Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 6:50:36 PM EDT
My 8 yo son likes fake tattoos, always gets some from the grocery store gumball machines. Anybody NOT allow their kids to have fake tattoos because it may encourage real ones later or is it harmless fun ? I really don't care if he gets real ones later in life, hell I have a couple. I used to get the fake ones out of cracker jack boxes and in breakfast cereal and I haven't gone on a killing spree YET.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
i wear fake tatoos myelf.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Id be careful, this may lead to violent behavior.. I also wouldnt allow him to be anywhere near your dangerous guns either.  

Alright, Im bored, ok?

Edit, what the hell is the tatto of anyway? 3 headed alien.  Find a GWB 04 one, or an AR15 one.. and send that young man to school in a tank top!   lol
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Id be careful, this may lead to violent behavior.. I also wouldnt allow him to be anywhere near your dangerous guns either.  

He was shooting his guns this weekend while wearing a fake tattoo.  He;s really screwed huh  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was shooting his guns this weekend while wearing a fake tattoo.  He;s really screwed huh  

Thats a double whammy bonus right there...  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#5]
It's just a fake tattoo. I'd be surprised if it made him any more likely to get a real one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Who hasn't done this at some point in their lives?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Its part of the growing up process and part of "being a little kid" -

Its harmless -
And as long as my kids dont get "Death" Tattooed across their throat - It shouldt be to bad

-Its the parents that should lead their children away from "real" tattoos if thats something they are concerned about . . . . Tell them they cant have fake tattoos may make it worse ?

Just like toy guns - You take them away - They use sticks (or in my case legos) - Its all part of the growing up process . . . . big deal . . . .
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I think it is cute. I use it as a chance to raz the little guys about having "dirt" on their arm.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:35:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"Maybe one day, when I grow up, I can have a real tat....and then, I will be real white trash!!"

2 words, people: Cracker Jacks...

Do you NOT remember???

White trash my ass....
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:37:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate most tattoos on adults. Just think what I think of them on children.

ESPECIALLY tattoos that look real. That first pic is a far cry from the ones you used to find in packages of Bazooka Bubble Gum.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#12]
It may be great psychology, as in, help to get it out of their system, or possibly make a more informed decision about what will be on their body for the rest of their life.

Or at least start a savings plan for future Excimer or Yag Laser removal.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I think it's harmless.

If the kid grows up around adults who have tattoos, the chances increase that he/she will get a real one when they become old enough. Or they may not like them, I guess it would depend on how impressionable they are.

You see people who's parents don't have tattoos and yet the child (now an adult) is covered in them.

I grew up around them and never really cared for them, saw no reason to have them.
I have one now and that's all I intend on having. What I have means something to me, it's something I live for and would die for if necessary.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't know if it is true or not, but I have been told that when left on for too long, some fake tatoos work into the skin and leave a permanent stain.

I am for fake tatoos within reason, but I would make them properly remove them daily.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm sure most of us remember the tattoos you would get in a box Cracker Jacks. That was the best prize you could get. I think they're harmless, kids being kids.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"Maybe one day, when I grow up, I can have a real tat....and then, I will be real white trash!!"

Spoken like a true asshole.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#19]
My son came home with one. Its  OK but I better have a talk with him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Educated and well thought out. Some of my brothers are still serving in the sandbox. We all have the same piece of ink work. We're good enough to die for this country though right? There are some very brave and honorable warriors with ink serving their country as we speak. With that comment you show disrespect to all of them ,sir.

J

Well said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top