Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2005 11:15:02 AM EDT
I may or may not have put fuel stabilizer in the most recent gas to go my lawn mower. I run the engine with the stabilizer in it then stow it for the winter, siphon the gas out and use it in my snow blower.

Will it hurt if I put more fuel stabilizer in gas that may already have it in it?

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you're living in the Rain Forest, fuel stablizer is a marketing gimmick, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Unless you're living in the Rain Forest, fuel stablizer is a marketing gimmick, IMO.

It most certinly is not.  Bud I have no "proof" other than it works for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Does fuel stabilizer work ?  YES

Do I use it ?  NO

All I do is dump the fuel in the Spring and replace it with fresh stuff.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1.     I've never used it in my mower or snowblower, and each of them is still running great after 10 years.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Stabilizer does work. But for the lawnmower and other small engines I drain or use all the gas, clean plug and put a bit of oil in the spark plug hole to keep things lubed. 1st pull in the spring for the last 10 years.

As for my 68 camaro I store with a full tank (to avoid condensation) with stabilizer added. Prevents having to rebuild the carb every spring. I didn't add it to a nother car before storage and it was a pain to get running again.

I doubt it would do any harm to add more stabilizer to the mower if that is the way you want to store it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top