Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 9:27:04 PM EDT
Watching Bill Mahr (yeah I know...) but Ben Afflick is on defending the castle doctrine in Florida and called the Brady Campaign on their lies about it!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nuh-UH!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
really? if so my opinion of him went up,  a bit..
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
well he was defending the castle doctrine... Bill Maher looked at him and said "I know you love guns... but what do you think about Florida's new law" Affleck basically said that the Brady Bunch had the law correct but was misinforming people about what it actually allows... he also said that you should not have to retreat to defend yourself.... I hope HBO posts the transcript so I can quote it more acuratlly
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've just upgraded him from worthless shitbag to third degree man whore.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to see it to believe it.  Isn't he a liberal asshat?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got mixed feelings about that guy.  I think he's more of a libertarian than an outright flaming liberal.

Plus he knocked up Jennifer Garner and he got to "bump uglies" with JLo.  That's another plus in his catagory.

ETA:  As to not burn my 1776th post:  JBravo223, I agree with your post below.  I would prefer a libertarian to a flaming liberal.  He was interviewed by Bill O'Reilly during the 2004 Presidental campaign and I thought he presented himself well (even though he he was anti-Bush).

That and he knocked up Jennifer Garner and he got to "bump uglies" with JLo.

My other criticism is that he's a rabid BOSOX fan.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've got mixed feelings about that guy.  I think he's more of a libertarian than an outright flaming liberal.

Plus he knocked up Jennifer Garner and he got to "bump uglies" with JLo.  That's another plus in his catagory.

Libertarians are okay with me. They believe that the Constitution should be taken as is...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard he has a GA concealed pistol permit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I need to see it to believe it.  Isn't he a liberal asshat?

Yes, He supported John Kerry 100% but I THINK Liberals are starting to see the light of the 2nd Amendment and they have to realize if they are gonna make ANY headway (Barring a MAJOR Republican fuck up) they have to back up the second Amend and forget the gun control issue.

Gun control is finished. All the laws that are in place should be enforced and be done with it.

Actually, they have OVERDONE it and now they have to repeal a few... (YA HEAR ME CA???)

Now what Ben Affleck does is he is a FIRM believer in "Fuck you and Hooray for me"

He is the asshat that said "YOU HAVE TO VOTE TO BE HEARD!!!" and then he doesnt vote.

VERY self serving prick.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually he did the same thing on Fox during the elections and stated he was very pro gun and it was one of the key issues where he disagreed with most Democrats.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I just want to peg his wife.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree about the liberals backing off the anti-Second Amendment/gun control issue, but the issue will never die.  If the dims get any control whatsoever, expecially in congress, then it'll be a problem once again.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I agree about the liberals backing off the anti-Second Amendment/gun control issue, but the issue will never die.  If the dims get any control whatsoever, expecially in congress, then it'll be a problem once again.

I think it was James Carville who also said they need to dump the whole Gun control issue. They will need to ease into that too. When you put a candidate like Kerry on the spot of Candidate claiming he is Progun and a "Hunterrrrrr" you gotta check out his voting record.

For heavens sake dont say that you are gonna walk away from the GC issue then put a rabidly anti gun voting machine as your #1 man... why dont you just put Chuck Schumer or Dianne Fienstein as well?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Crazy.  He's house-hunting here in Charlottesville too.  Scuttlebutt was that he was thinking about moving here and running for the Senate.  If I run into him I'll try and get him out to an ARFCOM shoot.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#16]
They will drop GC till they have majority again or until McCain or Hillary is elected.  GWB seems as adament in keeping things as they are as any Dim.   S.397 will bite us in the ass in the future with an ammo ban if the house uses it.  The most far reaching GC has come from the G.O.P.

Reagan= F.O.P.A. 86 MG Ban
BWHB 41= 89 E.O.
GWB 43= ???????? Ammo ban?????
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
They will drop GC till they have majority again or until McCain or Hillary is elected.  GWB seems as adament in keeping things as they are as any Dim.   S.397 will bite us in the ass in the future with an ammo ban if the house uses it.  The most far reaching GC has come from the G.O.P.

BWHB 41= 89 E.O.

Norinco Ban.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#18]
SteyrAUG, Norincos SHOULD be prohibited from importation, becuase they are owned by the ChiComs. I dont think the US should be suporting the ChiCom weapons industry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BWHB 41= 89 E.O.

Norinco Ban.

I love my ChiCom 1911 and would love a .223 MAK and M-14.  But didn't think it fit "Far Reaching".
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
SteyrAUG, Norincos SHOULD be prohibited from importation, becuase they are owned by the ChiComs. I dont think the US should be suporting the ChiCom weapons industry.

Do you shop for anything?  OK then you support the Chinese period argument is null.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If Wal Mart can be loaded with ChiCom merchandise I want cheap Polytechs.

Wal Mart funnels more cash to China in a year than all the sales of Polytechs and Norincos ever imported.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wal Mart funnels more cash to China in a year than all the sales of Polytechs and Norincos ever imported.

They're China's 8th largest trading partner all by their lonesome, aren't they?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I try to avoid buying Chinese goods.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Tacos tacos tacos  

Dammit, huge image.  Sorry bout that, I'm on dialup if it makes anyone feel better.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I gave up.  If something can be made in China, Malaysia, Taiwan, Whereever, and then shipped 5000 miles to here and still cost half as much as an american counterpart, then we are either doing something wrong, or not taxing the imports enough.  Perhaps we are taxing/regulating our industries too much.  I do not know, What I do know is that price is a factor in what I buy.  

On Ben Affleck:

Till I see him at the range, he is just another Hollyweirdo.  Actually if I ever see him in a movie where all the gun terminology is correct, I might accept him a little.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

As do most of us. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:08:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
My other criticismPRAISE is that he's a rabid BOSOX fan.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Heheheh.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:16:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. You can't have it both ways. Regardless of WHAT you buy - you may be supporting the ChiCom military - they are communist so it could be a CD Player you get that helps build a T72 tank......people freak out over Chinese imports but never stop to look around their house. The "Buy America" crowd is the biggest group of hypocrits out there. Sounds great in theory.

I don't trust Ben Affleck - his humor is funny at times - but he's still a Hollywood asshat until he proves differently.

+1 for Libertarian leanings IF that's where he's at.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I was going to until I read this:

My other criticism is that he's a rabid BOSOX fan.

Now he's even lower than before.

He STILL sucks as an actor, BTW....
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:26:07 AM EDT
[#32]
As long as he honestly supports the 2nd amendemnt... what's that saying? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127324,00.html

O'REILLY: You are what? A very liberal guy, a moderate liberal guy? Where are you?

AFFLECK: Yes, I would say I'm a moderately liberal guy. I mean, there are things that I agree with the Democratic Party. There are things I don't. For example, I'm not a big gun control guy. I believe in all the bill of rights, including the Second Amendment. I'm not a party guy one way or another. I don't believe in subscribing to that. I still believe in people more than I believe in parties per se.

espn.go.com/page2/s/questions/affleck.html

10. You recently applied for a gun permit in Georgia. Are you a hunter?

What I hunt are pigeons, but they're the clay variety. And let me tell you something: Those clay ones are tricky. A lot of clay ones have gotten away. I don't hunt live animals, but I do some target practice -- and mostly skeet shooting, clay pigeon shooting. Which is a lot of fun.

You don't see yourself on the next season of ESPN Outdoors?

No. You have to get up real early and hide out in the blind, and it's cold. You're up there forever; and eventually, some deer comes along and you shoot it? I'd rather be playing basketball or shooting the clay pigeons. See, you can plan when the clay pigeons come by. You can organize them. But don't think they aren't tricky, because they are.

Maybe the gun will scare off some of the paparazzi?

I like that. I feel that the framers of the Constitution envisioned the Second Amendment as a remedy to the excesses of the first.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:39:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BWHB 41= 89 E.O.

Norinco Ban.

Norinco Ban was trade sanctions against Norinco for some violations, forget the exact details. We still get plenty of guns from the Chicoms.

Hell, the US buys every damn surplus, antique, cut up gun it can get it's hands on. Not to mention every bit of surplus ammo from 70 years ago and up. Other countries must wonder WTF we do with all of them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BWHB 41= 89 E.O.

Norinco Ban.

Norinco Ban was trade sanctions against Norinco for some violations, forget the exact details. We still get plenty of guns from the Chicoms.

Hell, the US buys every damn surplus, antique, cut up gun it can get it's hands on. Not to mention every bit of surplus ammo from 70 years ago and up. Other countries must wonder WTF we do with all of them.

It wouldnt have anything to do with the 2,000 Norinco/Polytech fullauto AK's that were seized by ATF in LA headed for street gangs would it? (1996 iirc)
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:59:10 AM EDT
[#35]
NEVER TRUST A LIBERAL!  (Fineswine, Shumer, Kennedy, Clintons et al).

I don't give a crap what those assholes say....they lie like dogs daily....they know no other way. Problem is, seems like lately a lot of so called conservatives do it also.

Gun control will live as long as libs do. It is part of their inbred philosophy because the citizens of this country are not smart enough to conduct their own lives, thus the libs know what is best for us, from cradle to grave, not to mention our wages!

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:06:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEVER TRUST A LIBERAL!  (Fineswine, Shumer, Kennedy, Clintons et al).

I don't give a crap what those assholes say....they lie like dogs daily....they know no other way. Problem is, seems like lately a lot of so called conservatives do it also.

Dude, this is the definition of politician. It is behavior that is not exclusive any political ideology.

I understand your position, but Reagan was a politician who I felt was as least a stand-up guy. There have been a good many others, so I don't lump them all, past/present into the "asshole" category.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:20:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You know, I have thought the same thing.  Here's those Russians working in the Wolf ammo factory producing case after case of ammo packaged in English language boxes and I wonder what they think other than being grateful to American 'sportsmen' for keeping them in a job.  Do they think we are a nation of 'shoot 'em up cowboys' or that we're waging civil war?  I mean there is a ton of Wolf crossing the ocean and I can't believe it doesn't go unnoticed by those factory workers.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I heard he has a GA concealed pistol permit.

and fineswine has one from CA
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
As long as he honestly supports the 2nd amendemnt... what's that saying? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127324,00.html

O'REILLY: You are what? A very liberal guy, a moderate liberal guy? Where are you?

AFFLECK: Yes, I would say I'm a moderately liberal guy. I mean, there are things that I agree with the Democratic Party. There are things I don't. For example, I'm not a big gun control guy. I believe in all the bill of rights, including the Second Amendment. I'm not a party guy one way or another. I don't believe in subscribing to that. I still believe in people more than I believe in parties per se.

espn.go.com/page2/s/questions/affleck.html

10. You recently applied for a gun permit in Georgia. Are you a hunter?

What I hunt are pigeons, but they're the clay variety. And let me tell you something: Those clay ones are tricky. A lot of clay ones have gotten away. I don't hunt live animals, but I do some target practice -- and mostly skeet shooting, clay pigeon shooting. Which is a lot of fun.

You don't see yourself on the next season of ESPN Outdoors?

No. You have to get up real early and hide out in the blind, and it's cold. You're up there forever; and eventually, some deer comes along and you shoot it? I'd rather be playing basketball or shooting the clay pigeons. See, you can plan when the clay pigeons come by. You can organize them. But don't think they aren't tricky, because they are.

Maybe the gun will scare off some of the paparazzi?

I like that. I feel that the framers of the Constitution envisioned the Second Amendment as a remedy to the excesses of the first.

well shit. kerry said pretty much the same pile of crap, and not only went skeet shooting but live animal hunting too
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#42]

Watching Bill Mahr (yeah I know...)

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Hell, the US buys every damn antique, cut up gun it can get it's hands on. Not to mention every bit of surplus ammo from 70 years ago and up. Other countries must wonder WTF we do with all of them.

It takes alot of guns to keep them behind every blade of grass...
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#44]
I saw the repeat of the show... I had to really keep my dinner down for that. I am amazed though on how Affleck held his composure during Mahr's tirade on Florida's law... you know how liberals go to the extreme on nonsense. Well Allfeck just sat there and said with a straight face "No, you have just stated like a bunch of things that are not true. Here is what the law is ....." and he went on to accurately explain the law.

I was impressed with his explanation. Then he went on to say that he indeed catagorizes himself with the left wing liberals.

So he is NOT a libertarian at any cost.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

My thoughts,exactly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#46]
As lonmg as he is a libtard tool, he will never br truly por gun. He has lots of $$. If they outright banned them all, only the rich like him will be able to afford them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top