has made 15rd mags available for their handguns.  As for the 10/22..... NO.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Wal-mart Kicked my MP buddy out of the store in full gear, with badge and state issued CCW. Said wal-mart policy is no guns on property owned by wal-mart. Unless you are "LOCAL" LEO.

That's funny, they didn't mind my MP ass walking around in one of their stores on the outskirts of NO during Katrina cleanup.  Or the squad of FA MP's that I was attached to with their M16's  If I recall correctly, we had gotten there after closing but they let us in anyway.  Maybe they just liked the extra security
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What you understand is incorrect.  They did NOT go to 10 round mags before the AWB.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#47]
The United States Federal Government
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#48]
wow, no one mentioned ebay or paypal...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
wow, no one mentioned ebay or paypal...

Wow, go back and read page 1
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
OLYMPIC ARMS - Well know for producing total CRAP!!

Damn, never saw that coming !
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top