Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2005 8:19:13 PM EDT
Okay, I've got a slight situation going on. I (and two others) currently live in what's basically a three-bedroom flat, but it has another (disconnected) four-room flat underneath it. Two people moved in the downstairs house less than a week ago, one male and one female. They were fairly good neighbors for a while, keeping to themselves and asking us to help them move some furniture. Yesterday, there was a lot of yelling, screaming, doors slamming.. but it wasn't too bad for just one day. Then, it seems as though as soon as they woke up, the screaming and shouting resumed. This has been going on for most of two days so far. What should I do? Blast metal? Stomp on the floor? I'm tempted to drop a few firecrackers down on their front door... Any secret and subtle strategies in dealing with loud neighbors?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
since they are your neighbors why not be a good neighbor and go talk to them?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If it bothers you to the extent it keeps you from sleeping or someone on your phone can hear them ask them to keep it down. After that call the po-po.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Print out the story about the old guy shooting his noisy neighbor, and slip it under their door.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Print out the story about the old guy shooting his noisy neighbor, and slip it under their door.

Ah, subtle and direct.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot
Stuffum
Shutup

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Has somebody said "draw down" yet?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Two words for ya ... "Domestic Disturbance"

Call the police.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know, I would like to stay on amicable terms with them. Considering we'll be right next to each other for who-knows-how-long. I've heard some very confusing shouts though.. like, "..twisting my arm, that's unfair!"
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#9]
being the passive aggressive person i am, i had the same kind of neighbor in grad school. i usually come home late on the weekends like 4am, i would get back at them by slamming my doors, throwing my shoes against the walls and turning-up my home theater system.  they got the message after that.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#10]
911 for Domestic Violence. The cops will roll up quiet. I did it to a couple a-holes who I had previously asked politely to keep it down in the early AM. When the cops rolled up (quiet) the noisy neighbors  thought it was me knocking and both screamed "F___ YOU!" at the top of their lungs. Then the cops slammed on their door...BOOM, BOOM, BOOM...POLICE, open the door, NOW!

It was priceless.

If not, treadmill run followed by medicine ball training (oops, I dropped it again)  followed by lengthy session of Doom with subwoofers. If they're downstairs they are f...ed
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife bought me a bullhorn for my birthday present since I got tired of yelling at my neighbors all the time.

I used it a lot at first - but now it's quiet at night.

I suggest the same, but place the bullhorn over an air duct.

Or call the po-po. Domestic Violence is not something they will take lightly.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#12]
WISH I KNEW!

The jerk-ass kid I always complain about was tearing up and down the next street down announcing over his loudspeaker "I hate this street" and gunning the pipes on his $30,000 truck, doing powerslide turns through a quiet intersection (SERIOUS).  This is just deranged behavior, and deeply obnxious.  I am near my breaking point here.  He thinks he's in the Dukes of Hazzard or something.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:34:31 AM EDT
[#13]
No there's a man who needs a tire puncture or four...
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Two words for ya ... "Domestic Disturbance"

Call the police.

+1; big time!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Burn the house down! Send over some delicious special brownies... that aught to calm them down.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#17]
buy a couple of large guitar amps. crank it to the max. pertend to be hendrix for a few days. drive them nuts. if they ask just tell them you're doing it to relieve the stress of having to listen to them arguing..

also. used to live in a complex. in the complex there were some really large apartments. sometimes 6 guys would rent the large ones. i met someone one time had 6 or 7 guys living above them. guys would have free-for-all wrestling matches all night long. body slams, yelling and screaming (all in good fun though it was really wwf type free-for-alls). and it drove those people below them crazy.. you might try that too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Two words:
DRUM SET
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:25:57 AM EDT
[#19]
heh heh heh heh... ha hah h== hah ha haha HA HGAH HAH HAH AH HA HA........

Have you read any of my recent threads?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top