User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2005 4:50:36 AM EDT
That is all.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
W00t!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like Ben Rothelsberg will spend the rest of the season on crutches.

Steeler's ballon deflates. Is Tommy Maddox still the backup?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:00:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Chargers should thank the Steelers for beating up the Patriots and taking out three of their starters. That's the only way SD could beat them.

MNF pregame all about how the Chargers offense scored over 40 points in each of the last 2 games---well, they hadn't met the Steeler DEFENSE yet!

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm an Eagles fan but I lived in Pittsburgh for a short while (in Squirrel Hill).

Big Ben is probably out for the season.  Maddox is also hurt.  The QB (for now) will be Charlie Batch.  

Man, I have Hines Ward on my fantasy squad, and this is not good news.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm an Eagles fan but I lived in Pittsburgh for a short while (in Squirrel Hill).

Big Ben is probably out for the season.  Maddox is also hurt.  The QB (for now) will be Charlie Batch.  

Man, I have Hines Ward on my fantasy squad, and this is not good news.

Big Ben and Ward and Radel El are on my fantasy teams.

Damn damn damn.  Best I could pick up to replace Ben is Brunell from Washington.  I have Farve, but he has got a bye this week.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm an Eagles

Sorry to hear that.  LOL.  How bout them Cowboys  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm an Eagles

Sorry to hear that.  LOL.  How bout them Cowboys  

Hehe ... well, the Eagles are horrible under Andy Reid going into bye weeks (3-4 now).  It was a depressing loss but I think they will bounce back.  The Boys looked very good indeed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Charlie Batch is an experienced and proven quarterback.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't look like he'll be out for the season

Roethlisberger has MRI, results are in
Tuesday, October 11, 2005

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had an MRI on his knee on Tuesday morning after the team returned from San Diego and the results were the same as what the team heard following the game.

Roethlisberger has a hyperextended knee and a bone bruise and has not been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Heinz Field.

“We’ll see how the week progresses,” said head coach Bill Cowher. “I think we all have a deep sigh of relief in regards to the prognosis.”

Roethlisberger suffered the injury in the final minute the 24-22 win over the Chargers. Charlie Batch came in and handed the ball off for the final few plays, before Jeff Reed sealed the win with a field goal.

Batch could be called upon again this week, depending on how the injuries to Roethlisberger and back-up Tommy Maddox progress this week.

“Based on the information I have right now, Charlie Batch is the starter by default until I see more.”

Maddox suffered a calf injury in practice on Friday and did not make the trip to San Diego. Maddox was at the team’s practice facility on Tuesday morning, and his prognosis seems better than expected as well.

“When he got injured on Friday we thought it was a lot like Jerome (Bettis) in terms of the extent of it,” said Cowher. Tommy came in this morning and felt pretty good. I think he is going practice tomorrow. There is a good chance he will be available this week as well.

“The dire situation we thought coming in this morning doesn’t appear that right now.”

The Steelers do not plan any major roster moves at this time based on the injuries, but will add former Pitt quarterback Rod Rutherford to their practice squad.

The other injury from Monday night’s game in San Diego was to cornerback Ricardo Colclough. Colclough suffered a shoulder injury and will miss Sunday’s game against Jacksonville
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Dire situation?

The Steelers have 3 quarterbacks that have started in the NFL.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Charlie Batch is an experienced and proven quarterback.

Don't get your hopes up.  Batch's career QB rating of 76.8 is closer to David Carr's 72.1 than Roethlisberger's 103.9.

Batch's best year was five years ago. Not saying he can't play, but the Steelers are going to be a different team with him in there.

whoop. edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Never said he was as good as Roethlisberger but he has been around the block.

We're not throwing a rookie to wolves like last year when Maddox got hurt.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
www.sportsfanshq.com/products/full/6845.gif

www.98online.com/images/shirts/steelers_suck.jpg

Why doesn't Toledo have a pro football team?
Because if they had one then cleveland would want one too!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#16]
congrats, they squeaked out a win but in the process Big ben is out for a bit, and the offense is beat up a little more, I wonder how many will make it to seasons end, anyone else notice that "the bus" is beginning to look and move a bit more like "the fridge"
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Not nearly as impressive as the Cowboys tearing the Eagles to Shreds!Oh did I mention the Cowboys beat SanDiego also??

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I had a hyperextended knee in August.
He'll be fine in a week or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top