Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 2:45:22 PM EDT
I decided to take my pet snake, Pedro, outside inthe back yard to enjoy the weather. I thought these came out pretty good, for pictures of a snake.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics of the yard?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
what kind of snake is that? it's pretty and it looks vicious.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
How many times has he bitten you?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a krate?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool snake and pics. thanks. Bet it wasn't happy to go back to the cage though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a California (non-liberal) Kingsnake. Non-venomous.

And to answer the biting question...

Pics of the yard?

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice pond.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's a California (non-liberal) Kingsnake. Non-venomous.

And to answer the biting question...
rabidchicken.com/pics/snake01.jpg

Pics of the yard?

www.rabidchicken.com/pics/dscn0106.jpg

Heh, you pissed it off.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice snake.  It's a garter.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Does he move fast? Any chance of escape?

Did the bite draw much blood?

Why don't you cut his head off and make a belt out of him?

I hate snakes.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Nice snake.  It's a garter[\s] California Kingsnake.

I didn't piss it off. The previous owner didn't feed it much, so I was food. He is full now and doesn't bite anymore.

Does he move fast?Not really Any chance of escape?The yard is pretty plain and empty past the pond

Did the bite draw much blood?The initial bite didn't, but when he strted gnawing at my finger while atempting to eat it, it bled quite a bit

Why don't you cut his head off and make a belt out of him?He is 3 feet long, 36". So without his head it wouldn't be big enough for a belt.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#12]
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice snake.  It's a garter[\s] California Kingsnake.

I didn't piss it off. The previous owner didn't feed it much, so I was food. He is full now and doesn't bite anymore.

First snake or what other snakes have you had?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a ball python when I was about 13. Got rid of it when I joined the Army. After I got married we bought 2 redtail boas that were around 7' each. After the female bit me, a bloody mess, I sold her and just kept the male. The male kept growing and was getting hard to kep even in an 80 gal aquarium so we sold him off too. Now we just have a bearded dragon, leopard gecko, kingsnake, 2 dogs, and a cat.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Who was holding your beer ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I had a ball python when I was about 13. Got rid of it when I joined the Army. After I got married we bought 2 redtail boas that were around 7' each. After the female bit me, a bloody mess, I sold her and just kept the male. The male kept growing and was getting hard to kep even in an 80 gal aquarium so we sold him off too. Now we just have a bearded dragon, leopard gecko, kingsnake, 2 dogs, and a cat.

So, tell the sotry about the boa bite. Get you on the arm? I didnt realize they could draw much blood.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Vote For Pedro!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Good pics.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I once worked in a sanatorium in Florida.  People are amazed at my knowledge of serpents.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#20]
IBTSK

In before the Sp1Grrl Snake Killer

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Does Pedro offer you his protection?

Blah I hate snakes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I once worked in a sanatorium in Florida.  People are amazed at my knowledge of serpents.

How does supervising crazy people give you knowledge of snakes??
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#23]
snake pit
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I supervised crazy snakes.  Or maybe it was a serpentarium.  I not real sure.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, tell the sotry about the boa bite. Get you on the arm? I didnt realize they could draw much blood.

The female had always been a little frisky. Usually when I put my hand in the cage, she would raise her head toward my hand and flick her tongue a lot like she was going to bite. Normally, I would put my hand up to her face and bump her nose so she would know it was me. She would then back off and go about her business. One night, she flicked her tongue, and lifted her head slowly toward me. I put my hand toward her to let her know it was me and she took my by surprise and struck at my hand. She got my complete middle finger and fore finger in her mouth up to my hand. I did the dumb thing by jerking my hand back. Snakes have hook shaped teeth to keep their prey captive in their mouths. Well, these hook shaped teeth ripped the skin on my hand and both fingers as I jerked back. It was just a flesh wound, but it was a bloody flesh wound. She was sold within a week.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Is that a krate?

''

Kraits are poisonous...

LB
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The female had always been a little frisky. Usually when I put my hand in the cage, she would raise her head toward my hand and flick her tongue a lot like she was going to bite. Normally, I would put my hand up to her face and bump her nose so she would know it was me. She would then back off and go about her business. One night, she flicked her tongue, and lifted her head slowly toward me. I put my hand toward her to let her know it was me and she took my by surprise and struck at my hand. She got my complete middle finger and fore finger in her mouth up to my hand. I did the dumb thing by jerking my hand back. Snakes have hook shaped teeth to keep their prey captive in their mouths. Well, these hook shaped teeth ripped the skin on my hand and both fingers as I jerked back. It was just a flesh wound, but it was a bloody flesh wound. She was a belt within a week.[/quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Here is a pic of a dead snake.

My sons first kill

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow, what a beautiful King Snake.  I've had some scarlet kings, but this one is nice.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The female had always been a little frisky. Usually when I put my hand in the cage, she would raise her head toward my hand and flick her tongue a lot like she was going to bite. Normally, I would put my hand up to her face and bump her nose so she would know it was me. She would then back off and go about her business. One night, she flicked her tongue, and lifted her head slowly toward me. I put my hand toward her to let her know it was me and she took my by surprise and struck at my hand. She got my complete middle finger and fore finger in her mouth up to my hand. I did the dumb thing by jerking my hand back. Snakes have hook shaped teeth to keep their prey captive in their mouths. Well, these hook shaped teeth ripped the skin on my hand and both fingers as I jerked back. It was just a flesh wound, but it was a bloody flesh wound. She was sold within a week.

How do you remove the snake from your hand? Just wait till she lets go?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#32]
They are "pretty" in their own right ..... but ...... Eeeewwwww .... they always give me goosebumps!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#33]

The exact same thing happened to me with my 10.5 feet Albino Burmese Python named "spot".
I didn't pull my hand out though. I grabbed him by the neck and pulled him out of the aquarium and my wife held his bottom jaw while I tore my thumb up getting the top jaw off without ripping my hand open. From then on I always grabbed him from behind and I too sold him shortly thereafter.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:18:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Which one, St. Cloud or Miami?

And isn't it called a "Serpentarium"?

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I get the words confused when I get my meds mixed up.  I worked at the one in Miami as a child.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Cool, we have a 4 1/2 ft. ball Python. He's 5 years old and loves white mice!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#37]
that is cool!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#38]

I hate snakes, Jock! I hate 'em!

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#39]
I got a really good deal on him. A guy I work with had him, actually it was his son's. His sone moved out and left the snake. He sold me the snake, 40 gal aquarium w/screen, reptile light hood, under tank heating pad, and "cave" hiding place all for $50. I feel guilty, but he reallywanted to get rid of it. The snakes sell locally for $125+ for babies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top