Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 8:12:20 PM EDT
Ive got HD, but no DVR... Can I hook up my vcr directly to the cable box and tape a HD program to VHS??.. Ive got a concert I need to tape for a co-worker.. If so, what channel do I put the vcr on??
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The VCR wont be able to "see" the HD signal so no, it wont work.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn.... Thanks for the help though....
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of my high-definition channels from Cablevision are also available as regular digital channels (ex: Channel 2 is regular CBS, channel 702 is CBS HD). If that is the case, you should be able to tape from the regular channel.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive got Cox.. This is on INHD2 which I dont think is offered in regular format..
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ive got Cox.. This is on INHD2 which I dont think is offered in regular format..

Yepper, you're right.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#6]
My TV has a "Master Out" connection.  Essentially, whatever you have on the TV goes out these RCA and S video cables.  If you have these you can hook the VCR up to that.  You won't get an HD quality recording, but you'll be able to tape it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted: Ive got Cox.. This is on INHD2 which I dont think is offered in regular format..
Check if your cable box or TV has a "downmix" option to output a signal in standard TV (4:3 I think). It might be under the Menu screen or via standard white/red/yellow RCA jacks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top