Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:53:34 PM EDT
Osha has standards in place for noise levels. Suppressors reduce noise levels. Could a shooter who experiences hearing loss file suit?
Or is it one of those wishful thinking things that sounds good but would never get anywhere?

I fucking hate the government.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you use firearms at work?  OSHA isn't going to care what you do in your off time.

Besides,  you can already get supressors. They're not illegal.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see why you couldn't, But I don't think you'd win
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You can FILE. But will it PROSPER.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you use firearms at work?  OSHA isn't going to care what you do in your off time.

+1

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
A STATE lawsuit might work if your state bans suppressors.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You can legally own a suppressor, so no you cannot,

theoretically you could sue a state gov. if they were keeping you from owning one.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They are in Michigan.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are in Michigan.

Really?  That sucks.  Guess you're stuck with those OSHA rated earplugs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

There illegal to own in Kansas.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#10]
what stops them from claiming YOU didnt use all reasonable measure to protect your own hearing?

they will point out that simple 50 cent plugs would have prevented the outcome..

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are in Michigan.

Really?  That sucks.  Guess you're stuck with those OSHA rated earplugs.

Yup, and all FAs unless they qualify as C&R as well.  No SBRs either, and I think DDs and AOWs are banned too, but I'm not sure.  Bastards.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

they are prohibitevly expensive though.
plus, why should they be taxed so much?
why shouldn't i be able to buy one over the counter after my NICS check comes back clean?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#13]
In Great Britian is it easier to get suppressors for shooting now due to EU hearing rules.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they are prohibitevly expensive though.
plus, why should they be taxed so much?
why shouldn't i be able to buy one over the counter after my NICS check comes back clean?

You are going to sue the govt because something sold in the private sector costs too much?

Where is my 3$ Porsche?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, you can. That is why most agencies require you to wear hearing protection. Then their argument is that they are not liable. you probably can't win, but you can try.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yes, you can. That is why most agencies require you to wear hearing protection. Then their argument is that they are not liable. you probably can't win, but you can try.

You could show how earpro does not offer enough protection to completely prevent hearing damage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top