Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 4:26:35 PM EDT
I just landed from the afternoon flight and talked paramedics to a possible crime scene. Two men were boating in the river between Star and Middleton and one was shot in the back presumably from the bank. I cannot confirm anything yet. At first we thought it may have been a hunting accident but now it looks like a possible assault by a third party. I'll watch for more details. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Could have happened but probably his buddy in the boat shot him. Just guessing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
"Boy, you sure have a pretty mouth.  Let me hear you squeal like a pig!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the guys in the boat had shotguns and the wound was rifle. There is no way a point-blank shotgun wound will pass for a distance shot and the deputies were beginning a search for the perp when I left the scene.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:49:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, didn't hear about this.  That's local for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:57:34 AM EDT
[#6]
It's starting hunting season... If I was looking for the source of a random shooting this time of year, that would be the first place I would look. (Having heard more than a few rounds buzzing around in the woods with no logical origin)
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:50:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Bingo, Deer hunting in the river with rifles. They were close too, as the rescue spooked at least one deer out of the nearby trees. There is talk of a third party but definitely looks like a hunting accident incident.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bingo, Deer hunting in the river with rifles. They were close too, as the rescue spooked at least one deer out of the nearby trees. There is talk of a third party but definitely looks like a hunting accident incident.

Now it is buckshot by a third party. The guy will recover. Caught 5 pellets.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I love that area. Keep us posted!

ETA Just caught the last post. I never heard of anyone hunting deer with a shotgun in Idaho during the seven years I lived there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I love that area. Keep us posted!

ETA Just caught the last post. I never heard of anyone hunting deer with a shotgun in Idaho during the seven years I lived there.

My father did when we first moved here when I was a kid but I agree it is weird. The rescue did scare a deer out of a stand of trees 200 feet from the incident.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top